2014-2015 New York Knicks

Jetlife33

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought it was telling kentucky didn't pound it into towns at the end.  maybe he isn't a good free throw shooter or maybe he doesn't have a reputation foe being clutch

maybe UK had a brain fart but to me that's one more nail in his coffin as the best prospect in this draft

I thought it was telling kentucky didn't pound it into towns at the end. maybe he isn't a good free throw shooter or maybe he doesn't have a reputation foe being clutch

maybe UK had a brain fart but to me that's one more nail in his coffin as the best prospect in this draft

It's because the Harrison twins are selfish children. Towns is an excellent free throw shooter.

It's because the Harrison twins are selfish children. Towns is an excellent free throw shooter.

Yeah, one of Towns' attributes is his good FT shooting.

Besides the Harrison twins being dumbasses, I think it was a coaching issue. Calipari has never been known as a good in-game coach.

Besides the Harrison twins being dumbasses, I think it was a coaching issue. Calipari has never been known as a good in-game coach.

The twins were benched at the start of the second half for whatever reason. Cal's never been a great in game coach...I thought Wisconsin would win that game though. They rarely take bad shots or make mistakes. Close game under 2 minutes you have to figure Wisconsin will win.

The twins were benched at the start of the second half for whatever reason. Cal's never been a great in game coach...I thought Wisconsin would win that game though. They rarely take bad shots or make mistakes. Close game under 2 minutes you have to figure Wisconsin will win.

Completely agree. Plus, Wisconsin being good outside shooters was a key.

The National title game will be fun to watch. I'm wondering if Duke will finally get caught being only 8 deep.

k txs.  I think the duncan comparison is a fair one for okafor

wouldn't that be nice ?

I don't understand the Duncan comparison. It's a one-year guy and a finished product. Okafor's scoring compares favorably, at least with respect to Duncan at the same age, but literally everything else is not even close. Doesn't really seem like a useful frame of reference.

I like Okafor better as I have been saying all along, but this idea that it's not even close is silly. Towns's WP projection is roughly equivalent to Anthony Davis's. #2 is still a home run here. #3 is still a calamity.

Winslow is the most impressive player. Towns would be fine. Cauley Stine sucks. Okafor is good...just dont know if he's athletic enough for his moves to work in the league.

Winslow is going to get overdrafted on a good tournament and disappoint. Cauley-Stein had a bad game, but that was the first one I saw this year. I don't think either Towns or Okafor is notably great or awful athletically.

I don't understand the Duncan comparison. It's a one-year guy and a finished product. Okafor's scoring compares favorably, at least with respect to Duncan at the same age, but literally everything else is not even close. Doesn't really seem like a useful frame of reference.

And yet, we live in a world where players still have to play on the court. In that regard, they look pretty damn similar.

Winslow is going to get overdrafted on a good tournament and disappoint. Cauley-Stein had a bad game, but that was the first one I saw this year. I don't think either Towns or Okafor is notably great or awful athletically.

WCS brings nothing offensively

Okafor got schooled by Kaminsky. Schooled. And 4 of his points were right place, right time points....not earned.

Give me Towns, please.

I have nothing against Okafor and think he will be a good pro. I just don't see him and Melo co-existing and defensively the team would still be lacking.

Again we have no idea how the lottery plays out with our luck we'll be picking 5th.

Okafor got schooled by Kaminsky.  Schooled.  And 4 of his points were right place, right time points....not earned.

Give me Towns, please.  

Okafor is a champion and you're a loser, just like Towns.

Kidding on the Towns part.  My top 4 wishlist is:

1) Okafor 2) Towns 3) Russell 4) Mudiay

I will be happy as hell with any of these 4 picks.  Knicks NEED to lose out these last 4 to secure the top lottery seed.

I have nothing against Okafor and think he will be a good pro. I just don't see him and Melo co-existing and defensively the team would still be lacking.

Again we have no idea how the lottery plays out with our luck we'll be picking 5th.

Melo will be irrelevant to the Knicks plans going forward so I don't think whether he can or cannot co-exist with a prospect is in the discussion.

The Knicks 1st rounder, if top 2, will be the unquestioned star of the team.  If Melo tries to muscle his way in he'll get vilified by the media and that will negatively impact his branding.  This is far different than Linsanity because that was a gimmick.  Jax already said that a top pick changes a franchise.

Melo will be irrelevant to the Knicks plans going forward so I don't think whether he can or cannot co-exist with a prospect is in the discussion.

The Knicks 1st rounder, if top 2, will be the unquestioned star of the team.  If Melo tries to muscle his way in he'll get vilified by the media and that will negatively impact his branding.  This is far different than Linsanity because that was a gimmick.  Jax already said that a top pick changes a franchise.

There's a part of me that thinks Melo still has some influence. Considering the no trade clause, I'm probably right. If Melo's making the call we're taking Towns most likely.

There's a part of me that thinks Melo still has some influence. Considering the no trade clause, I'm probably right. If Melo's making the call we're taking Towns most likely.

You may be right, but the explosion of the cap next year changes everything.  Don't be surprised if there are rumblings about Melo getting traded.  No trade clauses get waived all the time.  Even KG did it to go to Minny.

You may be right, but the explosion of the cap next year changes everything.  Don't be surprised if there are rumblings about Melo getting traded.  No trade clauses get waived all the time.  Even KG did it to go to Minny.

KG isnt a taste maker. 

The Knicks 1st rounder, if top 2, will be the unquestioned star of the team. If Melo tries to muscle his way in he'll get vilified by the media and that will negatively impact his branding. This is far different than Linsanity because that was a gimmick. Jax already said that a top pick changes a franchise.

Melo has 4 years, $100 million remaining on his deal and a no trade clause. Even if he waives the no-trade the team trading for him has to an extra $20 million. He is absolutely relevant to all future plans.

Melo has 4 years, $100 million remaining on his deal and a no trade clause. Even if he waives the no-trade the team trading for him has to an extra $20 million. He is absolutely relevant to all future plans.

With the explosion of the cap, that extra $20 million will be easily absorbed.  We'll see how it plays out.

very disheartened by okafor.  that was one of the worst defensive rebounding performances I can remember by a big man in a big game.  he stood around watching while kaminsky and friends got 2nd chance points

couldn't keep the tank out of the lane

missed at least 3 point blank shots

at this point I hope the knicks fall to 3rd and take that PG from china 

luckily they're only 18.

I was in better shape than okafor when I was 14

he had to take a breather after jogging for 5 minutes.  that includes commercials and whistles.  He didn't bother defending kaminsky beyond the elbows, just threw up a token hand to try to make it look good

I was in better shape than okafor when I was 14

he had to take a breather after jogging for 5 minutes.  that includes commercials and whistles.  He didn't bother defending kaminsky beyond the elbows, just threw up a token hand to try to make it look good

Wait, Larz, are you saying you're draft eligible???

Archived