John Idzik: MERGED

detjetsfan69

You guys are so naïve. No wonder our fans are one of the dumbest in all NFL.  In this country MONEY TALK, NO? Do you guys knows how much money Idzik made for Woody this year? Thinks of all the Millions in cap space.  There is absolutely ZERO chance Idzik will be fired after this season and I want him gone today.

• Replies 680
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You guys are so naïve. No wonder our fans are one of the dumbest in all NFL.  In this country MONEY TALK, NO? Do you guys knows how much money Idzik made for Woody this year? Thinks of all the Millions in cap space.  There is absolutely ZERO chance Idzik will be fired after this season and I want him gone today

By CBA agreement, that money must be spent in the next 2 years.   Woody has always spent right up to the cap, and opened his wallet when the GM asked for it.  Often over paid

MacDougal is on IR and still with the team. TE's and Safeties usually take time to develop. And heck Amaro is leading the rookie TE class in number of catches and yards.

We still have some hope. The draft was not as phenomenal as it could have been but there is still some hope for some of the prospects like MacDougal, Dozier, Evans, O'Reilly, IPK, Enunwa on top of Pryor and Amaro improving and becoming better. So there is still a pretty good amount of hope. On top of that JETS got Walter Powell who was Cardinals 6th round pick. Who knows how he does going forward.

Powell is a great signing. He fumbled on the punt return vs. the Broncos. He's gonna fit right in. You go Idziot.  

Forget working QBs out on their campus to evaluate their skillsets. Don't wanna waste Woody's cash on a flight/hotel/meal stipend. Better bet is to draft them in the 6th round, evaluate them in camp, and then cut them afterwards if they're not up to snuff. No guaranteed cash to be wasted going that route.

Or maybe we can go all-in on a highly flawed second round QB who can't take a snap from under center that comes from a gimmick spread offense. Don't wanna get all risky and draft someone in the first round, especially with all our holes on defense. JN scouts  - anyone come to mind?

With the Bohanon injury we're really in a bind. You know how valuable FB's are nowadays. Who's playing fullback for Idzik's son's college team? I'm thinking we can go that route in round 3 or 4.

Funny thing about Bohanon is he actually sucked.

Or maybe we can go all-in on a highly flawed second round QB who can't take a snap from under center that comes from a gimmick spread offense. Don't wanna get all risky and draft someone in the first round, especially with all our holes on defense. JN scouts  - anyone come to mind?

If I didn't know any better I'd say you're being sarcastic with all of these rants. Or maybe not. Maybe you're being serious. You really can never tell on this board.

Stuff like this can get you thrown off this forum if you're taking the sarcastic route. If you're serious, you may be considered for captain!

I know this may come as a shock - but look up Idziks background again- he comes from a football family and has had several roles in different areas of football.

my father was an amazing guitarist who studied classical guitar at a prestigious college, his mother was a legally blind self taught concert pianist, and his father was about as accomplished musician as one can be, first bass in the new orleans orchestra as well as a professor of music and ability to play any stringed instrument with proficiency. My father has cousins and uncles who all had various degrees of success in music, from the drummer for White Lion to the band leader in the movie the Godfather. I can not play a kazoo.

So yeah, I don't care about his football family as I doubt there is some kind of hereditary football gene. If there were, Simms wouldn't be our practice squad/3rd string qb. And his background in Seattle was as a cap guy/negotiator. The further away from his hiring we get, the more it has come out that he had nothing to do with player evaluation/personnel decisions. This is a guy that some corporate head hunter advised Woody on.

my father was an amazing guitarist who studied classical guitar at a prestigious college, his mother was a legally blind self taught concert pianist, and his father was about as accomplished musician as one can be, first bass in the new orleans orchestra as well as a professor of music and ability to play any stringed instrument with proficiency. My father has cousins and uncles who all had various degrees of success in music, from the drummer for White Lion to the band leader in the movie the Godfather. I can not play a kazoo.

So yeah, I don't care about his football family as I doubt there is some kind of hereditary football gene. If there were, Simms wouldn't be our practice squad/3rd string qb. And his background in Seattle was as a cap guy/negotiator. The further away from his hiring we get, the more it has come out that he had nothing to do with player evaluation/personnel decisions. This is a guy that some corporate head hunter advised Woody on.

tpf-001.jpg

...from the drummer for White Lion to the band leader in the movie the Godfather. I can not play a kazoo.

Wait, so the drummer of White Lion is relatives with the lead singer of the wedding band in The Godfather? I have no idea why but this an extraordinarily interesting piece of information.

Rec Ryan's first year and second year as a head coach led the jets to back to back AFC championship games with mark Sanchez at qb besides geno you can't get any worse than mark and we still went to AFC championship games back to back years if we had let's say a Carson Palmer or tony Romo or matt Ryan at qb not a great qb but a solid productive qb we would easily have 2 more super bowl wins under our belt .. so don't rip rec Ryan he took a 4-12 team and marched all the way to the AFC championship game the very next year with a less than average qb

I'm genuinely left wondering how far Rex could run this team into the ground while still maintaining his (rapidly diminishing) cadre of devotees to deflect blame onto others and absolve him of any responsibility. I mean, I acknowledge it's mostly the least informed and most gullible elements of the fanbase, but it nonetheless leaves me in a stunned state of disbelief.

"Herp derp, 2 AFCCG losses (with Mangini's roster, that Rex systematically eradicated over his 6 year tenure). Give him a 3rd GM, a 4th OC, a 3rd QB to develop (read: ruin), and a lifetime extension!"

What (few) positive elements that exist with the Jets are attributed to Rex; the (many) negatives are blamed on anyone else.

When it comes to Rex:

5417db2bc655eec48fda83b6fc0d7f41.jpg

Wait, so the drummer of White Lion is relatives with the lead singer of the wedding band in The Godfather? I have no idea why but this an extraordinarily interesting piece of information.

One helped create an epic piece of Americana. The other was the drummer for White Lion.

Nice to see the "Gay for Rex's Feet" crowd still pumping out thread after thread blaming everyone other than Rex for our problems.

After all, the Head Coach really doesn't have a role in how we do at all, right?  Or is it the only reason we're not 0-16 is Rex's brilliance?  I forget which since Rex fans often use both.

Lets just finally give Rex the (third) GM he deserves, and the (fourth) O-Co that will really suit him, and the talent (lol) of all-pros at every position on the field that no one can win without (lol), and THEN Rex will REALLY show us.

Never mind the four non-winning seasons in a row!  never mind the return to the Kotite era (the last time we went four years without a postseason)!

Rex is blameless!

Fire Idzik and um, the O-Co, and um.....the players, and er......the Owner.  and maybe some Fans.

The Rex will succeed, instead of producing a worse team than the year before every year in his tenure here.

Archived