Pryor - BUST!?

aec4

We could have had a pretty good corner in that position too.  While we didn't have the best safeties in the league, we were OK there, but we drafted another.  I thought Pryor would be OK, but he looks awful in coverage and he's always late to the party.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's almost no such thing as waiting for guys to develop anymore. If they don't show something early, they wind up being awful football players 90 pct of the time.

There are probably still people on this board that are preaching patience on gholston, ducasse, Wilson, Sanchez, hill, milliner...

Anyone with a pair of eyes was able to see that none of these guys had the goods within a month of watching them play.

Pryor, playing a position that relies on instinct, has shown thus far that he has NONE. He's not a good player, and i don't have to wait 3-4 years to figure that out.

I thought it was a bad pick. I tried to convince myself he would work out, but he has showed nothing. Don't care for the way izdik works. To me he went safety 1st over a corner to save money later. His mind just doesn't seem to be in the now

He's not going to be a bust, he just isn't going to be worth where he was selected.  He is what he looked like coming out.  Makes big hits, misses some tackles  because he is trying to kill the guy, takes bad angles, doesn't have many cover skills

He's not going to be a bust, he just isn't going to be worth where he was selected. He is what he looked like coming out. Makes big hits, misses some tackles because he is trying to kill the guy, takes bad angles, doesn't have many cover skills

Yes.

He's not going to be a bust, he just isn't going to be worth where he was selected.  He is what he looked like coming out.  Makes big hits, misses some tackles  because he is trying to kill the guy, takes bad angles, doesn't have many cover skills

Not being a player worthy of your draft position is the definition of bust.

I know you're trying to make a point but does not compute.

It does make sense. Next time if you want us to feel bad about our draft picks atleast provide an example of a team that is hitting all cylinders, not some team that supposed to have a top QB but is stuttering thru the season so far. They were taken to OT by the Bucs in their own crib.

Not being a player worthy of your draft position is the definition of bust.

No it's not.  Vernon Gholson is the definition of a bust.

Being a starter, but not playing up to your draft position means your GM is a bust.  He took the wrong player in the wrong spot.  If Pryor was the 28th pick in the draft, he's not a bust

So far thats what it looks like. But lets see how he is doing by end of the season.

It does make sense. Next time if you want us to feel bad about our draft picks atleast provide an example of a team that is hitting all cylinders, not some team that supposed to have a top QB but is stuttering thru the season so far. They were taken to OT by the Bucs in their own crib.

I'm not talking about the team, I'm talking about the player. Do you need a hug?

Bingo.  Not someone you pass on Brandin Cooks and Kelvin Benjamin for in the slightest.

No it's not.  Vernon Gholson is the definition of a bust.

Being a starter, but not playing up to your draft position means your GM is a bust.  He took the wrong player in the wrong spot.  If Pryor was the 28th pick in the draft, he's not a bust

With Fuller (the CB, I think that's his name) on the board along with Cooks, it was a bad pick.

Your last sentence is making my point for me.  Pryor as a 3rd rounder would be fine, but as a 1st rounder, he's not.

Come on the implication was Saints got the better player. This is trolling 101.

Lets wait and see. It would take more than 6 games for me call a pick a bust.

You're saying the Saints didn't get the better player based on their record. Hence does not compute via stuff like common sense. Not saying you're dumb, I think your smart. You're just not making sense here. *hugz

You're saying the Saints didn't get the better player based on their record. Hence does not compute via stuff like common sense. Not saying you're dumb, I think your smart. You're just not making sense here. *hugz

You are the smartest person to me on these boards.

You are trying to troll with the Bradin Cooks vid. I am saying if you are going to troll and make us feel bad atleast give us something from a team that has got atleast winning record that we can envy. I dont care what a stuttering team did in their off season.

With Fuller (the CB, I think that's his name) on the board along with Cooks, it was a bad pick.

Your last sentence is making my point for me.  Pryor as a 3rd rounder would be fine, but as a 1st rounder, he's not.

As a late first rounder, early second, he'd be fine.  As an early pick, it's on the GM.  He's playing at the level  he was expected to

Archived