Rex just handed great opportunity - he can coach-up a malcontented Harvin

NJ

Holmes didn't turn into a waste of space until later. He was awesome for us for a bit. Hope we can get that much and more from Harvin. Harvin, our best WR since Keyshawn?

No doubt dude - off the charts talent.

But as much as I hate Cheaty Petey - is is a pretty damn good players coach and that relationship didn't get him squared away.

Kind of a shame that Rex might be looked at in lame duck mode and he won't really have a chance to coach this guy from a position of respect and authority.

His last coach won a superbowl and he apparently didn't give a sh1t about that.

Holmes didn't turn into a waste of space until later. He was awesome for us for a bit. Hope we can get that much and more from Harvin. Harvin, our best WR since Keyshawn?

Holmes didn't turn into waste of space till he go his BIG contract with guarantees. Til he was on a tight leash that one season where he played 12 games he was model citizen. He was a smart and calculating about when he could be an a-hole.

Harvin acted out with 4 years left on his contract and no guarantees. I am not sure about his background  but if i am Idzik and I really want this to succeed I am hiring a therapist that can help Harvin with behavioral issues he has. Cowboys did the same with Dez Bryant who had behavioral issues because of a very difficult childhood.

I want to feel good about this ... then I remember the last mope we of this magnitude he made a Captain.

every Jets fan has to feel good about this. Percy Harvin is the better than any WR not named Decker on the football team, and he's more versatile than Decker in regards to how he can be used. The move is an immediate upgrade in numerous places (WR and Special Teams). And its a safer play than the signing of Desean Jackson that people have already compared it to. 

My only concern is how many weeks will it take for Harvin to really be an impact on offense on a per-play basis. Yes he will have design packages just given his skill set, but the Jets need someone who can compliment Decker and Amaro on every play. One thing that I can say is that we now have the deep threat replacement that Stephen Hill should have been. Mix that with his skill set and Decker and Amaro should also get more opportunity. 

every Jets fan has to feel good about this. Percy Harvin is the better than any WR not named Decker on the football team, and he's more versatile than Decker in regards to how he can be used. The move is an immediate upgrade in numerous places (WR and Special Teams). And its a safer play than the signing of Desean Jackson that people have already compared it to. 

My only concern is how many weeks will it take for Harvin to really be an impact on offense on a per-play basis. Yes he will have design packages just given his skill set, but the Jets need someone who can compliment Decker and Amaro on every play. One thing that I can say is that we now have the deep threat replacement that Stephen Hill should have been. Mix that with his skill set and Decker and Amaro should also get more opportunity. 

You misunderstood my statement, bro.

I'm giddy that we got this opportunity - we have next to no downside and acres of upside here.

I just question Rex's ability to deal with a diva on the higher end of that scale - especially as he could be looked at by Harvin as a lame duck coach.

The guys that want to play and be "in the trench's" guys all love Rex - history isn't on his side with problem children.

Honestly, I don't really give much of a crap right now if he's a cancer. David Nelson seems like a nice guy but he did jack sh*t for our offense. That sh*t is only really relevant if they tear up his deal and load it with guaranteed money. Otherwise he can just be cut after this year.

The only relevant concern is whether he'll be healthy enough to play.

Holmes didn't turn into waste of space till he go his BIG contract with guarantees. Til he was on a tight leash that one season where he played 12 games he was model citizen. He was a smart and calculating about when he could be an a-hole.

Harvin acted out with 4 years left on his contract and no guarantees. I am not sure about his background  but if i am Idzik and I really want this to succeed I am hiring a therapist that can help Harvin with behavioral issues he has. Cowboys did the same with Dez Bryant who had behavioral issues because of a very difficult childhood.

No, i think Santonio was always a piece of s##t. Let's not forget, he was the superbowl mvp for the steelers and they really wanted nothing to do with him.

Before yesterday I've never heard a bad thing about Harvin. Don't know how much I believe all of this locker room cancer talk.

There has to be some amount of truth to it for the Hawks to send him out for a 3rd day pick.

But he was a noble citizen with the JETS till he got his HUGE contract.

True. If he hadn't been, we wouldn't have signed him via FA, although I always wanted Braylon to be our guy. Speaking of which, Braylon wasn't a pain in the ass here. He too played with great respect for Rex n never turned in to a diva that he was back in Cleveland.

You misunderstood my statement, bro.

I'm giddy that we got this opportunity - we have next to no downside and acres of upside here.

I just question Rex's ability to deal with a diva on the higher end of that scale - especially as he could be looked at by Harvin as a lame duck coach.

The guys that want to play and be "in the trench's" guys all love Rex - history isn't on his side with problem children.

I don't necessarily agree with ur last statement. Jets never had a respect issue with Holmes until AFTER the big contract. And we never had an issue with Braylon. Period. Not a respect issue as I mentioned above.

But all that is irrelevant with Percy. His situation is sort of unique. Monsterous contract, but zero guarantees. Hopefully he's smart enough to want to keep that deal.

Before yesterday I've never heard a bad thing about Harvin. Don't know how much I believe all of this locker room cancer talk. 

Apparently, some of his teammates like cancer.

The New York Daily News' Manish Mehta reported Marshawn Lynch "almost did not get on the bus" after learning of the Percy Harvin trade.
The team was informed of the Harvin trade before boarding a bus to the airport for Sunday's game at Saint Louis. Lynch reportedly "went off" before almost not boarding the bus. Lynch, Cliff Avril and Bruce Irvin also voiced displeasure about the move on Twitter. The Seahawks hoped shifting Harvin would remedy issues that had been developing in the locker room, but it appears the trade may have initially done more harm than good. Lynch is still likely to play against the Rams this weekend. Oct 18 - 11:27 AM

Apparently, some of his teammates like cancer.

The New York Daily News' Manish Mehta reported Marshawn Lynch "almost did not get on the bus" after learning of the Percy Harvin trade.
The team was informed of the Harvin trade before boarding a bus to the airport for Sunday's game at Saint Louis. Lynch reportedly "went off" before almost not boarding the bus. Lynch, Cliff Avril and Bruce Irvin also voiced displeasure about the move on Twitter. The Seahawks hoped shifting Harvin would remedy issues that had been developing in the locker room, but it appears the trade may have initially done more harm than good. Lynch is still likely to play against the Rams this weekend. Oct 18 - 11:27 AM

FVCK the media and the blatant lies they wanna make up when it comes to anything Jets related.

These scumbags are clearly being paid commissions to trash anything and everything about the Jets by someone.

Could be Pasts* money or could be Giants money, but something is definitely going on there.

True. If he hadn't been, we wouldn't have signed him via FA, although I always wanted Braylon to be our guy. Speaking of which, Braylon wasn't a pain in the ass here. He too played with great respect for Rex n never turned in to a diva that he was back in Cleveland.

Braylon was just immature and with the JETS he seemed to mature.

There has to be some amount of truth to it for the Hawks to send him out for a 3rd day pick.

I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the contract he's tied to, no one really believes now that he's worth 10 mil next year. They were going to cut him so they got something for him instead.

I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the contract he's tied to, no one really believes now that he's worth 10 mil next year. They were going to cut him so they got something for him instead.

That's the thing. Cutting him wasn't going to save them a dime. His salary was guaranteed. They wanted him off the team n were willing to pay him his guaranteed salary.

Archived