Rudy Giuliani: Blame Players, Not Rex

flgreen

Rudy Giuliani tells TMZ: Blame the NY Jets' woes on the players, not Rex Ryan

BY JUSTIN TASCH    NEW YORK DAILY NEWS Friday, October 17, 2014, 11:52 AM 

Rex Ryan has support of ex-NYC mayor Rudy Giuliani, but it might not be enough to save his job.

The Jets’ miserable season only got worse with a 27-25 loss to New England in Foxborough Thursday night.

Now at 1-6, Rex Ryan’s tenure with Gang Green appears to be coming to a close, but former New York mayor Rudy Giuliani is a Ryan defender, pointing the finger at the guys on the field.

“A lot of this has to do with the ballplayers you have,” Giuliani told TMZ Sports in Los Angeles when asked if Ryan should be fired. “Rex I think is a very good coach. Let’s see what happens.”

Giuliani proclaims he’s an “out of control” Giants fan, but also likes the Jets.

He also said he’d take Eli Manning over his brother Peyton. “I love Eli, and I believe in Eli,” he said.

Like on 9/11, when Rudy saved the world from terrorism, on 9/11, and then on 9/11, when he was America. 

More importantly he deserves a sh*t ton of credit for cleaning up New York City but still, he should keep his opinions on football to himself. Or come up with a fake username on Jet Nation and spew. 

My greatest fear is coming to fruition. The NY sports media and prominent NY personalities are circling the wagons to try and save Rex's job, and contrary to popular opinion, I think (regardless of record) they very well may succeed.

Rudy is going to have some sway with Woody, due to political affiliations and such I'd imagine.

Archived