Jets first rounders the past 20 years

JOJOTOWNSELL

in the past 20 years we have in the first round

drafted 2 wr's  (Keyshawn and Santana)......they had their best years with other teams because we didn't want to pay them

drafted ZERO running backs.....ground and pound baby!

drafted 3 TE's (Becht, Keller, Brady)......buncha winners

drafted 2 QB's (Pennington, Sanchez)......obviously the passing game isn't a priority

drafted 2 Offensive Lineman (Brick, Mangold)......doesnt really matter since we have no qb to protect...see above

BUT!!

drafted 9 defensive ends.....because sacks and such

drafted 1 kicker with our first pick of a draft (NUGENT)

This nightmare doesn't end until we start taking talent on the offensive side of the ball.......the next stud RB we take in round 1 will be our first........the next 6 foot something receiver we take will be the first since keyshawn........its not coaching, its right in front if our faces....no talent on offense

when was the last time we hired a head coach from the offensive side of the ball???

RICH KOTITE.......18 years ago

let that sink in.......18 years is half my life

is it a surprise that a team that only hires defensive coaches doesn't prioritize offense??

what a joke 

when was the last time we hired a head coach from the offensive side of the ball???

is it a surprise that a team that only hires defensive coaches doesn't prioritize offense??

what a joke

Herm wasn't really anything

and lets take it one step further......when was the last time we hired an established coach and not some BS, up and coming defensive coordinator??  Ill tell you when.....Bill Parcells....also the last time we had any success!  Im sick of us trying to be the smartest guys in the room and cultivating coaches.....we need a proven general for once!!

there are 3 constants when it comes to the Jets culture

1) don't hire known, successful coaches.....stick to "up and coming" coordinators

2) don't hire any head coach with experience on the offensive side of the ball

3) dont draft any offensive players in the first round to satiate said inexperienced, defensive minded head coaches

there are 3 constants when it comes to the Jets culture

1) don't hire known, successful coaches.....stick to "up and coming" coordinators

2) don't hire any head coach with experience on the offensive side of the ball

3) dont draft any offensive players in the first round to satiate said inexperienced, defensive minded head coaches

POTW

Harbaugh.  We need Harbaugh.  He's a hard ass.  He's a winner.  He has NFL experience.  

We need Harbaugh.

When was the last time the Jets made a move that you KNEW in your heart of hearts was the best thing they could possibly do and then they went and did it? Oh yea, that's right-it has yet to happen in the Woody Johnson Error yet. Which is why Dan Quinn will be the next Jets Head Coach and NOT Harbuagh or Gruden or Cowher...Dan Quinn Idzik's buddy boy from Seattle. It'll be another 4 years of suckitude

When was the last time the Jets made a move that you KNEW in your heart of hearts was the best thing they could possibly do and then they went and did it?

the only time i ever felt that "Same Old Jets" didn't exist was when they hired Parcells........he walked into the room and i knew everything was going to be allright

the only guys i would be happy with are Gruden, Harbaugh, Dungy or Cower.....i swear if they go with an unknown again i may hand my card in.  Its a joke at this point

whatever happened to russell carter ?  he was a first round pick when I was a rabid fan and I can't even remember if he played offense or defense

**** you.

Cornerback.  He had picks in both games during the '86 playoffs.  Good, but hurt.  I think the Raiders may have toyed with him at safety. They let him walk after the end of the sack exchange - Klecko failed his physical, Mehl retired, etc, etc. 

what a joke 

So u turned 44 today?

With all the picks on defense you'd think we wouldnt be on pace to have the least amount of interceptions in NFL history. The 0-16 Lions had 4 in their awesome season. That may be achievable.

Yeah, but we haven't drafted secondary since May. 

**** you.

Cornerback.  He had picks in both games during the '86 playoffs.  Good, but hurt.  I think the Raiders may have toyed with him at safety. They let him walk after the end of the sack exchange - Klecko failed his physical, Mehl retired, etc, etc. 

oh yeah

nope, no recall of that guy, lol

too much weed in the 90's I guess

• 11 months later...

in the past 20 years we have in the first round

drafted 2 wr's  (Keyshawn and Santana)......they had their best years with other teams because we didn't want to pay them

drafted ZERO running backs.....ground and pound baby!

drafted 3 TE's (Becht, Keller, Brady)......buncha winners

drafted 2 QB's (Pennington, Sanchez)......obviously the passing game isn't a priority

drafted 2 Offensive Lineman (Brick, Mangold)......doesnt really matter since we have no qb to protect...see above

BUT!!

drafted 9 defensive ends.....because sacks and such

drafted 1 kicker with our first pick of a draft (NUGENT)

This nightmare doesn't end until we start taking talent on the offensive side of the ball.......the next stud RB we take in round 1 will be our first........the next 6 foot something receiver we take will be the first since keyshawn........its not coaching, its right in front if our faces....no talent on offense

isn't it amazing what a little bit of talent on the offensive side of the ball does to our team......its nice to have some skill position players that are feared by defenses.......decker, Ivory, and marshall have changed the dynamic of this team......when was the last time we has a every week must start fantasy WR like Marshall?? it feels damn good!! GO JETS!

Archived