What positives do we take away from last night?

Freemanm

It was a bitter loss to a heavily favored division rival, but I think there are a lot of things to build on, so rather than post something bitchy I'd rather look at the positives since this season is done anyway:

1) Geno Smith had a very good game with both his arms and his running ability. A 60% completion percentage that would have been higher had it not been for several drops

2) Morningweg finally figured out that Chris Ivory is the best offensive player on the Jets and actually used him

3) AA had a nice pass deflection towards the end of the game, although he got burned a few times. Hopefully, he's getting more comfortable at CB (the fact that he's starting a CB and former #1 pick Kyle Wilson isn't tells you just what a waste of a pick that was)

3) I know everyone is focusing on Amaro's big drop, but the fact is he is developing into a very real option for Geno at a time when the Jets receivers, save for Decker, are abysmally bad

4) the Jets cut down on false start penalties, although they are still being flagged for too many

5) the season is all but over, but the players are still fighting hard

6) Revis was nothing remotely close to "Revis Island" or 15 mil-a-year of value, he got passed on, repeatedly, by Geno F'ing Smith, and never had a sniff of either an interception or of a "dominant" performance.

I take my positives where I can find them.

None , we lost and in such a way we gave Rex's media army ( carton , sas, Mehta , ray Lucas etc ) plenty of ammunition to pin everything but the Kennedy assassination on Idzik ...we finish 5-11 or 6-10...yes it's possible by the way...and woody will keep Rex bank it.

7. Our coaching staff's shortcomings (burned TO's, gimmicky plays, Decker not in game for 2 pt conversion) exposed again for a national TV audience which will hopefully hasten their firing.

me and you know that but the media won't spin it that way , they will push the " players showed up and gave it there all with a minor league roster extend Rex" angle....

- Geno completed more than 53% of his passes for the first  time in a month

- Geno didn't turn it over for the first time this season

- The running game was good despite a first time starter on the interior of the line

- Cumberland sighting

6) Revis was nothing remotely close to "Revis Island" or 15 mil-a-year of value, he got passed on, repeatedly, by Geno F'ing Smith, and never had a sniff of either an interception or of a "dominant" performance.

I take my positives where I can find them.

This without a doubt was the single saving grace of that game for me.  He is still a very good corner but hardly the force he once was.

None , we lost and in such a way we gave Rex's media army ( carton , sas, Mehta , ray Lucas etc ) plenty of ammunition to pin everything but the Kennedy assassination on Idzik ...we finish 5-11 or 6-10...yes it's possible by the way...and woody will keep Rex bank it.

As well as Geno...Who will continue to show flashes and blow games.

1.  We're competitive even with all the cash yet to be spent this offseason.

2.  We lost, preventing the foolish desire to drive for an 8-8 season.

3.  Revis got beat a few times, but not bad enough to fake an injury as I'd hoped.

He looks very ordinary on the field and really old with that receding hairline.  He is going to pay more $$$ when jooging that young pussy.

We played tough, but are still in the running for good draft position.  Win-win.  This is the precursor of a bad team on the cusp of getting better.  Lose baby lose, but look semi-competent doing it.

Mostro but.....Do you truly believe that THIS draft might matter? I have the terrible feeling that they will NOT look QB. They will force the Geno is much improved line down our throats. 

Mostro but.....Do you truly believe that THIS draft might matter? I have the terrible feeling that they will NOT look QB. They will force the Geno is much improved line down our throats. 

Here's the thing, it's not just about the first round.  Better draft position can result in better players in each and every round.  That's one way we get better.  If we win out, we are just balls deep in our own assholes with middle of the round picks.

I really believe this team is a few players away.  Is Geno the answer?  I don't know yet but I'm not ready to declare he's not.  I'm not saying he'll be the next Peyton Manning but if he can limit the turnovers and use his legs we may have something. Looking ahead to next year is simple.  Get another legit weapon at WR-doesn't need to be Calvin Johnson or Julio Jones just another solid, professional Wide Receiver, looking at the free agent list a guy like Torrey Smith or maybe even Michael Crabtree would be make a world of difference.  Obviously get a CB and here I definitely go the free agency route for a veteran and look to draft someone (anything out of Milliner to this point is a plus).  For the draft, go get a WR in the first round maybe a CB in the second if it's not a reach and then go O-Line.  We may have something in Aboushi which is a plus but the rest of the O-Line is getting old fast and we cannot continue to ignore it.

Here's the thing, it's not just about the first round.  Better draft position can result in better players in each and every round.  That's one way we get better.  If we win out, we are just balls deep in our own assholes with middle of the round picks.

Not disagreeing with you. I simply believe that Idzik is very capable of simply blowing another draft.

Not disagreeing with you. I simply believe that Idzik is very capable of simply blowing another draft.

Oh, he's gotta go too.  Every one of these mutha****ers in the front office and on the sidelines has to go.  "Gotta go!" -- my new mantra.

Finally, a thread where we can focus on the positives.

Big picture: we looked competitive, and we're getting more contributions out of players that are going to be the nucleus of the team moving forward, but we lost because the coach is a moron.

Detail stuff:

1. The Rise of Idzik: The best players on the field last night were Ivory, Decker, and Geno--all Idzik guys. Oday Aboushi showed well in place of Brian Winters. Amaro, despite the drop, is becoming a major player on offense. Even Chris Johnson looked invigorated.

2. Geno Smith has talent, but is an immature man-baby: Playing at New England with the entire world mocking him relentlessly, Geno played perhaps his best end-to-end game as a professional. What's clear about Geno is that he can make every throw and do it accurately (at times), and he has a lot of athleticism to get outside of the pocket. Also, he's shown mental and physical toughness, again, at times. In short, he has all the tools. What he's missing is upstairs, and he probably needs a little time in the cooler to figure things out. He seems to be emotionally immature, and he's still playing a step slow, but I think with some time and proper coaching, he can be a viable starter. That said, Idzik cannot go into 2015 with Geno as his favored #1. They need to bring in a high draft pick (Cook?) and a free agent who can play (Jason Campbell?). Bottom line: Geno isn't a lost cause...yet. 

3. Decker was a good signing, relatively cheap, and we should thank his wife for bringing him here.

4. Folk might be the best kicker in Jets history.

I am really proud of how the Jets played last night.  I dont care if they lost.  This was a great game by Gang Green.  I question the preventative officiating at the end, and Aboushi's holding penalty,  But to hell with that.  Jets jets jets -- forever!  I think this may turn into a very good team next season.

Even your delusional bar keeps dropping lower and lower.  Another nice prediction, Nostradamus.

I am sure you are very happy that your desperate need to be right is satisfied.

The only people supporting you are Pats fans and JETS "fans" who love to be right no matter what happens to the team.

Now GFY!

The NE pass defense is ranked 4th.

Revis had a key 3rd down pass batted away and was inches away from an INT.

For the record, that "key 3rd down batted pass" was as clear cut a case of Defenseive Pass Interference as I've ever seen.

Revis initiated contact early, well before the ball got there, climbed all over the WR's back to get his hands in front, and even then, the drop was as much on the WR as Revis.

Best example of a "name player" getting a preferential non-call a la Dion Sanders as I've seen recently.

Congrats on the #4 Pass D, but Revis was a very average player last night (at least) in no uncertain terms.

No he wasn't Decker dropped it.

Better call the NY media

Revis had a quiet game in the Jets’ heartbreaking 27-25 loss, their sixth straight defeat. Revis gave up catches to Eric Decker that helped the Jets on two scoring drives, had a holding call, but then broke up a key-third down pass to Decker in the fourth quarter.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/myers-john-idzik-decision-pass-darrelle-revis-reunion-jets-looked-worse-article-1.1977619

Finally, a thread where we can focus on the positives.

2. Geno Smith has talent, but is an immature man-baby: Playing at New England with the entire world mocking him relentlessly, Geno played perhaps his best end-to-end game as a professional. What's clear about Geno is that he can make every throw and do it accurately (at times), and he has a lot of athleticism to get outside of the pocket. Also, he's shown mental and physical toughness, again, at times. In short, he has all the tools. What he's missing is upstairs, and he probably needs a little time in the cooler to figure things out. He seems to be emotionally immature, and he's still playing a step slow, but I think with some time and proper coaching, he can be a viable starter. That said, Idzik cannot go into 2015 with Geno as his favored #1. They need to bring in a high draft pick (Cook?) and a free agent who can play (Jason Campbell?). Bottom line: Geno isn't a lost cause...yet. 

Unlike Sanchez, I think the Geno need weapnz people may have a point.  I agree that is a maturity thing.  When your WRs suck sometime you have to hit them in the head with the ball a few times. When Geno has Decker, it appears to be a poor, but functional offense.  Without Decker he curls up in a ball and dies. He seems like he really might have something if they packed the O with some more playmakers.  It's a shame they whiffed so bad on this draft and Hill, but maybe as the year goes on Amaro can fill in for some of the weak ass WR play.  Part of Geno looking good against the Pats is their philosophy - they let you move the ball and wait for you to make a mistake. For the most part Geno didn't, but the O did.  Twice they had huge red zone penalties. I agree it is a mentality thing because he just goes in a shell and flat sucks at times (Chargers, long stretches last year, etc)

For the record, that "key 3rd down batted pass" was as clear cut a case of Defenseive Pass Interference as I've ever seen.

Revis initiated contact early, well before the ball got there, climbed all over the WR's back to get his hands in front, and even then, the drop was as much on the WR as Revis.

Best example of a "name player" getting a preferential non-call a la Dion Sanders as I've seen recently.

Congrats on the #4 Pass D, but Revis was a very average player last night (at least) in no uncertain terms.

I know

Bob Kraft paid off the Refs.

Archived