Harvin excited to be a Jet!!!

pointman

No matter how you toss and turn it it's $7mm less they can spend next year for a 9 game rental on a 1-6 team. this was strictly a PR move and nothing more - and it seems to be working with most fans...so good move Woody, I guess.

I don't think Woody Johnson knows who Harvin is. This deal was Idzik and Schneider. Harvin gets a tryout here for two+ months. So what? They weren't going to spend $57 mil next year anyway

I don't think Woody Johnson knows who Harvin is. This deal was Idzik and Schneider. Harvin gets a tryout here for two+ months. So what? They weren't going to spend $57 mil next year anyway

Woody knows enough to tell him to do something and get the heat off the team for not spending.  And yes, maybe they would spend the entire $57mm  next year - otherwise they can roll that over...Point is, it's a waste of $7mm this year if you don't keep him.  

It's a real issue and to not look at the $7mm as a serious cost for this deal is simply wrong.  The $7mm is way more valuable than the 6th or even 4th round draft pick.

No matter how you toss and turn it it's $7mm less they can spend next year for a 9 game rental on a 1-6 team.  this was strictly a PR move and nothing more - and it seems to be working with most fans...so good move Woody, I guess.

We can also restructure his contract. Even if he's not on the team in 2015, there will be no excuses for Geno. Either he can play and is part of the long term, or hes not. pretty valuable information for only a 6th rounder. Albeit lost cap space for next year, but we'll still have more than enough.

What do you expect him to say?

He's going from a Super Bowl winning team with a great QB to a 1-6 team with the worst starting QB in the NFL.

What is there to be excited about?

how can the past* beat a good team in december ?  no run defense and no deep passing threat

I can sense your bitterness

harvin should have been a cheatah

We can also restructure his contract. Even if he's not on the team in 2015, there will be no excuses for Geno. Either he can play and is part of the long term, or hes not. pretty valuable information for only a 6th rounder. Albeit lost cap space for next year, but we'll still have more than enough.

Fair enough.  The hope is he they find a way to restructure in the $5mm a year range.  I like the deal then, but as a 9 game rental I'm not buying it...

And as for the Geno excuses, I say excuses for who? The media, press and fans - maybe - but any GM, OC or HC in the NFL should be able to use the two seasons of tape on Geno (with or without Harvin) and determine his ability to be a NFL caliber starting QB.  

harvin should have been a cheatah

They just said on NFL Today that Harvin has had 7 altercations with teammates and refused to go into the game last week.

Yea, a quality team mate like that would be a great fit on the Pats.

They also said the Seahawks offered him up to all NFL teams and the Jets were the only ones interested.

They just said on NFL Today that Harvin has had 7 altercations with teammates and refused to go into the game last week.

They also said the Seahawks offered him up to all NFL teams and the Jets were the only ones interested.

Aaron Hernandez was a great fit.

lets see.  the past* players "accomplishments"

murder

rape

steroids

DUI

domestic violence

being voted dirtiest player in the league

I think he would be one of the nicer past* players tbh

and you don't really believe anything you hear after a trade goes down, do you ?   silly boy

There was also interest from the Bengals and two other teams that escape me.

The guy has four years, $40M left on his contract, and just discovered he's worth a conditional 6th round pick on the trade market. That doesn't translate well to the potential free agent market (see: Holmes, Santonio). His best hope for seeing that money -or anything close to it- is probably getting from the Jets. At a bare minimum, he needs to be an impeccably good soldier if he's gonna get a payday should the Jets decide to cut him.

this is very true but with the stupid that is the NFL WR anything is possible

That and the fact its the Jets we're talking about here as well

So what who cares what the NFL Today says worry about the Patriots

Bleh. Not a whole helluva lot different than the stories surrounding Randy Moss when the Pats picked him up. If there's any truth to the whole Patriot way BS, Harvin would've been a huge addition. And I suspect you know that.

It's OK some want Harbaugh coaching this team too.

“All I am is I’m moving forward,” Harvin said. “I’m leaving what’s in the past in the past…I’m definitely not a perfect person. I have a lot of things I wish I would have done a little differently. I’m moving forward. I’m learning from those lessons.”

He discussed getting a fresh start and playing for the Jets.

“It’s definitely a place I want to be for a long time,” he said. “I just feel good here. I feel welcome. I’m ready to go.”

And even though he’s only known head coach Rex Ryan for a handful of hours, Harvin really likes him.

“I love him,” he said. “Love him, love him.” 

http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/percy_harvin_im_not_a_perfect_person/17531942?linksrc=story_team_new_york_jets_auto_module_head_17531942

Fair enough.  The hope is he they find a way to restructure in the $5mm a year range.  I like the deal then, but as a 9 game rental I'm not buying it...

And as for the Geno excuses, I say excuses for who? The media, press and fans - maybe - but any GM, OC or HC in the NFL should be able to use the two seasons of tape on Geno (with or without Harvin) and determine his ability to be a NFL caliber starting QB.  

lol @ $5m a year. why would he agree to that? if idzik offers him $5m, he says no thanks pay me my 10 or cut me. he will get more on the open market.

Archived