Optimistic POV Denver?

Section 333

Since I am normally the foolish optimist but yet feel we have zero chance tomorrow, Id like to hear from anyone who thinks we have a shot.

Since most threads all week aren't about the game, (since we mostly don't think it will be much of a game,) I thought Id try to start a positive thread (even though I myself am not positive)

Is there anyone who is somewhat positive about this matchup, and if so, what type of scenarios do you see happening that make you feel that way?

And please, no plane crash, hotel fire, or end of the world type scenarios.

The best we can hope for is to cover the spread and cost that douche Mayweather $11mm in the process. The thought of winning this game is a fantasy.

317gu8p.jpg

Could you pick an original avatar. You're making me think bp is an a$$hole when he isn't.

Could you pick an original avatar. You're making me think bp is an a$$hole when he isn't.

If you can find me a better avatar of Wrecks looking like a buffoon or a clown, I will consider changing it; otherwise, this one stays.

Also, there was nothing "a$$hole"[ish] about my post. Just apologize, acknowledge the wittiness it took to superimpose the Jets logo onto a dumpster fire, and move on.

The NFL programming dept realizing TV ratings in NY are about to collapse instruct referees to swing game to Jets favor. Broncos OL called on non stop holdings against pissed off Jets front 7. Jets O benefits from 2-3 timely interference calls scores 1TD, kicks 5 FG's including the winning 58 yarder. Jets 22 Broncos 21. This is a referees league after all.

The NFL programming dept realizing TV ratings in NY are about to collapse instruct referees to swing game to Jets favor. Broncos OL called on non stop holdings against pissed off Jets front 7. Jets O benefits from 2-3 timely interference calls scores 1TD, kicks 5 FG's including the winning 58 yarder. Jets 22 Broncos 21. This is a referees league after all.

the Jets have gotten no calls for 5 weeks why would they screw Peyton Manning in favor of the Jets?   The refs are usually neutral in this league, in the sense that they do give makeup calls when they know they screwed up. 

Honestly I've gone over this game alot, it's an important one for my various picks leagues. 

But so just to play devils advocate. to win this game the Jets have to:

-get lucky in that Denver over looks them and doesn't show up

-run the football, well, all game 

-get off the field on 3rd and long (coverage, cause the ball will be out in 2 seconds)

-win the turnover battle (somehow get an int or fumble, an unforced error by DEN) 

-find a passing attack /not make dumb mistakes when they are on offense 

and after all that score at least 25-30 points. 

it's a ton to ask.

There's very few realistic scenarios where they cover let alone win. Even if Manning somehow misses the game, Osweiler is actually a better NFL QB than Geno. They have a stacked roster.

This is not your usual Jets team that gets embarrassed and covers. They are going to get smoked cause they are playing with the cheapest roster in football. There's no substitute for talent. 

I guess the. Broncos plane could crash on the way to Jersey?

Since I am normally the foolish optimist but yet feel we have zero chance tomorrow, Id like to hear from anyone who thinks we have a shot.

Since most threads all week aren't about the game, (since we mostly don't think it will be much of a game,) I thought Id try to start a positive thread (even though I myself am not positive)

Is there anyone who is somewhat positive about this matchup, and if so, what type of scenarios do you see happening that make you feel that way?

And please, no plane crash, hotel fire, or end of the world type scenarios.

CMON MAN!!!!!!!

Here is the thing. We don't need the refs to favor us on the field. We only need the refs to call the game fairly. That's all our Front 7 needs. Not being held on every damn play. I think we can win this.

But not going to happen. We are still too close to Goodell's Kraft's Pats.

We have a lot of money in a D line and some powerful performers therein. Should Manning get knocked out of the game (and I'm not saying I'm hoping for that) we'd have a hell of a lot better chance than we do as I type this.

Here's some confidence

1: Peyton's worst career losses have been in Metlife

2: This is Denver's 2nd road game this season. They were stacked up on home games. So whatever you think they are based on this season, which isn't all that impressive over all, they're not even that, because that was at home.

3: This isn't 2013. Broncos aren't as good as you think they are as long as you don't let their receivers get 70 yards after the catch for the touchdown. Peyton doesn't throw bombs over baghdad. If you can tackle, you can make him take, as the Patriots D used to say, `the long hard road.` Teams that get wasted by Denver are teams that can't tackle.

4: You're not as bad as the taste in your mouth from last weeks game. You've had close games with good teams.

5: Peyton looks great when his WR's are doing all the work. Make him do all the work instead, and he'll wilt like he always does.

Archived