Potential QB Replacements - 2015 Draft

Latinlawyer

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How come he isn't even listed TS? The guy LOOKS like a pro QB, throws like a pro QB and has that something that just exudes from him...where is he rated?

I am sure this will change by draft time -- the QB pecking order always gets shaken up by then.  I agree, Cook looks like a real deal QB.

I watched, and I saw.  LOL.

Yeah, it seems you are right.  Who he actually reminded me of was Geno Smith at WV.  A lot of screen passes, that go for big gains, and inflat the stats.

What concerned me the most about him was he seems to have slow arm motion.  Just not snapping the ball out.  Not to mention the turn overs.

I'll watch him again this year, and of course in the Bowl game before I kick him under the bus, but so far I agree with your observations..

Thanks for the input

You are correct -- he's got some Geno in him. :-)

I'd draft a stud lt. Sign a lg and get hoyer in the off-season

If we can't get Mariota, this would be my 2nd choice - sign Hoyer and draft Andrus Peat to replace Brick.

I don't know what so many of you see in Cook but I'd stay far away from him. He looked awful against Nebraska and I watched him on-and-off today against Indiana and I wasn't at all impressed. 

If we can't get Mariota, this would be my 2nd choice - sign Hoyer and draft Andrus Peat to replace Brick.

I don't know what so many of you see in Cook but I'd stay far away from him. He looked awful against Nebraska and I watched him on-and-off today against Indiana and I wasn't at all impressed. 

Most people on this board don't even watch college football. They just watch the highlights and proclaim whether or not the guy is a bust.

I still think geno is going to turn around and be a good qb..will he ever be elite probably not but he will be good enough for our team. we have other needs to worry about and I would hate to say it but I think sanchez wasn't nearly as bad as you "jets fans" make him out to be. it seems like a qb has a bad game or two and it fully negates every good thing that they have ever done and half the jets fans are ready to kick him to the curb. it takes time for a qb to develop and if we get a new one every two years which to me it seems like it would be the only way to keep half of you happy then we would just fall into the same problems because young qbs make young qb mistakes that they need to grow out of. sanchez his first two years was not the greatest qb in the league but he brought us to two consecutive afc championship games and yes it was the whole team not just him but when year three came around our offensive line had some issues we lost basically all of our recievers and he didn't look as good as he had in the first two seasons then what happened everyone was screaming for his backups telling him he sucked and that we need a new qb and it was a downward spiral from there. i really wonder if most of you are actually jets fans because when i come onto these forums 90% of what i see is complaining about how terrible the jets are instead of being optimistic about the jets future.

Been asking scouts which QB they like for the Jets. No Winston, Mariota may not fit, Hundley not accurate. The name? Connor Cook of Mich St

http://www.mlive.com/spartans/index.ssf/2014/10/espn_analysts_weigh_in_on_nfl.html

yes, Mariota doesn't fit Mornhinweg's offense but what will that matter next yr? ;)

Want to know who the best college QB's are?  You should start by looking at their QBR ratings.  I think the QBR rating is much better than the much older QB rating.  QBR shows how much influence different QB's have in scoring drives and winning games.  The QBR for an average QB is 50.  Geno Smith's QBR is 32.6 btw.

http://espn.go.com/ncf/qbr

QBR isn't the end all and be all but its a very good starting point when evaluating QB's.

Here's the top 20 (some are underclassmen so won't be eligible for 2015 draft)

1       Marcus Mariota, ORE           89.2

2       Deshaun Watson, CLEM     88.8

3       Blake Sims, ALA                  87.2

4       Dak Prescott, MSST              85.2

5       Taysom Hill, BYU                  85.0

6       Connor Cook, MSU               83.8

7       Kenny Hill, TA&M                  82.5

8       J.T. Barrett, OSU                   82.3

9       Nick Marshall, AUB               82.0

10     Clint Trickett, WVU                81.8

11     Jameis Winston, FSU           81.2

12     Jared Goff, CAL                    81.0

13     Trevor Knight, OKLA             80.2

14     Justin Thomas, GT                79.9

15     Drew Hare, NIU                     79.7

16     Cody Kessler, USC               79.4

17     Mike Bercovici, ASU              79.1

18     Shane Carden, ECU             78.6

19     Gary Nova, RUTG                 76.7

20     Brett Hundley, UCLA             76.5

Want to know who the best college QB's are?  You should start by looking at their QBR ratings.  I think the QBR rating is much better than the much older QB rating.  QBR shows how much influence different QB's have in scoring drives and winning games.  The QBR for an average QB is 50.  Geno Smith's QBR is 32.6 btw.

http://espn.go.com/ncf/qbr

QBR isn't the end all and be all but its a very good starting point when evaluating QB's.

Here's the top 20 (some are underclassmen so won't be eligible for 2015 draft)

1       Marcus Mariota, ORE           89.2

2       Deshaun Watson, CLEM     88.8

3       Blake Sims, ALA                  87.2

4       Dak Prescott, MSST              85.2

5       Taysom Hill, BYU                  85.0

6       Connor Cook, MSU               83.8

7       Kenny Hill, TA&M                  82.5

8       J.T. Barrett, OSU                   82.3

9       Nick Marshall, AUB               82.0

10     Clint Trickett, WVU                81.8

11     Jameis Winston, FSU           81.2

12     Jared Goff, CAL                    81.0

13     Trevor Knight, OKLA             80.2

14     Justin Thomas, GT                79.9

15     Drew Hare, NIU                     79.7

16     Cody Kessler, USC               79.4

17     Mike Bercovici, ASU              79.1

18     Shane Carden, ECU             78.6

19     Gary Nova, RUTG                 76.7

20     Brett Hundley, UCLA             76.5

Besides QBR being pushed mainly by ESPN, do you not see a flaw in comparing the rating of a player in college to that in the pros?  Phillips Rivers has the highest QBR by a solid margin at 87.1....

yes, Mariota doesn't fit Mornhinweg's offense but what will that matter next yr? ;)

OC come and go and really don't seem to matter a whole around here (or there-Jets land) from Hackett to Heimerdinger to Schottenheimer to Sporano to Mornhinweg...no coach can matter unless the QB is a difference maker bro...this Connor Cook, Shane's right he does look like a Rothlisberger and a difference maker

I like Connor Cook more and more. Check this out. He threw an interception then bounced back with a little more aggression in his next drive to throw a 55 yard TD. He finished the game 24-32 322 yds and 3 TD's. He preaches short term memory aand it shows on the field. We are going to be missing out bad if we don't grab him this year.

The QBs that have good potential in the pros are in this order:

1. Hundley

2. Petty

3. Winston

4. Mariota

5. Dude out of Oregon State.

Mannion has not gotten any better.  In fact, in many ways he has regressed this season.  He still puts up numbers against weaker teams but has been a mess in the pocket when there is pressure.  He may or may not be a project -- definitely not a franchise or solid developmental QB at this point.  And this is coming from a guy who was on the Mannion bus last year.

If TCU runs the rest of the table and they get into the playoffs look for their QB Trevone Boykin to be in the heisman mix and maybe coming out although I hope he stays. Dude is a stud, simular to Mariota with a better arm and faster feet. Watch his tape from this year.

please list 40 bad games that sanchez played for the jets or 40 that geno played for the jets. (geno will be hard seeing as he hasn't played 40 games for us yet and has had some good ones mixed in there as well)

Mostly all of Sanchez career was horrible aside from a few decent showings. And no one brought up Geno.

Archived