percy harvin traded to jets (MERGED)

drsamuel84

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From @RapSheet: Harvin not the easiest player to deal with in locker room. OC Bevell struggled to integrate him into game plans.

Aren't good coaches supposed to fit their best offensive talent into their system and not the other way around?  The dude was basically their entire offense in the super bowl, he's that talented.  If we traded a player because he didn't fit our system, this place we be going bonkers.

Idzik is a clown. This is a desperation move, clear as day. He wouldn't spend a penny when we had plenty of talent out there to secure. Wouldn't trade away 12 draft picks. Instead he blows the draft.. again. And now he trades away two solid picks for a guy no one wants and can't stay on the field. This is unbelievable to me.

I guess its two less picks Idzik can miss on.

Suspect lagging tciket sales are also an issue. The "green" commercials aren'r running every 5 minues any more but there is this. Must've been way easier when there were no PSLs and a full old stafium.

Cheer On the Jets at MetLife Stadium!

One Face Value Ticket With Choice of Complimentary $10 or $20 Food and Beverage Card

Purchase Four or More Tickets and Receive a Premium Parking Pass (a $35 Value)

Sunday, October 26: New York Jets vs. Buffalo Bills (1 p.m.)

$105 for one face value 300-Level ticket + $20 food and beverage card

Monday, December 1: New York Jets vs. Miami Dolphins (8:30 p.m.)

$50 for one face value 300-Level ticket + $10 food and beverage card

$105 for one face value 300-Level ticket + $20 food and beverage card

view deal

Aren't good coaches supposed to fit their best offensive talent into their system and not the other way around?  The dude was basically their entire offense in the super bowl, he's that talented.  If we traded a player because he didn't fit our system, this place we be going bonkers.

I think he is politely saying that harvin is a prima donna a$$hole

When you draft poorly you end up dealing for other people's problem children.

Wonder if this is Johnson telling Idzik to give the offense a weapon trying to save his buddy Rex's job with a late season run.

Does take the whole he needs weaapons escusae of the table for Smith. But this undercurrent athat Smith played great is laugable. He had great run supportand still was barely adequate and was awful down the stretch with the game there for the taking again.

There are now more questiosn than ever.

If you're gonna trade for possibly damaged goods, start checking out RG3's medical reports.

Personally, I think this trade is about Geno. Woody doesn't need a conspiracy to save Rex, he's the owner.

Anyway, I think the entire "brain trust" (LOL) is thinking they can't even truly evaluate Geno with the sh*t they surrounded him with. Give him 2 legit WR, Amaro and Kerley, a running game and then really look at what you've got... because you damn sure better know next year if you need a QB or not. Geno is a better QB when Decker is on the field, and the staff has to be thinking "what is Geno's ceiling if we give him more than Decker?"

This is a relatively conservative deal. It's timing is odd when you consider our record, however, given what we gave up it's a pretty well-insulated move in order to get a playmaker here that can help with the evaluation process as well as the future.

I just wish we traded the 4th we used this year on Saunders and not next year's. ;) LOL

He had one catch for 5 yards 2 runs for 45.    He did have kick return for a TD though.

Not sure that was their whole offense.

Also think during the reg season he only had one catch.  Had a damaged hip  

I think he is politely saying that harvin is a prima donna a$$hole

His personality didn't suddenly change over night and wasn't at all reported when he was dominating in the super bowl.  People like to be relevant when big names get traded and this is all that it is.  Dez Bryant is beyond a prima donna, but every single team would kill to sign him.  So long as he's not leaving the huddle like Santonio, if he helps win us games, I don't particularly care if he's weird or untrusting. 

So, goodbye nelson?

Yes, perhaps this year.

Next year, goodbye Kerley. I believe his contract is up, and now for the cost of a conditional 4th, we have a veteran replacement for him that has a MUCH higher ceiling.

Use FA or the draft to get another outside WR and you are looking at Decker, maybe Amari Cooper, Harvin as our starting 3, with Amaro at TE. No weapon shortage at all. 

His personality didn't suddenly change over night and wasn't at all reported when he was dominating in the super bowl.  People like to be relevant when big names get traded and this is all that it is.  Dez Bryant is beyond a prima donna, but every single team would kill to sign him.  So long as he's not leaving the huddle like Santonio, if he helps win us games, I don't particularly care if he's weird or untrusting.

Im with you brother. I would sign Hitler if he ran a 4.4 and had good hands.

There's a difference between being a WR that wants the ball and needs some attention, and being Holmes who literally usurped Sanchez and Rex and derailed any lockerroom chemistry we had at the time.

He had one catch for 5 yards 2 runs for 45.    He did have kick return for a TD though.

Not sure that was their whole offense.

Also think during the reg season he only had one catch.  Had a damaged hip  

Didn't remember the stats specifically, thought it was more convincing, but I just remember the impact he had in the beginning of the game was quite noticeable.  Regardless, I think he's a phenomenal talent and pretty excited that he's a Jet.  He's not going to turn the season around, but he, Decker and Amaro are three nice pieces to build an offense around.

Im with you brother. I would sign Hitler if he ran a 4.4 and had good hands.

It sucks we're 1-6 and most likely won't make any noise this year, but it would be nice to see Geno continue to build on last night for the next half of the season.  I'm not going to hold my breath, but if you can go into the off-season with your QB, two WRs and TE in place, you can certainly attract someone like Haurbaugh etc.

Yes, perhaps this year.

Next year, goodbye Kerley. I believe his contract is up, and now for the cost of a conditional 4th, we have a veteran replacement for him that has a MUCH higher ceiling.

Use FA or the draft to get another outside WR and you are looking at Decker, maybe Amari Cooper, Harvin as our starting 3, with Amaro at TE. No weapon shortage at all. 

I think we re-sign Kerley and do all this stuff anyway.

Report: Percy Harvin punched teammate, was poison in Seahawks locker room

By Tim Weaver

October 17, 2014 4:26 pm PDT  

The sports world is still reeling from today’s news that the Seattle Seahawks have traded wide receiver and kick returner Percy Harvin to the New York Jets for a conditional draft pick. Now that more reports have been coming in we have a better idea of exactly what went wrong between Harvin and the ‘Hawks.

According to Lance Zierlein of Rotoworld, Harvin’s anger issues followed him from Minnesota and he got into multiple confrontations with his Seattle teammates, and he even punched Golden Tate and gave him a black eye:

The Seahawks have since come out and admitted that they couldn’t fit with Harvin. However, not everyone is happy about it. Cliff Avril and Marshawn Lynch in particular have voiced their surprise and dismay:

Pro Football Talk also mentioned a disconnect between Russell Wilson and Harvin over his not getting enough touches on offense.

It sounds like Harvin created a real rift in the locker room in a short time. If that’s the case then I definitely understand now why he had to go. Crazy.

If I’ve said it once I’ve said it a dozen times, culture and chemistry are paramount to this team and no matter how talented you are they will not hesitate to cut ties if they feel you’re bringing the group dynamic down.

Kudos to John Schneider and Pete Carroll for rooting out the cancer before it killed the team, but I still wish they could have gotten more in return.

I was told “Harvin’s anger issues are just too much to deal with and he could single handedly bring down team chemistry”. Wow. Unreal.

History of confrontations w/ teammates contd in SEA according to my guy including punching G Tate during SB week & near fight w/ #3 in ‘14

Archived