Parcells Reveals Details of Split With Lil Bill

flgreen

Yeah, because if there was one thing that Belichick proved in Cleveland, it's that he was one hell of a franchise-builder.

He was a great defensive coach back then.  The brains behind the 1990 super bowl team.  His tenure in Cleveland was a bit disjointed, but there are those that blame the move to Baltimore on them falling apart.  I tend not to agree, but they were coming off an 11-5 season and were 4-4 or 4-5 when they announced the move.  The team only won one more game and canned him for Mr. Baltimore, Ted Marchibroda.  I am not a big fan of Belichick in the draft, but he is certainly no worse than Parcells and he does what I wish Tannenbaum and Idzik had tried with Rex - stacks the offense and coaches the D.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He was a great defensive coach back then. The brains behind the 1990 super bowl team. His tenure in Cleveland was a bit disjointed, but there are those that blame the move to Baltimore on them falling apart. I tend not to agree, but they were coming off an 11-5 season and were 4-4 or 4-5 when they announced the move. The team only won one more game and canned him for Mr. Baltimore, Ted Marchibroda. I am not a big fan of Belichick in the draft, but he is certainly no worse than Parcells and he does what I wish Tannenbaum and Idzik had tried with Rex - stacks the offense and coaches the D.

Parcells is like Jesus to Belichick's David Koresh.

If Parcells devotee Dick Rehbein and son-in-law Scott Pioli didn't find Tom Brady in the 2000 draft, Belichick would be coaching DBs at Alabama.

Both Bills chatted with Woody Johnson for five minutes and immediately started making other plans. I don't blame either sh*t.

Fact. Any NFL lifer who talk to Richie Rich wants nothing to do  with him if there are other options. Which is how you get a loudmouth DC who knows nothing about offense as your HC and a bean counter who knows nothing about talent evaluation as your GM.

I never understood why Belichick was so angry with the Jet organization when it was he who screwed the organization over by breaching a contract and turning down a guaranteed HC gig.  And the crazy thing is the media backs him on it.  All the Jets did was offer Bill Belichick a promotion and feed the family he turned his back on.  Incredible.

wow, Charlie Weis is a scumbag 

Chjarlie Weiss probabl;y asked for the Job and Parcells turned him down. Weiss should have been given the job based on what he did with our offense and transforming VInny into a very solid QB something no one else was able to do. I don't blame Weiss one bit .

I never understood why Belichick was so angry with the Jet organization when it was he who screwed the organization over by breaching a contract and turning down a guaranteed HC gig.  And the crazy thing is the media backs him on it.  All the Jets did was offer Bill Belichick a promotion and feed the family he turned his back on.  Incredible.

Not to mention the $1 million dollars he stole from a dying man on the promise that he would coach his football team. 

Do Pats fans really need to be reminded of the role Belichick played in helping Parcells extricate himself from the Pats?

Parcells failed without Belichick.

I hate Parcells but this is just plain stupid. 

Let's compare coaching trees:

Parcells: Belichick, Sean Payton, Tom Coughlin.

Belichick: Weis, Crennel, McDaniel, Haley.

Parcells >>>>. Belichick. 

If not for Bill Parcells giving him a job, Bill Belichick would be the most obnoxiously douchy high school football coach in Connecticut. 

If not for Bill Parcells giving him a job, Bill Belichick would be the most obnoxiously douchy high school football coach in Connecticut.

Actually, every on Beli's tree is technically part Parcells. Add Mangina to Beli too... Can't overlook that one.

Like wimpy Rex youre a fool.

Parcells won nothing without Bill Belichick.

Brlichick failed without Brady.

Now both fail without cheating.

Shouldn't we also question how good Brady would have been had it not been for the cheating?

If the stuff in the book is true and coaches were telling Brady via an alternate radio signal what the defense was it effectively rendered those games into glorified full speed scrimmages for him. If you get to do that for the first six plus years of your career you're gonna get pretty good. 

Shouldn't we also question how good Brady would have been had it not been for the cheating?

If the stuff in the book is true and coaches were telling Brady via an alternate radio signal what the defense was it effectively rendered those games into glorified full speed scrimmages for him. If you get to do that for the first six plus years of your career you're gonna get pretty good. 

:character0053:

Actually, every on Beli's tree is technically part Parcells. Add Mangina to Beli too... Can't overlook that one.

Only Crennel and Weis worked as actual coaches under Parcells. And as we now know Weis was a disloyal opportunistic scumbag. 

I'm the last person who will ever defend Parcells because I can't stand the prick but Belichick deserves all the credit for Mangini, McDaniel and Haley. 

The bottom line is Parcells has three Super Bowl winning coaches on his tree, Belichick has like all of 2 winning seasons out his crew. 

What happened to all the draft picks Parcells made to help BB win a SB?

NE had the # 1 defense in 2003 so no, it wasn't all Brady.

You mean the four players that were left from the Parcells days? 5 If you count Bledsoe, it's always been comical to me the lengths simple minded Jets fans will go to try and take credit away from the coach that told them and their pathetic organization to GFT's.

You mean the four players that were left from the Parcells days? 5 If you count Bledsoe, it's always been comical to me the lengths simple minded Jets fans will go to try and take credit away from the coach that told them and their pathetic organization to GFT's.

Why did Belichick film coaches' signals for a decade if it didn't help him?

Archived