2014-2015 New York Knicks

Jetlife33

Yeah, the Grant pick was redeeming.  Porzingis has skills and can shoot lights out for his size.  Not a complete disaster after the Grant move.  They got 2 good 1st rounders this year.

Jax must be doing hash again.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So how many starters do we have heading into FA? 2? I say pay Matthews and Carroll, and see if you can get Asik on the cheap for a year or two so you don't have to force Porzingis in there. The former 2 are also great defending the perimeter which would means you'd minimize the risk of scaring Porzingis into swimming back to Latvia when he's on the court.

Calderon, at the very least, is a good dude and will probably take on the mentor job for Grant with a smile on his face. No point in tanking again without a pick on the horizon, and none of those would be dumb contracts, especially with the cap set to balloon next year.

Not a championship team, sure. But throw Melo into that mix and you have a starting rotation that it isn't a pile of steaming sh*t that probably contends for a 6-8 seed. Last thing you want is the two guys you're hinging your future on marinating in a douchecanoe of unsuccessful jizzmoppers.

You paint such a word-picture. i think you'd be exquisite at narrating a children's picture book. Little Melo goes to kindergarten. Little Melo learns to share... endless possibilities. 

Krispy passes the eye test for me here....he isn't some lumbering giant, he is amazingly agile

Also loving the grant pick, he got a first rounder for hardaway??.....phil is slaying this draft!

The kid is 19 years old and has a hell of an offensive skill set, that was never the issue.

But does he have an NBA body to put those offensive skills to use in the best league in the world?

By American standards. In Eastern European time he's actually 74 years old.

LOL, that's true because he's been playing pro ball since he was 14.

I saw a couple of interviews with Jax and he was really selling this pick, calling Porzingis a "franchise changer" and an "eye opening player with eye opening talent."

Could the Sports Gods have actually have the Jets and Knicks both pick the best players in their respective drafts? 

I saw a couple of interviews with Jax and he was really selling this pick, calling Porzingis a "franchise changer" and an "eye opening player with eye opening talent."

Could the Sports Gods have actually have the Jets and Knicks both pick the best players in their respective drafts? 

My head tells me no.  And my heart, well it also tells me no. 

Yeah, because Phil Jackson's gonna emerge from his weed cloud and realize that he just drafted the bastard love child of Shawn Bradley and Jay Bilas that he mistook for Dirk Nowitzki when he was shrooming at Burning Man and rip his own draft pick. 

Yeah, because Phil Jackson's gonna emerge from his weed cloud and realize that he just drafted the bastard love child of Shawn Bradley and Jay Bilas that he mistook for Dirk Nowitzki when he was shrooming at Burning Man and rip his own draft pick. 

That may all be true, except that Zing is more athletic than either.

Having slept on it the main solace I find is that Jax, after all his **** ups with the Knicks, dared to be great.  He went for the home run in drafting Zing.  It may blow up in the Knicks face after Jax is long gone, but he still went for it.

The worse possible move would have been the safe pick for a 17 win team.

That may all be true, except that Zing is more athletic than either.

Having slept on it the main solace I find is that Jax, after all his **** ups with the Knicks, dared to be great.  He went for the home run in drafting Zing.  It may blow up in the Knicks face after Jax is long gone, but he still went for it.

The worse possible move would have been the safe pick for a 17 win team.

My biggest concern is that the only video ESPN (the worldwide leader) seemed to have of this kid was of him shooting baskets by himself. They couldn't find a single 5-second clip of him doing something impressive in a game? And this was on draft night!

My biggest concern is that the only video ESPN (the worldwide leader) seemed to have of this kid was of him shooting baskets by himself. They couldn't find a single 5-second clip of him doing something impressive in a game? And this was on draft night!

The ESPN video was from his pre-draft workout.  I don't know why they didn't show his videos from Sevilla since they're on Youtube.  There are a couple of highlight videos out there.  The scouts and NBA people know him because he was set to enter last year's draft.  The Knicks scouted him in Europe.

Again, I have no idea how this turns out, but the kid without a doubt can shoot, has quick feet, and a sick wingspan (7'6").  He also comes from a basketball family (father played semi-pro, mom was on youth national team, and older brother played pro ball in Croatia).

The kid is far from a stiff, but it remains to be seen if he can put on the needed 30 to 40 pounds and still keep his quickness and athleticism.

The Knicks need to get Victor Conte on the payroll as soon as possible.

Absolutely.  The thing is, they're testing for HGH now, but the kid doesn't need HGH, he needs some good old fashioned PEDs.

Also, a couple of other signs Jax doesn't give a ****.  He pays The Brand $125 million at 31, then drafts a 19 year old project.  Hey, The Brand, be happy with your money because you're not competing any time soon.

Then, Hardaway is at Clyde Frazier's restaurant last night for a Knicks fan celebration where he gets the call he's been traded.

I really like the trade for Grant! I've read multiple times leading up to the draft that he's the most intelligent player in the draft. 6'5" PG, we needed one of those.

As for the 4th pick we spent on the Latvian player im just not sold. The one thing I do like is his agility for a big man. But dude looks straight up soft. IDK.

Wouldn't the "shot at greatness" pick have been Mudiay?

They'd at least have gotten themselves a bigger version of Brandon Jennings.

No, it wouldn't because Zing has a higher upside than Mudiay, whom I like as a prospect.  Mudiay has a lower bust factor, though.

Archived