WR Draft Prospects

CobraVerde

right now i wouldn't be looking to hard into any potential first round wr's as the odds of us drafting one are not good. the guy i would love to see us draft is gurley to pair up with ivory but even that i don't think will happen. i think we either go defense or oline in round 1 but hey a lot can happen by draft time

By the time we get to April, I think a lot of us will be comparing this year's receiving class with last years.  There are probably 10 potential 1st or 2nd round WR including Amari Cooper, Sammy Coates, Dorial Green-Beckham, Kevin White, & Jaelen Strong who might all receive first round consideration.

The guy I really like after Cooper is Strong out of Arizona State.  Big strong kid who reminds me a lot of Brandon Marshall -- runs good routes, has strong hands and really knows how to attack the ball.  Put him on the outside with Decker and Harvin in the slot, and we would have a really nice set of receivers.

One guy that I like a lot is Devnante Parker from Louisville.  He has the size, speed, production, and good hands.  I believe he was a former basketball player as well, so he does well at high pointing the ball.  He has a legit chance to drop into the second/third round range because of a leg injury this year, but I think he's going to be a stud at the combine.  He would be my target in the second round if White is gone.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ty Montgomery looks legit, but he probably has small hands.  

Davante Parker looks exciting.

Dorial Green-Beckham is a monster.

Kevin White probably has the fastest start-up of them all, he starts off the line in third gear going 60. 

Stefon Diggs could replace Harvin if his kidney injury improves.  

This could be the best WR draft in a long time, this last year included. 

Ty Montgomery looks legit, but he probably has small hands.  

Davante Parker looks exciting.

Dorial Green-Beckham is a monster.

Kevin White probably has the fastest start-up of them all, he starts off the line in third gear going 60. 

Stefon Diggs could replace Harvin if his kidney injury improves.  

This could be the best WR draft in a long time, this last year included. 

Maybe not as much depth as last year, but the group at the top definitely compares well with last year's group.  I would add guys like Cooper, Jaelen Strong, Devin Funchess and even USC's Nelson Agholor to your list and that it a really nice group of WRs for the first 2 or 3 rounds.  

Maybe not as much depth as last year, but the group at the top definitely compares well with last year's group.  I would add guys like Cooper, Jaelen Strong, Devin Funchess and even USC's Nelson Agholor to your list and that it a really nice group of WRs for the first 2 or 3 rounds.

I think this group is almost as good as last year. Last year there was 3 or 4guys with a 1st rnd greade this year I can think of about5 or 6

• 1 month later...

@BruceFeldmanCFB: Bob Stoops said Dorial Green Beckham informed him a week ago that he intends to enter the NFL draft.

I wouldn't want to use a first on this guy. 3rd at the earliest. Hasn't played in a long time and has tons of character issues. Probably end up to be the next Gordon or Blackmon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't want to use a first on this guy. 3rd at the earliest. Hasn't played in a long time and has tons of character issues. Probably end up to be the next Gordon or Blackmon.

Agree. History seems to show those with character flags usually continue to have issues in the NFL.

I'll take all 3... You can have Kerley and Eddie Royal. I hear they walk their grandmas to church in the offseason. 

See how he interviews. Dez Bryant missed a season and had character concerns, that one worked out. Maybe he learned from his mistake and the issues just stemmed from immaturity. No known issues at Oklahoma this past season, and he's an absolute freak. I wouldn't use the #6 overall pick on him, but if he's there in the second...

I would take DGB in the third, maybe second I guess if we were desperate, but I wouldn't touch him in the first.  It's not really just the character concerns, but I was concerned about his production as well.  The Missiouri team was a high flying offense, yet he wasn't nearly as effective as someone with his abilities should have been.  I heard a report today (I believe on BR) that said scouts were worried about his build, that he was too lanky and a finesse player.  He needs to put on weight and get more explosion before he reaches his ceiling.  So I think there are some concerns about his on the field talent as well, coupled that with his off the field issues, makes me want to stay away in the first.  

Archived