2014-2015 New York Knicks

Jetlife33

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still can't believe I actually had to worry about this trade happening today. This shouldn't even be a thing. It's like having to worry about an army of axe-wielding unicorns riding in to the arena on a caravan of camels. But oh yea, Dolan's been sober for 21 years...

Fun Fact: a group of camels can be called either a caravan, a flock or a train. So there's that. 

I still can't believe I actually had to worry about this trade happening today. This shouldn't even be a thing. It's like having to worry about an army of axe-wielding unicorns riding in to the arena on a caravan of camels. But oh yea, Dolan's been sober for 21 years...

Fun Fact: a group of camels can be called either a caravan, a flock or a train. So there's that. 

LOL

It is crazy that we had to worry about this.

Media folks like Isola are giving Riley kudos for the Dragic trade, but he gave up 2 1st rounders for a 29 yr old PG for a 7th seeded team under .500.

LOL

It is crazy that we had to worry about this.

Media folks like Isola are giving Riley kudos for the Dragic trade, but he gave up 2 1st rounders for a 29 yr old PG for a 7th seeded team under .500.

I actually like Dragic quite a bit, but for our team, right now, no wayyyy. It's not even just the money or players, it's the fact that doing anything to f*ck up the draft is just beyond idiotic.  I'll forgive the fact that it was even a conversation if they end up with Okafor or Townes, but it still has to be worrying the fact that this was a conversation amongst the people rebuilding our franchise.

I actually like Dragic quite a bit, but for our team, right now, no wayyyy. It's not even just the money or players, it's the fact that doing anything to f*ck up the draft is just beyond idiotic.  I'll forgive the fact that it was even a conversation if they end up with Okafor or Townes, but it still has to be worrying the fact that this was a conversation amongst the people rebuilding our franchise.

That's what concerned me as well.

But like I said, Jax has always been lucky and he lucked out here.  I want Dragic as well, but not now.  It's idiotic to consider it.

Maybe Jax is a little like Terry Francona with the Sawx.  He was so lucky that even his screw ups could not derail his teams.

So yeah, it happened. Confirmed. Talks were not in advanced stages yet and Phil was on the cusp of throwing in 2018 before Miami came knocking with two firsts.

Also loving the fact that we got more for Prigs than Shumpert and JR combined. Holy hell are we completely screwed. We've hired another Isiah.

So yeah, it happened. Confirmed. Talks were not in advanced stages yet and Phil was on the cusp of throwing in 2018 before Miami came knocking with two firsts.

Also loving the fact that we got more for Prigs than Shumpert and JR combined. Holy hell are we completely screwed. We've hired another Isiah.

What's also troubling is that that media (sans Chris Herring) is not taking Jax to task for this asinine attempt, but rather, are criticizing him not trading for Dragic.  Where is everyone's head in this?  Without the media there is no one to challenge Jax's thinking and decision making.

It's ridiculous.  BUT, again, Jax has always been lucky and he got bailed out by Riley, who traded two 1sts for a 29 yr old PG looking for max money on a team whose 2 stars are broken down (Speedy recovery to Bosh!).

Another Isiah?  At least Isiah could draft and we don't know if Jax can.  But, again, him being so lucky, a top 4 pick this year means his drafting ability won't be tested.

Can't wait until we land the first overall pick and trade it for eight second rounders.

Just imagine Radio City on June 25, 2015 (yes, I have the date on my calendar) and the Knicks have the top pick.

Silver:  "With the first pick in the NBA draft, the New York Knicks select Jahlil Okafor, Center, Duke University."

The place goes ballistic.  Okafor hugs his father, Chucky, dons a Knicks hat and comes on stage for pictures.  We can't hear anything because the place is going crazy with Okafor smiling, waving to the crowd, etc.

Sivler slips away and steps to the microphone.

Silver: "We have a trade ..."

And the place goes dead silent.

The Sixers gave away MCW for, I believe, nothing.

Oh. They got Isiah Thomas back.

No. Nope. No. The Sixers are not getting Isiah Thomas. He is a Celtic. The Sixers are tanking at extreme levels. What an embarrassment.

Watch the lakers and celtics get picks 1 and 2 anyway.

What's also troubling is that that media (sans Chris Herring) is not taking Jax to task for this asinine attempt, but rather, are criticizing him not trading for Dragic. Where is everyone's head in this? Without the media there is no one to challenge Jax's thinking and decision making.

It's ridiculous. BUT, again, Jax has always been lucky and he got bailed out by Riley, who traded two 1sts for a 29 yr old PG looking for max money on a team whose 2 stars are broken down (Speedy recovery to Bosh!).

Another Isiah? At least Isiah could draft and we don't know if Jax can. But, again, him being so lucky, a top 4 pick this year means his drafting ability won't be tested.

Yeah obviously that pat Riley guy is a crappy gm. How many rings does he have?

Yeah obviously that pat Riley guy is a crappy gm. How many rings does he have?

LOL. I never said he was a crappy GM. Dragic trade to the Heat, who are in the playoff hunt, makes more sense than the 10 win Knicks.

Its a smart move for Heat (although 2 1st rounders is steep) and an idiotic move for Knicks. Again, Riley saved NYK from Jax's stupidity. That said, the Dragic trade doesn't look so good if Bosh is out long term

LOL. I never said he was a crappy GM. Dragic trade to the Heat, who are in the playoff hunt, makes more sense than the 10 win Knicks.

Its a smart move for Heat (although 2 1st rounders is steep) and an idiotic move for Knicks. Again, Riley saved NYK from Jax's stupidity. That said, the Dragic trade doesn't look so good if Bosh is out long term

Dragic makes sense for both teams and it wouldn't have sunk our chances at the 1 pick this year your not winning games with Dragic and nothing on the roster.

Hopefully Langsanity continues to develop into a good pg.

I will be training my first child to be an artist for the sole purpose of I wanna see this drawn.

You'll have to hurry, I'm currently trying to contract this out. Going to have myself leading the army, make it the first thing you see as as you enter my home on a big 10x10 canvas.  Ya know, when I get a home that is.

so I don't know any of the names you guys are throwing around.  I just can't watch the NBA anymore.  I love college hoops, but weekends after football are for he kids and shoveling, lol

what is the dream here ?  what is the home-run ?  I can't even say I know what to wish for

As feared, Bosh out for season.  He has felt discomfort in his chest for a while so luckily he finally got it checked out.

From a basketball standpoint, this creates uncertainty in whether Dragic signs with the Heat.

Dragic most likely stays in Miami. A max deal to play in Miami is a no-brainer.

Im not so sure about that. Dragic said that theBosh news took him by surprise. The Bosh issue is gping to be influential on his decision

Nobody knows if Knicks have a realistic shot at any top FA, but the names you'll hear are Gasol, Aldridge, Dragic and Rondo.

melo/okafor/rondo ?

that's the home-run ?

assuming melo is healthy and they land okafor, the focus would have to turn to PG.  Even dealing with ideal scenarios I can't get excited

melo/okafor/rondo ?

that's the home-run ?

assuming melo is healthy and they land okafor, the focus would have to turn to PG.  Even dealing with ideal scenarios I can't get excited

No to Rondo, dude is living off his reputation as of late and he's not a traditional player where you can plug him in and he's fine, his play is unorthodox and you need to fit around him.  I just want to land Okafor and build around him, no more quick fixes, that's what has screwed us in the past...which more than likely means that's what we are going to most likely do.

No to Rondo, dude is living off his reputation as of late and he's not a traditional player where you can plug him in and he's fine, his play is unorthodox and you need to fit around him.  I just want to land Okafor and build around him, no more quick fixes, that's what has screwed us in the past...which more than likely means that's what we are going to most likely do.

This.

Knicks currently still have 2017 and 2018 1sts, not having 2016 because of stupid Bargs trade. They'll have enough cap room to build.

But considering that Jax has sold low on every NYK asset and stupidly tried to get Dragic, we can't have any faith in Jax getting job done.

I think Jax quits after next year.

melo/okafor/rondo ?

that's the home-run ?

assuming melo is healthy and they land okafor, the focus would have to turn to PG. Even dealing with ideal scenarios I can't get excited

That's part of why they needed Dragic. Galloway is a nice story but he's more of a combo guard. Best case scenario is Marc Gasol and Karl Anthont Towns and maybe the Knicks who will still have about $10 mil left can get a pg from somewhere.

Archived