Teflon Rex

GangGreen25

Obviously there is plenty of blame to go around here. I am all for people being frustrated with and even calling for the ouster of Idzik.  I would say its even reasonable to defend Rex, and feel like he has been given a raw deal.  But the number of people within the fan base who still think Rex is this great HC and exceptional leader of men I find mind boggling.  I mean I read some posts last night that sounded like we risk loosing the next Vince Lombardi if we fire Rex.  Some saying the best coach in Jets history.  The guy is 15-23 in the last 2 plus years.  He has lost this team twice, once at the end of 2012 and again this year.  Would anyone have traded for the Raiders roster at the beginning of the year?  Yet they go out and take the Chargers all the way to the end, almost winning, with an interim head coach.  One person suggested when we fire Rex, and make no mistake he is done, that he will have GMs fighting over him for a HC opportunity.  Is it me or is that ridiculous.  I mean of you consider the entire body of wok, is Rex like John Fox?  Yes the schedule has been tough, but come on Detroit and Chicago are average at best.  We were offered a glimmer of hop at home against Detroit, but 17-3 at half and were basically dominated for 2 quarters.  By Detroit???  The Jets are just not very prepared to play.  Losing a team is about as big a sin for a head football coach.  And we've been down that road twice with Rex.  Its time to face reality Rex fans.   He's just not as good as you want him to be.

He's coaching one of, if not, the worst roster in the NFL.  It's a passing league and he has the worst QB, worst WR's, and worst secondary in the NFL and a not so good pass blocking OL.

I like how the Raiders, a team the Jets beat, fighting hard to the end vs. the Chargers (something I thought the Jets did yesterday vs. the Broncos) means something about Rex.  It means nothing. 

Rex will be fired.  The Jets will have a new head coach at seasons end.  Relax.  You'll have someone else to bitch about soon enough.

He's coaching one of, if not, the worst roster in the NFL. It's a passing league and he has the worst QB, worst WR's, and worst secondary in the NFL and a not so good pass blocking OL.

I like how the Raiders, a team the Jets beat, fighting hard to the end vs. the Chargers (something I thought the Jets did yesterday vs. the Broncos) means something about Rex. It means nothing.

Rex will be fired. The Jets will have a new head coach at seasons end. Relax. You'll have someone else to bitch about soon enough.

Rex sucks.

He's coaching one of, if not, the worst roster in the NFL.  It's a passing league and he has the worst QB, worst WR's, and worst secondary in the NFL and a not so good pass blocking OL.

I like how the Raiders, a team the Jets beat, fighting hard to the end vs. the Chargers (something I thought the Jets did yesterday vs. the Broncos) means something about Rex.  It means nothing. 

Rex will be fired.  The Jets will have a new head coach at seasons end.  Relax.  You'll have someone else to bitch about soon enough.

He has the team he helped build over 6 years.

He is a mediocre in-game coach. He is clumsy with the clock, challenges, adjustments, and many other in-game decisions, like playing a prevent style defense to sit on a lead against elite QBs. His defense can't create turnovers, no matter how many 1st round picks play on it. He consistently loses games he has extra time to plan for. To top it off, he disregards the offense in just about every detrimental way possible, and only involves himself in it enough to instill his complete distrust in it, which is fundamentally jarring and frankly the polar opposite of all that "master motivator" crap that you slurp up.

The guy is fantastically awful. He's an extremely likable dude, and you can tell by the fact that most people that complain about him, usually phrase it this way: "I love Rex, but ...."

The lack of talent on this roster is not an excuse for Rex, it is an indictment of him. He was basically afforded a Parcells-like level of influence while Tannenbaum was here. Dictating much of what this team did from a personnel standpoint. It seems as if he still carries a lot of weight with Idzik.

So, he's not a good game coach, he's not a good organizational coach, and he's not a good personnel acquisition and development coach. 

What the **** are we supposed to regret when he's gone?

You've really shown a proclivity for being one of those "I want change, but I'm afraid of the unknown commodity" types.

He is a mediocre in-game coach. He is clumsy with the clock, challenges, adjustments, and many other in-game decisions, like playing a prevent style defense to sit on a lead against elite QBs. His defense can't create turnovers, no matter how many 1st round picks play on it. He consistently loses games he has extra time to plan for. To top it off, he disregards the offense in just about every detrimental way possible, and only involves himself in it enough to instill his complete distrust in it, which is fundamentally jarring and frankly the polar opposite of all that "master motivator" crap that you slurp up.

The guy is fantastically awful. He's an extremely likable dude, and you can tell by the fact that most people that complain about him, usually phrase it this way: "I love Rex, but ...."

The lack of talent on this roster is not an excuse for Rex, it is an indictment of him. He was basically afforded a Parcells-like level of influence while Tannenbaum was here. Dictating much of what this team did from a personnel standpoint. It seems as if he still carries a lot of weight with Idzik.

So, he's not a good game coach, he's not a good organizational coach, and he's not a good personnel acquisition and development coach. 

You've really shown a proclivity for being one of those "I want change, but I'm afraid of the unknown commodity" types.

And, he is now 43-43

tl;dr

I like this one better than the last one because I do this in front of the mirror before work every morning after my push ups and sit ups.  

The other wasn't animated, animated gifs are way better, and either way this is who I picture when you post. The other picture was when he was in college, if you've seen that episode you'll understand the level of insult.

The other wasn't animated, animated gifs are way better, and either way this is who I picture when you post. The other picture was when he was in college, if you've seen that episode you'll understand the level of insult.

I dont know the show.  But its a perfect portrayal of me.  I'm not insulted in the slightest. 

this plus 190890798098098908908-089-080-

Obviously there is plenty of blame to go around here. I am all for people being frustrated with and even calling for the ouster of Idzik.  I would say its even reasonable to defend Rex, and feel like he has been given a raw deal.  But the number of people within the fan base who still think Rex is this great HC and exceptional leader of men I find mind boggling.  I mean I read some posts last night that sounded like we risk loosing the next Vince Lombardi if we fire Rex.  Some saying the best coach in Jets history.  The guy is 15-23 in the last 2 plus years.  He has lost this team twice, once at the end of 2012 and again this year.  Would anyone have traded for the Raiders roster at the beginning of the year?  Yet they go out and take the Chargers all the way to the end, almost winning, with an interim head coach.  One person suggested when we fire Rex, and make no mistake he is done, that he will have GMs fighting over him for a HC opportunity.  Is it me or is that ridiculous.  I mean of you consider the entire body of wok, is Rex like John Fox?  Yes the schedule has been tough, but come on Detroit and Chicago are average at best.  We were offered a glimmer of hop at home against Detroit, but 17-3 at half and were basically dominated for 2 quarters.  By Detroit???  The Jets are just not very prepared to play.  Losing a team is about as big a sin for a head football coach.  And we've been down that road twice with Rex.  Its time to face reality Rex fans.   He's just not as good as you want him to be.

Big of you too judge him off of two seasons and to disregard the rest of his resume to argue against him as the best coach of the Jets.

Just curious, which loss do you attribute to all the nonsense you listed? Which game should the Jets off of their personnel do you think they should have won? You judge the job he's done off of wins he turned into losses, not by losing games you went into knowing they should lose.

was excited to see my post get some action and be labeled "HOT".  Imagine my disappointment, as I opened the thread to read the engaging and enlightening comments, only to find this ridiculousness.

I know how you feel.

I was pretty excited to come to the board and see another "Rex sucks, fire him" thread.

Big of you too judge him off of two seasons and to disregard the rest of his resume to argue against him as the best coach of the Jets.

Just curious, which loss do you attribute to all the nonsense you listed? Which game should the Jets off of their personnel do you think they should have won? You judge the job he's done off of wins he turned into losses, not by losing games you went into knowing they should lose.

Resume???  He got his shot as all coordinators do who made their bones.  Interesting the Ravens went outside the organization.  If you mean his first two years?  How long is that going to buy him time.  A good offensive line, good running game, real strong defensive personnel that was tailored made to his system.  He got the most out of them.  Am I missing something.  Do NFL coaches get to hang around for longer than three years when all of them have come with no playoffs. Down 17-3 against an average Lions team.  Don't show up for the Chargers.  This deserves another chance????  in pace to be one of the most penalized teams in Jets history.  That's not coaching.  Too many men on the field, not enough men on the field, timeouts because of play clock on punts, come on man its a joke. 

I know how you feel.

I was pretty excited to come to the board and see another "Rex sucks, fire him" thread.

That wasn't the theme.  It was not only do some defend Rex, their are those who literally think he is the greatest coach ever.  Literally. Read the post again.  Rex is getting fired, that's not debatable.  What's interesting to me is why it bothers so many.

That wasn't the theme.  It was not only do some defend Rex, their are those who literally think he is the greatest coach ever.  Literally. Read the post again.  Rex is getting fired, that's not debatable.  What's interesting to me is why it bothers so many.

Thats a very popular opinion.  Everyday I see someone post that.  So cray.

About challenges-other NFL teams have someone designated inn the booth to keep on eye on the replay and tell the HC in his heaset IMMEDIATELY when to challenge and when not to do so. It's a system, you have somneone you tyrust do the eyeballs test and you have a sensible outcome, and don't waste timeouts.

The Jets have no system in place. Ryan simply looks at the jumbotron and responds emotionally like any drunk in the stands. Timeouts are habiually wasted as another pointless challenge doesn't get overturned. This happens almost every week wihout fail. Ryan must have the worst percentage on challenges ever. And that goes along with timeouts gettingw used for total nonsense like slow substitutions, things Pop Warner coaches figure out about 5 minutes into Day 1.

Archived