The NFL cover-up that started it all

Gen X Jet

Suddenly lacks of words. Now GFY!

No, it's just ridiculous that you can call the Patriots "cheaters" but can't even explain why. You just say "use your common sense" instead of simply explaining the process you think the Patriot sideline and booths were going through during games between the play clock.

It's just funny.

The Patroits never broke any GAME rules. It was a violation of league rules. There is a pretty significant difference.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, it's just ridiculous that you can call the Patriots "cheaters" but can't even explain why. You just say "use your common sense" instead of simply explaining the process you think the Patriot sideline and booths were going through during games between the play clock.

It's just funny.

The Patroits never broke any GAME rules. It was a violation of league rules. There is a pretty significant difference.

You are a born douchebag. So you do not have to try extra hard in that department.

Now all thru this you sound so hollow. Its like even you want to convince yourself that the Pats Championships were not tainted.

You could try somethings like repeat it 100 times in a row very quickly that the Pats did not cheat. You could whisper that to yourself every waking hour of the day or even holler in the middle of the town square. Whatever helps you convince yourself. But whatever option you choose to convince yourself, one thing you have to do as a prerequisite. You need to get your head out of your ass.

The Pats cheated, got away with it, and it helped them win super bowls.  And the NFL covered it up and destroyed the tapes.  Nobody destroys tapes unless they are hiding something.  It really is that simple.    But the Pats have been to multiple super bowls since, been to many AFC Championship games and won plenty of division titles.   So yeah they haven't won a super bowl since, but it's not like Peyton Manning has won 10 super bowls since 2004 or Aaron Rodgers wins every year either.     

It is what it is, but it is odd that people ignore the fact Mangini was a part of the cheating Patriot organization and people welcomed him with open arms in NY when he became HC.

Clemmens, Pettite, Posada, A-Rod....to name a few....but the question should be - how many pro athletes do not use PED's?

I have not kept up with all the info on these scandals.

OP was talking about the late 90's the championships that Yankees won. They won in 1996, 98, 99. And Pettite did not do drugs then. He only did in Houston IIRC in 2004/5. Neither did Posada. They both were part of the Core 4 and made their debuts in the 1995/96 and did not do drugs in the late 90's.

IIRC Clemens also think did not do drugs in the late 90s. He just came to Yankees to get a Championship because he could not get one in Boston. SO he signed up with the Yankees after a two year stint with the Blue Jays.

A-Rod was not on the team in the late 90's.

So yeah those late 90's championships teams were clean.

Oh, New York. Sweet, sweet New York. You are one marvelous town, you know that? You’ve got culture, restaurants, hustle, bustle, Broadway, sports, parks — you’ve got everything, and it’s delightful.

But unfortunately you also have the New York Post, and with it, legions of angry, bitter and misguided Jets fans.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2014/10/13/new-york-reporter-drums-up-spygate-in-anticipation-of-jets-patriots-game/

You know, we've been accused of a lot of things here on Jet Nation. But what's funny is that for all the cries of "delusional" and for all the times we've been told to  "take off the green-colored glasses," nothing, not one thing ever said by any Jets fan comes close to the delusional homerism displayed by the Pats fans on this site whenever the Pats propensity for cheating is discussed. 

Can any of you ******* people read? 

Do any of you have to capacity to employ logic in your thought processes?

My favorite is this - Pats fans love to tell you how incredibly awesome a coach Bill Belichick is and how much he knows about football and how he's forgotten more about football than any Jets coach will ever know, yet none of them can give you a logical explanation as to why this football "genius" continued to do this for close to a decade in spite of their claim that it "didn't really help him all that much." So suddenly, when it comes to filming other coaches signals, they now know more about football than their genius head coach. 

I would like one you sycophantic, mouth-breathing sh*t zippers to answer this one question for me: What possible sense does it make for Bill Belichick to have filmed other coaches' signals for close to a decade, which by his own admission he did, if "it didn't help him all that much?"

I eagerly await your response. 

So strange...so much the Pats were doing to cheat that I'd forgotten how elaborate it was.  I'd read that quote from Flutie years ago when he talked about being able to hear transmissions right up until the snap but I'd honestly forgotten about it. 

You know, we've been accused of a lot of things here on Jet Nation. But what's funny is that for all the cries of "delusional" and for all the times we've been told to  "take off the green-colored glasses," nothing, not one thing ever said by any Jets fan comes close to the delusional homerism displayed by the Pats fans on this site whenever the Pats propensity for cheating is discussed. 

My favorite is this - Pats fans love to tell you how incredibly awesome a coach Bill Belichick is and how much he knows about football and how he's forgotten more about football than any Jets coach will ever know, yet none of them can give you a logical explanation as to why this football "genius" continued to do this for close to a decade in spite of their claim that it "didn't really help him all that much." So suddenly, when it comes to filming other coaches signals, they now know more about football than their genius head coach. 

I would like one you sycophantic, mouth-breathing sh*t zippers to answer this one question for me: What possible sense does it make for Bill Belichick to have filmed other coaches' signals for close to a decade, which by his own admission he did, if "it didn't help him all that much?"

An hour and twenty minutes later and no answer from a Chowd. 

What a ****in' stunner. 

An hour and twenty minutes later and no answer from a Chowd. 

What a ****in' stunner. 

This is a major point - BB NEVER would waste his time and energy on something meaningless. It gave them an edge - they found a way. It's unfortunate. The fact that they destroyed tapes and paper evidence(which was never seen by reporters) only opens the seriousness to further conjecture which only made things worse. They should have had an independent review and come clean. Instead the shroud of secrecy only magnifies (justifiably so) the potential seriousness of their actions whether they be true or not. Big mistake - if I were the Patriots and there was nothing to see i would have demanded a "fair" trial and make the evidence public to clear their name. Didn't happen. Guilty.

From NYT in 2008:

In the meeting with Specter on Wednesday, and when addressing reporters afterward, Goodell said that the notes dated to 2002. The reason that there were so few tapes, presumably, was because others had been previously discarded or recorded over. The materials were destroyed in Foxborough, Mass., where the Patriots are based, by two league vice presidents, Jeff Pash and Ray Anderson.

They were never brought back to NFL headquarters for formal review.

Still waiting.....

If I was a mod, I would start banning a Chowd an hour until I got an acceptable answer. 

We'd be down six of those pricks already.

:animal0028:  :character0053:

Again, as one who loves to portray themselves as someone who possesses superior football knowledge why can't you answer this question? If taping other teams' coaches sending in signals didn't help the Pats win, why the **** would Belichick do it for so long? He admitted doing it. What was the reason if he gained no advantage from it?

You are the self-professed football expert. Please educate us lowly Jets fans. 

Still waiting for one of you frittatas to answer the ******* question. 

It's been a day. A day in a week where the Jets are playing the Past so I know you ****ers are on here. 

Your silence speaks volumes. You can't answer this question because even attempting to do so would be to admit the uncomfortable truth to yourselves - THE PATS ARE FRAUD. BELICHICK IS A FRAUD. BRADY IS A FRAUD.

Archived