Parcells Reveals Details of Split With Lil Bill

flgreen

Only Crennel and Weis worked as actual coaches under Parcells. And as we now know Weis was a disloyal opportunistic scumbag. 

I'm the last person who will ever defend Parcells because I can't stand the prick but Belichick deserves all the credit for Mangini, McDaniel and Haley. 

The bottom line is Parcells has three Super Bowl winning coaches on his tree, Belichick has like all of 2 winning seasons out his crew. 

How does that help the Parcells case?  Belichick was winning divisions and games with those stiffs under him.  Parcells was delegating to Erhardt, Belly, Crennel, Weiss, Coughin and Groh.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shouldn't we also question how good Brady would have been had it not been for the cheating?

If the stuff in the book is true and coaches were telling Brady via an alternate radio signal what the defense was it effectively rendered those games into glorified full speed scrimmages for him. If you get to do that for the first six plus years of your career you're gonna get pretty good. 

I'm pretty sure I covered that with "now both fail without cheating".

What happened to all the draft picks Parcells made to help BB win a SB?

NE had the # 1 defense in 2003 so no, it wasn't all Brady.

Google it.

What the **** are you two even going on about?  Parcells left New England because he was pissed he couldn't pick the groceries.  He wasn't making the picks.  He hated when "she" got hurt, etc.  **** them both, they are two despicable individuals. Parcells jilted Culverhouse almost as badly as what Belichick did to Hess.  They are a pair of miserable pricks and deserve each other.  

What the **** are you two even going on about?  Parcells left New England because he was pissed he couldn't pick the groceries.  He wasn't making the picks.  He hated when "she" got hurt, etc.  **** them both, they are two despicable individuals. Parcells jilted Culverhouse almost as badly as what Belichick did to Hess.  They are a pair of miserable pricks and deserve each other.  

I told  him to "google it", rather than saying "GFY". The tone and spirit of it was the same though.

Not sure why that's a problem for you, you uptight goon. :P

You don't think this happens all the time?

Are you that naive?

Scott clearly it does.  However, the moral high ground the JN likes to stand on is at best a bog.

You mean like stealing other teams signals?

Stop.  It is all they have.

Yeah, because if there was one thing that Belichick proved in Cleveland, it's that he was one hell of a franchise-builder.

What Dom said.   He took over a horrible team and the free agency system was not what it is today.

Most of the key players from the super bowl teams were guys Parcells drafted and signed.

Wrong.  This was covered in another thread not too long ago.  There were 4 or 5 starters on the 2001 team that were Par$ells guys.  ONe, Troy Brown, is a tenuous grasp at best as he was only a returner with Par$ells.

Not to mention the $1 million dollars he stole from a dying man on the promise that he would coach his football team. 

Do Pats fans really need to be reminded of the role Belichick played in helping Parcells extricate himself from the Pats?

He got the million to stay with the Jets after their 1998 run.  Belichick was a hot commodity again and would have likely gotten a few offers to be "HC of (fill in blank)".

He left after 1999 and Hess' death.  he filled the requirements.

Shouldn't we also question how good Brady would have been had it not been for the cheating?

If the stuff in the book is true and coaches were telling Brady via an alternate radio signal what the defense was it effectively rendered those games into glorified full speed scrimmages for him. If you get to do that for the first six plus years of your career you're gonna get pretty good. 

Great.  Your tinfoil hat is slipping.

Why did Belichick film coaches' signals for a decade if it didn't help him?

Why do players/coaches steal signals?  To gain an advantage.  Again, Goodell did not say stealing signals was illegal.  Video taping them is.  Mental notes, binoculars, pen and paper are legal.  Video taping is not.  The medium he used was illegal, not what he did..

He got the million to stay with the Jets after their 1998 run.  Belichick was a hot commodity again and would have likely gotten a few offers to be "HC of (fill in blank)".

He left after 1999 and Hess' death.  he filled the requirements.

Great.  Your tinfoil hat is slipping.

Why do players/coaches steal signals?  To gain an advantage.  Again, Goodell did not say stealing signals was illegal.  Video taping them is.  Mental notes, binoculars, pen and paper are legal.  Video taping is not.  The medium he used was illegal, not what he did..

There is literally nothing in this post that jibes in any way with reality. 

The $1 million was to be Parcell's successor. 

Talk to Steve Young and Doug Flutie. They'll set you straight. 

Weak spin. But it doesn't answer the question, now does it?

There is literally nothing in this post that jibes in any way with reality. 

The $1 million was to be Parcell's successor. 

Talk to Steve Young and Doug Flutie. They'll set you straight. 

Weak spin. But it doesn't answer the question, now does it?

Maybe if that fat **** had left then he could have been his successor.  He decided to stick around, but not coach.  Thanks a bunch you fat ****er.  sh*t or get off the pot. 

Maybe if that fat **** had left then he could have been his successor.  He decided to stick around, but not coach.  Thanks a bunch you fat ****er.  sh*t or get off the pot. 

There are only two things on this site that confuse me to this day:

1. Slats liking Rex despite Rex's many similarities to Herm, whom slats hated.

2. Your furious hatred towards Parcells. 

Most of the key players from the super bowl teams were guys Parcells drafted and signed.

Exhibit 1. As to the stupidity of most Jet fans and what they believe- Parcells was gone for four years before B.B. took over, only 5 players from the Parcells time in New England were on the team in 01, and on top of it they weren't even Parcells picks if you remember correctly, he left because "He wasn't allowed to pick the groceries!!!" B.B. turned over 80% of the roster between 2000-2001, the rest were left over from the Pete Carol days.

If those are the only two things that confuse you I am confused, lol.

Exhibit 1. As to the stupidity of most Jet fans and what they believe- Parcells was gone for four years before B.B. took over, only 5 players from the Parcells time in New England were on the team in 01, and on top of it they weren't even Parcells picks if you remember correctly, he left because "He wasn't allowed to pick the groceries!!!" B.B. turned over 80% of the roster between 2000-2001, the rest were left over from the Pete Carol days.

1. He will always be a Giant.   Filthy ******* carpetbagger.

2. His belly is **UNDER** his belt.  That is unforgivable.

3. IMO and most others, the Giants would have been crushed by the K-Gun if it weren't for Li'l BIll's game plan.

4. He absolutely sucked at talent evaluation.  He traded ******* Hugh Douglas and then spent years trying to find a pass rusher.  His drafts were atrocious and like Rex, he was way too loyal to "Parcells guys" many of whom were kind of slow.

5. I hate the "Read & React"

6. He ran off like a bitch, but stuck around to keep us from getting any candidate that wanted to know they had authority without his fat ass meddling in everything.

7.  Overrated by the vast majority of this board, especially his namesake.  He is like a kid with ADHD.  He can instill a culture and get players to play hard, but since the Giants he has not sat around to see the job get finished.  He is only happy taking a 1-15 team to 10-6.  He doesn't stick around to see the job through because it would hurt his legacy.  

A good administrator/delegator, but IMO vastly overrated in the X's and O's and just full of old-school coach douchey-ness.  See hitting Chrebet's injured ankle to see if he was faking.

3. IMO and most others, the Giants would have been crushed by the K-Gun if it weren't for Li'l BIll's game plan.

4. He absolutely sucked at talent evaluation.  He traded ******* Hugh Douglas and then spent years trying to find a pass rusher.  His drafts were atrocious and like Rex, he was way too loyal to "Parcells guys" many of whom were kind of slow.

6. He ran off like a bitch, but stuck around to keep us from getting any candidate that wanted to know they had authority without his fat ass meddling in everything.

7.  Overrated by the vast majority of this board, especially his namesake.  He is like a kid with ADHD.  He can instill a culture and get players to play hard, but since the Giants he has not sat around to see the job get finished.  He is only happy taking a 1-15 team to 10-6.  He doesn't stick around to see the job through because it would hurt his legacy.  

A good administrator/delegator, but IMO vastly overrated in the X's and O's and just full of old-school coach douchey-ness.  See hitting Chrebet's injured ankle to see if he was faking.

PREACH ON BRUTHA!!!

McGinist, Brown, Law, Hamilton, Wiggins, Milloy, Compton, Bruschi, phifer, Vinitiari, and more. Those are just some of Parcells guys from that 2001 team. Plus his whol coaching staff. Plus he needed to cheat. I know you became a Pats fan in 2001 -but try not to make it so obvious.

Do you speak to your councilor about deep seeded Giant hatred?

I can see you've put a lot of thought into this and, for that, I commend you.

Answer the question.

This is like when you refused to say you had paid SAR because you hadn't paid him. 

He's not going to answer. Hes a pathetic front running homer.

McGinist, Brown, Law, Hamilton, Wiggins, Milloy, Compton, Bruschi, phifer, Vinitiari, and more. Those are just some of Parcells guys from that 2001 team. Plus his whol coaching staff. Plus he needed to cheat. I know you became a Pats fan in 2001 -but try not to make it so obvious.

Wow you could be stretching the bounds of inaccuracy beyond what I thought was possible for even a jet fan- 

Hamilton- Signed by the B.B. in 2000

Wiggins- Signed by B.B. in 2000

Compton- Signed by B.B. in 2001

Phifer- Signed by B.B. in 2001

And More- There is no more,  but please keep going you're only showing how truly clueless you are. :rl:

Wow you could be stretching the bounds of inaccuracy beyond what I thought was possible for even a jet fan-

Hamilton- Signed by the B.B. in 2000

Wiggins- Signed by B.B. in 2000

Compton- Signed by B.B. in 2001

Phifer- Signed by B.B. in 2001

And More- There is no more, but please keep going you're only showing how truly clueless you are. :rl:

Not only did you start following the pats in 2001, you also just started following the NFL. With the exception of Compton, all of the rest were Parcells guys from the Jets. And yeah there are more, instead of posting lies and insults, look at the roster. You look like a homer moron.

Not only did you start following the pats in 2001, you also just started following the NFL. With the exception of Compton, all of the rest were Parcells guys from the Jets. And yeah there are more, instead of posting lies and insults, look at the roster.

So what your saying is that any team that signs free agents from another team and has success, it's not really their success, it's whoever drafted the players originally that gets the credit? That could be the dumbest take I've ever heard, and you think I just started watching football? :rl:  You are quickly moving up to Troll killer's level of batshat crazy stupid, it's Jet fans like you and Troll killer I have no sympathy for, angry, bitter and dumb, is no way to go through life son. And by the way the Rams drafted Roman Phifer.

So what your saying is that any team that signs free agents from another team and has success, it's not really their success, it's whoever drafted the players originally that gets the credit? That could be the dumbest take I've ever heard, and you think I just started watching football? :rl: You are quickly moving up to Troll killer's level of batshat crazy stupid, it's Jet fans like you and Troll killer I have no sympathy for, angry, bitter and dumb, is no way to go through life son. And by the way the Rams drafted Roman Phifer.

Just to recap. You said only 5 of Parcells former players were on the 2001 Patriots roster. Without trying, I listed 10, all starters. and there are many more. Just so you understand that I won that argument. No matter how much you try to back away and twist things.

idk where you get that I'm angry or bitter from? I really don't take this stuff personally. Like I said earlier, you really just look like a pathetic homer to me. The Pats are perfect in your on mind and do everything swell. We get it. Now leave so some of the other people can have a more truthful and realistic conversation.

So what your saying is that any team that signs free agents from another team and has success, it's not really their success, it's whoever drafted the players originally that gets the credit? That could be the dumbest take I've ever heard, and you think I just started watching football? :rl:  You are quickly moving up to Troll killer's level of batshat crazy stupid, it's Jet fans like you and Troll killer I have no sympathy for, angry, bitter and dumb, is no way to go through life son. And by the way the Rams drafted Roman Phifer.

Archived