Which pieces of this Jets team should we carry over to the new regime?

Jetlife33

He definitely looked good. Much better than winters has been so far.

Agree. He was flagged on one play for holding. He missed his assignment, but held the guy so he wouldn't have a free shot on the QB. So he missed the block, but made the right move in holding the guy he should have blocked.

Aside from that, I thought he played well.

Obviously there'll be loads and I'm not sure what the contract situations are but the guys I want to see - Ivory, Amaro, Decker, Kerley (if reasonable money), Mangold and probably Brick for the continuity if nothing else. I'd demote Geno but definitely keep him. Sitting for a while could help him. Hopefully by the end of the season Aboushi will be established.

On defence - Sheldon, Mo, Davis, Pryor, Milliner. Harris needs to go and I'm close to giving up on Coples, the rest are all expendable.

Folk should obviously be back.

The coaching staff is gone and Idzik could be, though I doubt it.

Agree. He was flagged on one play for holding. He missed his assignment, but held the guy so he wouldn't have a free shot on the QB. So he missed the block, but made the right move in holding the guy he should have blocked.

Agreed. Lets see if he can keep it up. I'd imagine Colon is gone after this year. I think Aboushi is in position to take one of the 2 guard spots while Dozier takes the other.

Obviously there'll be loads and I'm not sure what the contract situations are but the guys I want to see - Ivory, Amaro, Decker, Kerley (if reasonable money), Mangold and probably Brick for the continuity if nothing else. I'd demote Geno but definitely keep him. Sitting for a while could help him. Hopefully by the end of the season Aboushi will be established.

On defence - Sheldon, Mo, Davis, Pryor, Milliner. Harris needs to go and I'm close to giving up on Coples, the rest are all expendable.

Kerley is interesting. He's the 2nd best receiver on this team. I wouldn't overpay him though,as you stated. Hope we work something out with him that's reasonable.

Pretty good list. I wonder how Coples would be at playing in a 4-3 and never lost that weight. He might be the bizarro world Bryan Thomas.

Agreed. Lets see if he can keep it up. I'd imagine Colon is gone after this year. I think Aboushi is in position to take one of the 2 guard spots while Dozier takes the other.

Yep. Dozier and Aboushi could turn out to be our starting guards. And they could actually turn out to be good.

I had zero expectations tonight. But I was really pleased with how some guys played tonight.

What do you guys feel about Cumberland? Should he be considered a considerable piece moving forward? Looked like he had his best game of the year tonight.

I don't know. He seems to have one really good game a season (Falcon game last year), but otherwise is invisible.

What do you guys feel about Cumberland? Should he be considered a considerable piece moving forward? Looked like he had his best game of the year tonight.

Been here 4 years and I still can't tell whether I really like him or really don't. Just know it's one or the other.

Agreed. He clearly looked like an upgrade

I think Amaro is progressing nicely even though he has a serious case of the dropsies. Hopefully he out grows that. With the right coach in place we could have a real threat on the offensive side of the ball.

After the drop last week I said to myself, if he catches 10 and drops 1 I will take it.  The drop last night came early, and his feet were in an unusual position when he dropped it.  He was wide open but seemed unready to receive it.  He is a big guy and I like that.  But he does need work.

He just got paid, and nothing that considerable. No harm in seeing if Sudfeld is anything before we cut ties with Cumberland. If that time comes, I won't be sad. I don't think anyone even knew he was on the team til last night.

New Regime implies Woody is willing to buy out Rex and pay for a guy (like Gus Malzhan who makes more than Rex this year). That would be like 9 million dollars spent on coaches next year.

Woody pockets millions he doesn't spend it.

bit I agree , I have been firmly on the fire Rex bandwagon I know you have not so not arguing what should or should not happen we'll save that for another day....that being said I'm surprised so many people think it's a forgone conclusion Rex is gone, it's def not a done deal yet especially after we most likely finish relatively strong against a weak nov-dec schedule.

Geno, Decker, Amaro, Dbrick, Aboushi, Winters, Mangold, Geoncomi

Wilkerson, Richardson, Snacks, Davis, Coples, Milliner, Walls, Allen, Pryor

I'm cool with Walls and Allen being pieces moving forward, as long as it's not in such a big role like they are playing now.

The Jets should carry over the current defensive line, Decker, Kerley, and the RB's.

The stats may not be overly impressive, but Ivory and Johnson are both talented and experienced.  Sheldon Richardson and Muhammad Wilkerson are no-brainers.

I would be willing to put everything else on the table.  Before the draft, I was never a fan of Geno Smith.  However, if he shows major improvement this season, I would be willing to entertain the idea of him coming back...but that improvement would need to be MAJOR.

I might be the only one but I honestly hope rex ryan doesn't lose his job (unless we could keep him as our DC and I don't see that happening)

You are not the only one. If Rex was given two players (a CB and a WR) and the team was still doing this bad I would feel he needed to go. Idzik on the other hand should have been fired 3 weeks ago.

Archived