percy harvin traded to jets (MERGED)

drsamuel84

Stoicsentry pacing through his living room, his hands stroking what's left of his hair, trying to understand why he's so angry and so joyful all at once, pondering how the heart can feels so many things, so ardently, simultaneously.

I wanna hear more about his contract status, but so far there's no conflicting feelings. It might prove to be the right move but as it stands I don't like the move at all. Idzik waits until week 8 to acquire another receiver when we've needed that since March. He also makes sure that it's the most injury prone one he can find.... because it's not like that's backfired for him so far.

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stoicsentry pacing through his living room, his hands stroking what's left of his hair, trying to understand why he's so angry and so joyful all at once, pondering how the heart can feels so many things, so ardently, simultaneously.

So creepy.  Repped. 

I wanna hear more about his contract status, but so far there's no conflicting feelings. It might prove to be the right move but as it stands I don't like the move at all. Idzik waits until week 8 to acquire another receiver when we've needed that since March. He also makes sure that it's the most injury prone one he can find.... because it's not like that's backfired for him so far.

This is your DJax signing, you ingrate.

****in cheapass Izdick

clearly feeling the heat. 

as someone else posted in the thread, this doesn't really count as a big money move. 

The Jets do have 7 divisional games left, all easier than last night's at least on paper.  

Idzik did make an awesome move getting Ivory for a similar price. Gotta give him credit for that. 

Harvin was questionable for this week but it doesn't sound like a serious injury. He could actually contribute this year.

Why make this move? Cause winning football games is better than losing football games. 

the reason for this is because Geno looked pretty f-in good last night which has idzik scratching his head thinking sh*it, i thought this guy sucks, then he goes out and has a great game against a good defense and puts his team in position to win the game

Idzick is trying to figure out whether or not he needs to get a qb next year, the thought process being maybe if we add some offensive weaponry he will look even better

the reason for this is because Geno looked pretty f-in good last night which has idzik scratching his head thinking sh*it, i thought this guy sucks, then he goes out and has a great game against a good defense and puts his team in position to win the game

Idzick is trying to figure out whether or not he needs to get a qb next year, the thought process being maybe if we add some offensive weaponry he will look even better

Could be, or the Green Bay game convinced him the team is farther along than he suspected.

Not sure why so many folks seem convinced this deal was even on the table weeks ago. In all likelihood this is the first point that Seattle had decided they were willing to move Harvin. Hell, Idzik was probably their first call. Doesn't necessarily make it a good move, but just saying.

he was questionable this week with a thigh they were sick of his durability. He also has a history of migraines which no team wants to deal with as they are one of medical science's few remaining mysteries. 

Worst case scenario: Harvin is a malingering a-hole that Carroll wanted to make an example out of to snap his team out of their Super Bowl malaise.

Best case scenario: Harvin was tying up a lot of money, Richardson is healthy and ready to take his job on the cheap, and Schneider wanted to get something for Harvin while he still could.

Probably something dead in the middle.

I'm all in on the worst case scenario.

Harvin is an injury prone, diva of a wide receiver. He also isn't a traditional WR, he requires a ton of coaching attention in terms of play design.

BTW, Carroll absolutely loved Harvin. Tried to recruit him at USC, gave up a fair bit to bring him over and made every attempt to get him involved.

So if Carroll - of all people - is kicking him to the curb, something must be seriously wrong. My guess; conflict with the coaches, whining about not getting the ball enough, and a general consensus that that designing specific plays for him was undermining the run game. He also had too big a contract, and maybe they finally got a ballpark figure in mind for Russell Wilson's new deal.

Either way, the bottom line is that HARVIN IS DAMAGED GOODS.

Between him and Chris Johnson, the coaches are gonna have their hands full big time.

he was questionable this week with a thigh they were sick of his durability. He also has a history of migraines which no team wants to deal with as they are one of medical science's few remaining mysteries. 

Idzik is seeing his Dee Milliner and Dexter McDougle and raising himself a Percy Harvin. He's a gambler. A gambler that loses far more often than he wins. He wants more and more injury prone players. This idiot just can't get enough of the rush he gets from trying (and typically failing) to out think other GMs. The sooner he's gone, the better.

Archived