Pryor - BUST!?

aec4

preach. I'm excited to see if Dee Milliner looks as improved under Bowles when he comes back. 

In five of his last six NFL games Milliner was excellent.  The lone exception being his first game back last year against GB who tends to make the occasion CB look bad.  In the blowout loss in SD he was fantastic and got hurt the following week.  This of course after the strong finish to year one.

I have no questions about Milliner's ability based on his on-field play, but  now it's just about staying healthy.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

preach. I'm excited to see if Dee Milliner looks as improved under Bowles when he comes back. 

If Milliner comes back and plays at a high level this secondary is going to be insane. Dee Milliner, 4th CB. Throw at your 5th target if you have the time. Oh except the Jets will have a guy covering him that started last year, lol. Quite the turn around.

Pryor is looking decent and improving each game it seems.  Villains comment about coaches is something that has been understated our group of assistants under rex have mostly been horrific.  When I head that Rex was bringing in almost all of his buddy assistants Buffalos fate was sealed.

Pryor is still missing his share of tackles, but he's obviously making the occasional play as we hoped he would at SS.

Pryor is still missing his share of tackles, but he's obviously making the occasional play as we hoped he would at SS.

Philip Rivers just passed for 500 yards the other day and Andy Dalton is on pace for 4,700 yards. This isn't 1980's football. The game is far more wide open and the WRs are bigger and faster. EVERY safety misses tackles and gets beat. 

Pryor is looking decent and improving each game it seems.  Villains comment about coaches is something that has been understated our group of assistants under rex have mostly been horrific.  When I head that Rex was bringing in almost all of his buddy assistants Buffalos fate was sealed.

I agree. Alot of my thoughts on Geno stems from the horrific coaching staff that we had. It has nothing to do with Fitz and his performance (so this wont spiral into a comparison thread, Fitzpatrick is playing solid). Bowles coaching staff has shown a level of competency we havent seen since Parcells. This group knows what its doing and it shows. 

Just look at the half time adjustments. I will forever say it, I dont think Idziks drafting was as bad as it looked on the field with that group of coaches. Not saying that Idzik was worthy of staying or that his overall drafting wasnt "bad", im just saying that Rex and his philosophy really exacerbated the level of failure with this incompetency which stunted the performance of drafted players that were actually pretty good. 

We already hear the Bills defensive players expressing their concern. Why am I not surprised? 

If Milliner comes back and plays at a high level this secondary is going to be insane. Dee Milliner, 4th CB. Throw at your 5th target if you have the time. Oh except the Jets will have a guy covering him that started last year, lol. Quite the turn around.

Match that with the fact that Cromartie has really tightened things up from early on in the season. Outside of a TD that he gave up in the MIA game and giving too much cushion to a TE on one play in the Redskins game, Cro has been on top of things. 

This DB group could be "Mets" level amazing! 

You have a point here, his missed tackles are still coming from some bad angles. I think he still doesnt correctly anticipate the speed of the NFL. WIth that said, Pryor had a good game against the Redskins, and the very thing I point out he did very well in when it came to taking the right angles and finishing plays off. 

Whats great is that Pryor is showing that he has the talent and the skillset to continue improving in order to be a consistent player, something that under the Rex regime we seen none of. 

I wouldnt be surprised if Milliner ends up being a STUD! This cornerback group is just stupid deep. 

Pryor has surely played better under Bowles, not sure he will ever be very good, he still makes many errors and is not great in coverage

I have a feeling Dee will be traded to ravens for a 3rd rd pick, ravens are decimated at cb and ozzie may pull trigger

With many of those coaches residing now in Buffalo!!!

He has been playing better. Will be interested to see what his ceiling is. Still pretty high for a safety on a team with so many other needs at the time. Rex and his coaching staff are horrible - but so was Idzik.

Pryor has surely played better under Bowles, not sure he will ever be very good, he still makes many errors and is not great in coverage

I have a feeling Dee will be traded to ravens for a 3rd rd pick, ravens are decimated at cb and ozzie may pull trigger

I guess this is fair, however, I consider this his rookie season. this is the first season that he actually plays the position he's fit for. From that perspective, I see promise. 

• 2 weeks later...

With a year and some days after your statement above, what do you think today? 

I think that we had the worst group of coaches ever. 

I feel the same.  Fortunately our coaches know how to get use out of ok talent.  I still don't think he's special or a mid first rounder.  At least we are getting good use out of him thought.  He's serviceable now 

My buddy who was at the Pats vs Jets game said Pryor stood out in the 1st half. Pats fans in his section were like, "who is this #25, he's all over the place". It sucks because injuries are derailing our young guys. Pryor, Milliner & McDougle have had to deal with injuries, obviously Milliner & McDougle dealing with serious ones.

We have people here saying Milliner can't play, I don't agree, I think he can play, he's just made out of glass. But if he can just get going & stay healthy, he'd be a perfect matchup to check Lafell at MetLife. Like someone else said, if Pryor continues to improve, and somehow Milliner comes back strong, plus McDougle is learning each game, no one has the secondary depth the Jets have. If you look at the Patriots, imagine Butler goes down? Or the lose McCourty? They could be in deep sh*t for a Super Bowl.

I feel the same.  Fortunately our coaches know how to get use out of ok talent.  I still don't think he's special or a mid first rounder.  At least we are getting good use out of him thought.  He's serviceable now 

I agree with you. Calvin Pryor isnt a special talent, whether instinctual or athletically. What I do see though is that he's good enough for us not to say that the SS position is a glaring hole. He's adequate, which under rex he looked like a complete bust. Then again most of the guys under the old regime looked like complete busts if they didnt play on the defensive line. 

Philip Rivers just passed for 500 yards the other day and Andy Dalton is on pace for 4,700 yards. This isn't 1980's football. The game is far more wide open and the WRs are bigger and faster. EVERY safety misses tackles and gets beat. 

Why not just say he misses too many tackles rather than blaming poor fundamentals on the evolution of the passing game?  He misses more than most, but the Jets can live with it if he makes a play from time to time which he's doing.

Why not just say he misses too many tackles rather than blaming poor fundamentals on the evolution of the passing game?  He misses more than most, but the Jets can live with it if he makes a play from time to time which he's doing.

Because he hasn't been missing too many tackles?  Hes been making plays, making most of his tackles and is playing well.  He clearly doesnt miss more than most but if those that hate him keep saying it they feel like its true.  

Because he hasn't been missing too many tackles?  Hes been making plays, making most of his tackles and is playing well.  He clearly doesnt miss more than most but if those that hate him keep saying it they feel like its true.  

He's been missing plenty, but when you're winning, nobody notices.

Archived