2014-2015 New York Knicks

Jetlife33

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, they're going to have to shut him down eventually.

Jax comes out of this season with Okafor and he'll look like an evil genius.

That's not Phil being an evil genius. That's luck. Shutting down Carmelo due to injury means his minutes get replaced by the dreck already on the roster and we stay sh*tty. If he's healthy and we move him we probably accidentally get better right away and **** ourselves in the draft.

That's not Phil being an evil genius. That's luck. Shutting down Carmelo due to injury means his minutes get replaced by the dreck already on the roster and we stay sh*tty. If he's healthy and we move him we probably accidentally get better right away and **** ourselves in the draft.

True, but sometimes its better to be lucky than good.  Jax was lucky to have 4 all-time HOFers on his teams.

And, another loss!

True, but sometimes its better to be lucky than good.  Jax was lucky to have 4 all-time HOFers on his teams.

And, another loss!

And the Knicks will have Jahlil Okafor + 1 max free agent next summer while the Nets are in salary cap hell until Joe Johnson/Deron Williams can finally come off the books and they have to stop giving 1st round picks to Boston for Garnett and Pierce.

And the Knicks will have Jahlil Okafor + 1 max free agent next summer while the Nets are in salary cap hell until Joe Johnson/Deron Williams can finally come off the books and they have to stop giving 1st round picks to Boston for Garnett and Pierce.

I like Okafor a lot, but I still think Towns might have the bigger upside. It's hard to say, I've only seen Duke and Kentucky play a couple of times this year. The other kid from Kentucky, Cauley-Stein looked like a heck of a player too.  So long as the Knicks keep on this course, I think we're going to land a difference maker....finally...hopefully.

Spurs, best tank job in the history of sports. Who'd the Celtics end up drafting, was it Walker? I don't remember

Had to check but they ended up with Chauncey Billups at 3, but then they traded him away.

If Knicks remain in 2nd, the lottery odds mean they'll fall no worse than 5th, but the odds of landing 5th is actually worse than odds in getting the 1st. Like you said, Knicks are in good position to get difference maker

Nah, the Sixers are playing the role of the 97 Celtics.

Like Broadway said, Knicks gotta be the 97 Spurs. If they shut down Melo the analogy would be better

Did the admiral even play that year? Jesus, I don't even remember. All I remember is Nique playing for them, because my Uncle always loved telling me that he was the most exciting basketball player he's ever seen....every single time he was on tv.  

Had to check but they ended up with Chauncey Billups at 3, but then they traded him away.

If Knicks remain in 2nd, the lottery odds mean they'll fall no worse than 5th, but the odds of landing 5th is actually worse than odds in getting the 1st. Like you said, Knicks are in good position to get difference maker

Ahh that's right, the lottery odds are different now, I wasn't exactly sure how it worked.  Good thing is that there's about five or so players who could be real difference makers and the majority are at the PF/C position, which is nice.  Ughh, I'm gonna go with RJF though and just assume that nothing good will happen to any of our franchises and just plan for the worst.  That or we do get the number one overall and draft Okafur and he Len Bias' us.  Or the velociraptor thing, both equally possibly.

I like Okafor a lot, but I still think Towns might have the bigger upside. It's hard to say, I've only seen Duke and Kentucky play a couple of times this year. The other kid from Kentucky, Cauley-Stein looked like a heck of a player too.  So long as the Knicks keep on this course, I think we're going to land a difference maker....finally...hopefully.

I'll gladly take either. This year's draft looks pretty stacked especially top 5 players. Btw how about poetic justice for Kidd losing Jabari Parker? Lol

Ahh that's right, the lottery odds are different now, I wasn't exactly sure how it worked. Good thing is that there's about five or so players who could be real difference makers and the majority are at the PF/C position, which is nice. Ughh, I'm gonna go with RJF though and just assume that nothing good will happen to any of our franchises and just plan for the worst. That or we do get the number one overall and draft Okafur and he Len Bias' us. Or the velociraptor thing, both equally possibly.

If it was just the Jets, I can see being fatalistic, but for fans of the Knicks and Mets those teams did draft well and have sustained success in 2 different eras so there should be more cautious optimism for the Knicks.

Ahh that's right, the lottery odds are different now, I wasn't exactly sure how it worked. Good thing is that there's about five or so players who could be real difference makers and the majority are at the PF/C position, which is nice. Ughh, I'm gonna go with RJF though and just assume that nothing good will happen to any of our franchises and just plan for the worst. That or we do get the number one overall and draft Okafur and he Len Bias' us. Or the velociraptor thing, both equally possibly.

Vee beleeve in nahthing Lebowski nahthing

Ahh that's right, the lottery odds are different now, I wasn't exactly sure how it worked.  Good thing is that there's about five or so players who could be real difference makers and the majority are at the PF/C position, which is nice.  Ughh, I'm gonna go with RJF though and just assume that nothing good will happen to any of our franchises and just plan for the worst.  That or we do get the number one overall and draft Okafur and he Len Bias' us.  Or the velociraptor thing, both equally possibly.

We have a realistic shot at getting one of the big men in the draft AND Marc Gasol.  Gasol is a fantastic player but it's become a small man's game so we'll still need a pg plus Carmelo loves to use drive to the paint which is why him and Amare could never play effectively together.  We may have to just trade Melo for a pg maybe Rajon Rondo though I doubt the Celtics want to go that way. I don't want Deron Williams.

Ricky Rubio will be a FA this summer and he's wanted to be a Knick or Laker ever since he came to America.

We have a realistic shot at getting one of the big men in the draft AND Marc Gasol.  Gasol is a fantastic player but it's become a small man's game so we'll still need a pg plus Carmelo loves to use drive to the paint which is why him and Amare could never play effectively together.  We may have to just trade Melo for a pg maybe Rajon Rondo though I doubt the Celtics want to go that way. I don't want Deron Williams.

Ricky Rubio will be a FA this summer and he's wanted to be a Knick or Laker ever since he came to America.

Melo's impossible to trade. Might be the worst contract in Knicks history...and there have been some doozies.

Did the admiral even play that year? Jesus, I don't even remember. All I remember is Nique playing for them, because my Uncle always loved telling me that he was the most exciting basketball player he's ever seen....every single time he was on tv.  

David Robinson had a season ending injury at the start of the season.

Dominique Wilkins is the greatest slam dunk artist of all-time.  Better than Jordan or Skywalker.  Loved watching him play.

Melo's impossible to trade. Might be the worst contract in Knicks history...and there have been some doozies.

This is the worst because of why it happened. It can't have been beyond anybody's contemplation that things would go the way they have and a quickie divorce would be in everybody's best interest. It's just that Phil is so arrogant and Carmelo is such a crazy idiot they thought they'd be able to swing something even with the kicker cherry on top of that sh*t sundae of a contract.

I am hoping that Phil's reasoning behind the Chandler trade was simply to suppress the turmoil while the Knicks began the transition. With this gang of sh*t, Chandler nets us another 10-15 wins on the year, and there is no way he would have sat there and shut up about his teammates and Fisher as the Knicks worked their way towards an inevitable lottery pick. If that was his thinking, kudos. If not, we have some serious problems ahead.

This is what the Knicks should have done ages ago, to be honest. Just accept that they need to rebuild, let bad contracts expire and move on instead of trading away picks and handing out terrible contract after terrible contract. The Knicks, like the Jets, need young talent. The reason this sucks so much is because the franchise refused to do it for way too long. Now it's just exhaustive. 

David Robinson had a season ending injury at the start of the season.

Dominique Wilkins is the greatest slam dunk artist of all-time.  Better than Jordan or Skywalker.  Loved watching him play.

'nique was power and grace.  unbelievable.  

I am hoping that Phil's reasoning behind the Chandler trade was simply to suppress the turmoil while the Knicks began the transition. With this gang of sh*t, Chandler nets us another 10-15 wins on the year, and there is no way he would have sat there and shut up about his teammates and Fisher as the Knicks worked their way towards an inevitable lottery pick. If that was his thinking, kudos. If not, we have some serious problems ahead.

This is what the Knicks should have done ages ago, to be honest. Just accept that they need to rebuild, let bad contracts expire and move on instead of trading away picks and handing out terrible contract after terrible contract. The Knicks, like the Jets, need young talent. The reason this sucks so much is because the franchise refused to do it for way too long. Now it's just exhaustive.

Exactly.

The Knicks being bad since 2001 wasnt so much of the problem as trading or wasting so many 1st rounders. Two of those 1st rounders were Noah and Aldridge. Then they blew a pick on Hill.

This is finally the year they suck and have a high pick with blue chips available.

That said,the trade of the 2016 1st rounder for Bargnani was the worst in the last 12 years. Its inexcusable. I know the narrative is to blame Dolan for most moves, but was that him?

My one wish as a Knick fan is for them to stop trading first rounders, both picks and 1st rounders drafted.

On that note, Isola is such an insufferable troll that he wrote the other day that the Knicks coukd draft Okafor, but then trade him based on past moves. I hate that prick.

If you're going to tank then tank.  Knicks are probably a 35 win team with Chandler and outside of the playoffs.  Might as well win 20 games and possibly get a top 3 pick.

Archived