John Idzik: MERGED

detjetsfan69

Woody likes him. He's staying. Rex and some other coaches/scouts are gone. Idizk is balling out this offseason. He'll prob spend something along the lines of 40 mil, and still have something like 20 mil left on the cap. Because planning for the future is how you get ahead in everything. Here's to better times, and hopefully Mariota. 

probably exactly what will happen (cause folks forget Idzik and all other potential GMs wanted Rex gone, but Woody said 'u take interview only if u agree Rex stays). Some candidates bailed, Idzik rolled dice ot get his 1st GM gig. Now Woody realizes  he broke Rule#1 as a ownwr: when u fire the GM, u always let the new GM pick the coach.

• Replies 680
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like Idzik's philosophy of not overspending on overhyped/overrated FA's and building through the draft. The problem is, so far, that he's demonstrated he can't draft for sh*t.

I understand the mindset of some who think he can't be fired after 2 years (both of which he was saddled with Wrecks), but I think if you bring in someone with sufficient cache to run the whole operation (Harbaugh), it justifies firing him after only 2 years. Or, just give Harbaugh final say/veto power on personnel matters and keep Idzik on as a capologist/GM in name only.

I like Idzik's philosophy of not overspending on overhyped/overrated FA's and building through the draft. The problem is, so far, that he's demonstrated he can't draft for sh*t.

I understand the mindset of some who think he can't be fired after 2 years (both of which he was saddled with Wrecks), but I think if you bring in someone with sufficient cache to run the whole operation (Harbaugh), it justifies firing him after only 2 years. Or, just give Harbaugh final say/veto power on personnel matters and keep Idzik on as a capologist/GM in name only.

This is what I said also, only way Idzik gone is if Woody opens wallet   and gets HUGE sought candidate who wants to run whole show, Harbaugh, Cowher-type etc.

We are also at point where we almost have to trade up to get Mmariota. 

This is what I said also, only way Idzik gone is if Woody opens wallet   and gets HUGE sought candidate who wants to run whole show, Harbaugh, Cowher-type etc.

We are also at point where we almost have to trade up to get Mmariota. 

The way things are looking right now, we might not even have to trade up to be in a position to draft Mariota. Look at the remaining schedule - is there a single team remaining that makes you say, "Oh, the Jets are definitely winning that game!"? Not to my eyes. There's a legitimate chance we go 1-15; more realistically, we're a 3-4 win team, which may end up being bad enough for the #1 overall.

The way things are looking right now, we might not even have to trade up to be in a position to draft Mariota. Look at the remaining schedule - is there a single team remaining that makes you say, "Oh, the Jets are definitely winning that game!"? Not to my eyes. There's a legitimate chance we go 1-15; more realistically, we're a 3-4 win team, which may end up being bad enough for the #1 overall.

he won't come out if he thinks there is a chance he will be conscripted into this army of fools

Just incredible you have Jets fans still defending John Idzik. The rest of the NFL thinks John Idzik is a joke.

You're 100% correct. I've been saying the same thing for 6 months and they still won't listen. I wouldn't waste your time with them, they just don't get how crystal clear this is.

I find it interesting that everybody turned on Pryor so quickly.  He has not made every play, but I don't see why everybody is against him.  He has looked as good as any S we have had in ages outside of Laron Landry. He looks better to me than Rhodes when everybody was saying we had to "lock him up!"

it is like a survivor from the Titanic complaining that the sheets in the cabins were scratchy.

Hasn't Slauson been gone for 2 seasons ? So we are just going to switch between last year and this year as it suits our arguments...eh

For as bad as the CB have been on the JETS despite all the injuries i don't think anyone has given up 200 plus yards. And i was all for re-signing Cro. Didn't know he was this bad.

To say  "Didn't know he was this bad"  in regards to Cromartie's season   borders  on silly.   He and Peterson so far this season are in the conversation for the best CB tandem in the NFL.   Yes they are both off a very bad game, but they are on a team that plays mostly man coverage, with a high blitz % much like Rex's D.  

They are 3-1 and before last week  were beating some pretty good QB's.   Lets see what Manning and Demaryius Thomas do to his replacement Patterson this week..............Oh wait

How many years should Wrecks' extension be?

Rex already has a multi year deal. There's guaranteed money in 2015.

An awful lot of Jets fans assume Woody will open his wallet and buy out Rex. That's a very un-Woody like thing to do. 

Rex already has a multi year deal. There's guaranteed money in 2015.

An awful lot of Jets fans assume Woody will open his wallet and buy out Rex. That's a very un-Woody like thing to do. 

I just don't buy into this Woody is cheap thing I keep hearing.   It seems to me that everytime Mike T asked Woody to open his wallet up, out came the money.   In a lot of cases way to much 

Talent evaluation by John Idzik? Let's take a look: Drafted Geno Smith over Mike Glennon Drafted Brian Winters to start at Left Guard Drafted Calvin Pryor over Haha Clinton-Dix and Brandin Cooks Signed Mike Goodson Signed D'Mitri Patterson Signed Jacoby Ford Signed David Garrard Signs 33 year old Mike Vick to a $5million deal but won't resign Antonio Cromartie or another WR when plenty were available Drafts Jalen Saunders in the 4th rd Drafts Dee Milliner who is never healthy, then relies on Milliner to be our #1 cover corner Gives a multi-year extension to Jeff Cumberland when nobody else wants him and he sucks The only good moves Idzik has made have Rex written all over them (Sheldon Richardson, Damon Harrison, Jason Babin) - and Rex is gone after this season.

Drafted Brian Winters to start at Left Guard  

Keenan Allen was on the board. But who needs that guy when Brian Winters is available. A player so awesome they drafted 2 other guards in the same draft, and another one this year who doesn't dress.

Worse that 2 years ago?  Lol, no.

Woody "hates the fans", and does so by being cheap?  Lol, no.

And I though JI was full of bags of crazy.......

What's your theory, that Woody is trying to win games by spending 30 million dollars less than everyone else? 

What's your theory, that Woody is trying to win games by spending 30 million dollars less than everyone else?

The theory is that the money will roll over and young guys like Wilkerson will get extensions without putting so much strain on the future cap.

Honestly, I am, for the most part, a cap idiot and I know this. It's not that hard to grasp.

Hey maybe we can start signing free agents in the year 2040. In the meantime you guys can pay through the nose for PSL's.

we will spend big in 2015 FA. question is do we bundle a few picks with our high 1st rounder to get Mariota. I think thats  a discussion in War room as we speak.

Archived