Man, I still miss him...#88

DonCorleone

"Al Toon is not walking through that door, fans. Wesley Walker is not walking through that door, and Freeman Mcneil is not walking through that door. And if you expect them to walk through that door, they're going to be gray and old. What we are is young, exciting, hard-working, and we're going to improve. People don't realize that, and as soon as they realize those three guys are not coming through that door, the better this town will be for all of us because there are young guys in that (locker) room playing their **** off. I wish we had $90 million under the salary cap. I wish we could buy the world. We can't; the only thing we can do is work hard, and all the negativity that's in this town sucks. I've been around when Mike Piazza was booed. I've been around when Mattingly was booed. And it stinks. It makes the greatest town, greatest city in the world, lousy. The only thing that will turn this around is being upbeat and positive like we are in that locker room... and if you think I'm going to succumb to negativity, you're wrong. You've got the wrong guy leading this team"

best WR this team ever had other than Don Maynard too bad his career was shortend by concussions :(  I actually remember his first catch over the middle he was fearless and right there with Jerry Rice IMHO since they were both drafted at the same time from what I remember. Rice took off and Toon got hurt sad

best WR this team ever had other than Don Maynard too bad his career was shortend by concussions :(  I actually remember his first catch over the middle he was fearless and right there with Jerry Rice IMHO since they were both drafted at the same time from what I remember. Rice took off and Toon got hurt sad

I completely agree.

"Al Toon is not walking through that door, fans. Wesley Walker is not walking through that door, and Freeman Mcneil is not walking through that door. And if you expect them to walk through that door, they're going to be gray and old. What we are is young, exciting, hard-working, and we're going to improve. People don't realize that, and as soon as they realize those three guys are not coming through that door, the better this town will be for all of us because there are young guys in that (locker) room playing their **** off. I wish we had $90 million under the salary cap. I wish we could buy the world. We can't; the only thing we can do is work hard, and all the negativity that's in this town sucks. I've been around when Mike Piazza was booed. I've been around when Mattingly was booed. And it stinks. It makes the greatest town, greatest city in the world, lousy. The only thing that will turn this around is being upbeat and positive like we are in that locker room... and if you think I'm going to succumb to negativity, you're wrong. You've got the wrong guy leading this team"

?

It may not have been superbowl ring but boy...when he made a catch and the stadium would break into the Tooooooooooooooooonnnn chant...what else is there to football?

Some of my favorite days as a Jets fan..... In the stands with my father, wearing my Toon jersey with the stadium synchronously chanting Toon, it was awesome!

Some of my favorite days as a Jets fan..... In the stands with my father, wearing my Toon jersey with the stadium synchronously chanting Toon, it was awesome!

i was like 10 years old and the first time i thought they were booing him....... BOOOOOOOOOOO and TOOOOOOON sound very similar

also i remember feeling so bad for Joe Walton.........80,000 maniacs screaming "JOE MUST GO!" 

i was like 10 years old and the first time i thought they were booing him....... BOOOOOOOOOOO and TOOOOOOON sound very similar

also i remember feeling so bad for Joe Walton.........80,000 maniacs screaming "JOE MUST GO!" 

How about when Walton would get caught picking his nose on camera? I remember chants in our section, pick your nose Joe, pick your nose.......

I miss those days.

Nice thread to take our minds off of our current mess

our current mess doesn't upset me like other Jets debacles have it just seriously pisses me off. This team has never been one to leave so much on the table and be frugal with FA's then sign players like Chris Johnson that are basically done

our current mess doesn't upset me like other Jets debacles have it just seriously pisses me off. This team has never been one to leave so much on the table and be frugal with FA's then sign players like Chris Johnson that are basically done

Everyone thinks Woody is being frugal. He may be, but I tend to think it is more about Idzik thinking he is smarter than the rest of the NFL. I tend to think he is a dip sh!t, but he thinks he knows better. Then again, we are talking about someone who has basically put his GM career in Geno Smith's hands, with literally no backup plan.

Archived