old school hip hop heads

JOJOTOWNSELL

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did they. Why the **** did I pre-order it then? **** it. They can have my money.

I did the same, waiting on my shirt! Can't wait. The more I listen this may give the first one a run for it's money.

Or Jewels. 

No mentions of Masta Ace or Boot Camp?

You guys stink.

And Camp Lo's album's probably the most underrated rap album ever. I know my sh*t homies.

At the end of the day, nothing will compare to Ready to Die. Biggie was loved and hated simultaneously by all the underground and mainstream dudes.

You guys stink.

And Camp Lo's album's probably the most underrated rap album ever. I know my sh*t homies.

At the end of the day, nothing will compare to Ready to Die. Biggie was loved and hated simultaneously by all the underground and mainstream dudes.

http://ambrosiaforheads.com/2014/10/finding-the-goat-busta-rhymes-vs-inspectah-deck-who-you-got/

Busta Rhymes vs Inspectah Deck

Tough one but i give the nod to Busta based on longevity alone......Dudes been making hits since late 80's......and I'm from Staten Island so you know this was a tough one for me

"what we gonna do in '92? cuz you know we had fun in '91"

You guys stink.

Love that album....top 10 list 

And speaking of most underrated albums ever....

220px-For_All_Seasons.jpg

http://ambrosiaforheads.com/2014/10/finding-the-goat-busta-rhymes-vs-inspectah-deck-who-you-got/

Busta Rhymes vs Inspectah Deck

Tough one but i give the nod to Busta based on longevity alone......Dudes been making hits since late 80's......and I'm from Staten Island so you know this was a tough one for me

"what we gonna do in '92? cuz you know we had fun in '91"

INS all/err.

Mike's verse Lie Cheat Steal = apocalypse.

One of my favorites on the album. 

Lol, even AZ and Dre apologized for that LP. Terrible album. Don't know what those guys were thinking.

I believe everyone apologized for that album, the word classic get thrown around too much in hiphop IMO, but it's music.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Didn't even see someone brought Jedi Mind up. Talk about perpetually underrated. I think I'd put that track they did about Vietnam up on my all-time list.

Now I gotta listen to Servants at the gym later. Well played sir.

I just read through this thread for the first time, and am dumbfounded at the fact that it took 91 posts for someone to mention Jedi Mind Tricks. 

I enjoy pop rap like eminem's stuff pre '07, nas, kanye, pusha T, tupac, biggie, so I'm not a hip hop head like some of you...but Jedi Mind Tricks was one of my favorites growing up. I'm pretty sure that back then, they had incredible underground cred, which is why I find it hard to believe it took so long for someone to mention them in this type of thread.

I'd like to thank this thread for introducing me to Run the Jewels.

I'm kind of an old school hip-hop/rap guy and dont really dabble in the new stuff, I'm familiar with Killer Mike but never heard of them till this thread...those dudes are bad to the bone.

Thanks!

I just read through this thread for the first time, and am dumbfounded at the fact that it took 91 posts for someone to mention Jedi Mind Tricks. 

I enjoy pop rap like eminem's stuff pre '07, nas, kanye, pusha T, tupac, biggie, so I'm not a hip hop head like some of you...but Jedi Mind Tricks was one of my favorites growing up. I'm pretty sure that back then, they had incredible underground cred, which is why I find it hard to believe it took so long for someone to mention them in this type of thread.

I remember first hearing about them in the early 2000s. A buddy of mine knew I was a big Wu-Tang fan so he gave me a burnt CD (remember those?) of Violent By Design. My mind was just blown. Vinnie Paz has been one of the most consistent dudes, and I've always found it interesting how he keeps the circle of emcees that he works with very select.

Also one of the coolest group names ever.

• 4 weeks later...

agreed although Biggie's best song is Kick in the door from LAD.

that's a top 5 DJ Premier beat ever...kinda wish Jeru got it instead.

Gimme the Loot is the greatest Biggie song ever.

"I'm slamming n's like Shaquille, sh*t is real, when it's time to eat a meal, I rob and steal...Bruised up, from the pistol whippin  welts on the neck from the necklace strippin, so go get your man b*tch he can get robbed too tell him Biggie's coming what the f*ck's he gonna do...Word to mother, I'm dangerous, crazier than a bag of f*cking angel dust, when I bust my gat mother*ckers take dirt naps I'm all that and a dime of snacks where da paper at?"

greatest collection of mc's on one mic ever

Eh, they had a lot of great songs in the 90's and they had a hot streak for almost 10 years of one great album after another but I heard Wu-Tang Clan was terrible in live performance.  RZA was a phenonmenal music producer - still is he scored both Kill Bill movies for Quentin Tarantino.

Eh, they had a lot of great songs in the 90's and they had a hot streak for almost 10 years of one great album after another but I heard Wu-Tang Clan was terrible in live performance.  RZA was a phenonmenal music producer - still is he scored both Kill Bill movies for Quentin Tarantino.

this video has way more than wu tang on it

yoyo

mc lyte

naughty by nature

tribe called quest

fu shnickens

cl smooth

guru

das efx

wu tang

krs one

mad lion

greatest cypher ever

This. Best group ever, absolute sh*t live. They're notorious for keeping audiences waiting forever (which I've experienced several times) and when they finally do hit the stage you're lucky if more than 3/4 of them are there. They sound like ass every time too.

Funnily enough, as solo emcees they are all great live. Ghost is one of the best live emcees ever, (a true performer, puts a lot of work into his shows) and Rae is hilarious. Saw him last year when he was doing a few performances of the purple tape and he brought the house down. Meth is still all energy, and INS is still beastly. They just can't ever seem to bring it together on stage, at least since the Forever days. 

This. Best group ever, absolute sh*t live. They're notorious for keeping audiences waiting forever (which I've experienced several times) and when they finally do hit the stage you're lucky if more than 3/4 of them are there. They sound like ass every time too.

Funnily enough, as solo emcees they are all great live. Ghost is one of the best live emcees ever, (a true performer, puts a lot of work into his shows) and Rae is hilarious. Saw him last year when he was doing a few performances of the purple tape and he brought the house down. Meth is still all energy, and INS is still beastly. They just can't ever seem to bring it together on stage, at least since the Forever days. 

Yeah the Wu-Tang Clan was a train wreck in concert.  I can see Ghostface Killer being a great solo live performer that guy was a actually the most talented of all of them besides Rza - I'm surprised he didn't keep going his style even goes well with today's cookie cutter Girl Rap like Kanye West.

I prank called Cappadonna when he was on the outs with the group and working as a Cab Driver in Baltimore.

Archived