Does anyone have the gut feeling that...

Shadetree

Yes I do , I've been saying it, whether you agree or disagree Rex should come back ( I think he should be gone btw) I think the writing on the wall is starting to say he is coming back, and we're going to win a few games here coming up which will give the media more ammunition to push woody into keeping him.

...Rex and Idyzik both stay?

I'm starting to feel they'll BOTH survive. This 2014 season has been the most confusing season I've ever had as a fan.

...except for the bacon flavored Ritz, of course.

I would say there is a better chance they both stay, than they both get fired.

I think the first magic number is 7. If they get 7 wins, I think they are both staying. While it would make me very unhappy, it would mean they went 6-3 in there last 9, and while it would be against a very weak schedule, I think they would both survive.

I think less than 7, and likely Rex gets fired.

While I would like to see a complete house cleaning, I think the Jets would need to go something like 3-13 for both to get fired, which I think is highly unlikely given their schedule.

I think 6-3 is very possible for this team. I could see them losing one of the Chiefs/Steelers games, one Miami game, and the Pats game, and winning the rest.

I've flip-flopped so many times on Rex this year its ridiculous, irrational, and ulcer-producing. Up until this year, I was pretty much a Rex supporter. Now, I just find myself flip flipping from week to week.

I'm feeling like he CAN survive. He's had a sh*t roster and a sh*t QB.

I think I can live with any Rex-iydzik scenario but EVERY scenario leaves me in the same confused state about my team. The off season will be filled with angst more than any I can remember.

...Rex and Idyzik both stay?

I'm starting to feel they'll BOTH survive. This 2014 season has been the most confusing season I've ever had as a fan.

...except for the bacon flavored Ritz, of course.

Even worse, Geno is going to have a few mediocre to good games now that we are going to play crappy teams and he will be here at least one more season passing up on a chance to draft or develop a real QB. 

never underestimate the power of the paper bags.   4 years of no playoffs and an empty / paper bag filled stadium will seal Rex's fate.  

Idzik will get a chance to make his case to woody.   I think it comes down to how much Idzik is owed if he's fired and who Woody thinks he can get as a replacement.   Idzik has literally done nothing to earn a 3rd season.  

never underestimate the power of the paper bags.   4 years of no playoffs and an empty / paper bag filled stadium will seal Rex's fate.  

Idzik will get a chance to make his case to woody.   I think it comes down to how much Idzik is owed if he's fired and who Woody thinks he can get as a replacement.   Idzik has literally done nothing to earn a 3rd season.  

Completely agree. Amen!

Even worse, Geno is going to have a few mediocre to good games now that we are going to play crappy teams and he will be here at least one more season passing up on a chance to draft or develop a real QB.

oh God your right..imagine? This may very well happen

This coming from a Rex guy: it's time to move on.

No. Nyet

I agree completely -- I have been ready to move on from Rex for several years now.  I was ready to move on at the end of the 2011 season when we lost 3 straight to close out the season and he appeared to have lost touch with his locker room.  I was ready to move on after the Sparano/Tebow 2012 season when Mike T was fired.  I was ready to move on after the three game losing streak last November -- the 7th 3 game losing streak in Rex's four year career to that point.  Winning 3 out of 4 meaningless December games did not erase the stench of that 3 game stretch against Buf, Balt & Mia in my mind.  And I am ready to move on now.

However, I agree with OP.  Rex seems to have 9 lives and he has not used them all yet.  I am beginning to think he and Idzik will both be back for another year.

I've flip-flopped so many times on Rex this year its ridiculous, irrational, and ulcer-producing. Up until this year, I was pretty much a Rex supporter. Now, I just find myself flip flipping from week to week.

I'm feeling like he CAN survive. He's had a sh*t roster and a sh*t QB.

I think I can live with any Rex-iydzik scenario but EVERY scenario leaves me in the same confused state about my team. The off season will be filled with angst more than any I can remember.

More times than there are threads about it?

If harvin and geno start clicking and harvin doesnt go turd in the locker room, rex is coming back. Idzik wont risk it if there is something special forming and he has rex on the type of contract he loves: basically a year to year deal with no guaranteed money.

That said odds are low that geno can properly utilize harvin so yeah, rex is toast ;)

I've changed my view on Rex.  I think he needs to go.  This stretch of schedule we've been through has been brutal, but we still should come out of it better than 1-6.  At least another game or two should have been wins.  

It would take a dramatic improvement to change my mind. Win out, or go 9-7 to make a Wild Card.  Going 7-9 or 8-8 against weaker competition isn't going to convince me.

Idzik isn't going anywhere, no matter how hard Lionel Richie hopes for it.

Yes, integrity, probably more times than there are threads about it, you effin wise ass. Ha!!

This year has the vibe that he's absolutely gone, then the harvin pick up and Geno's sh*t play, and the lack of horses has me feeling that the organization might be leaning towards keeping both HC and GM. Every article, announcer, sportscenter, NFL total access blow hard I read or hear says, " hey, this ain't Rex's fault."

Now I can't decide if keeping both is a good thing or bad thing. I've grown tired of thinking that whatever this orginazation decides, it won't end well. I'm in my 40s and I'm sick of the misery.

I want start a thread saying "This ----- needs to go!" But I'd only half believe it.

The ramifications of this year, next year, two years....jeez even LAST year reverberate over all that I think...and I always think,"It's just gonna lead to another outcry for 'change'" it's unbearable rooting for this team....sometimes I feel like throwing a dartboard at a list of all teams and just adopt the team the dart lands on...being a fan of the dart-team COULDN'T , JUST COULDN'T, be worse than another decade of the Jets.

never underestimate the power of the paper bags. 4 years of no playoffs and an empty / paper bag filled stadium will seal Rex's fate.

Idzik will get a chance to make his case to woody. I think it comes down to how much Idzik is owed if he's fired and who Woody thinks he can get as a replacement. Idzik has literally done nothing to earn a 3rd season.

Only thing working in Idziks favor is how well Geno performs with two legit wideouts. Geno looked decent in the last game without Harvin. I think Geno has all the tools in place to win and will win. Don't be surprised if Hets end up 8-8 or even 9-7 if Geno can develop a nice chemistry with Harvin real quick.

At 9-7, you can forget about losing the coach or GM. Not even at 8-8. At 7-9 n you're looking at some slippery slope. Only thing that will save their jobs at 6-10 is Geno showing a lot of promise with Harvin in the game and a brighter future.

Hunch? They both stay while Jets go 8-8. I do want the scouting department to be ripped apart. Not sure why they don't get any blame around here. They are the ones advising the HC n GM with their opinions.

Hunch? They both stay while Jets go 8-8. I do want the scouting department to be ripped apart. Not sure why they don't get any blame around here. They are the ones advising the HC n GM with their opinions.

HOLY CRAP THE SCOUTING DEPT MUST BE SHREDDED....I agree. Has any team had this many picks not contribute? Ever!?!? Jeez they're awful.

Ever see NFL NETWORKS awesome show 'Finding Giants'? It's cool show about giants scouts.

They should do the same thing for the Jets...they'd probably film scouts sleeping for 14 hours a day, getting drunk at the airport for 5 hrs, then watching a couple of big 10 games at a Hooters.

I would be very happy with a complete revamping of scouting that for sure. Anybody have a quote from iydzik as to why he retained the scouts when he was hired? Is that common? Wouldn't you think if Rex stays, at the very least Idyzick should blow up other parts of player personnel dept??

Nope. No.

No. Nyet

I recall this same level of confidence last year, too. Lol. He'll be the same coach if the Jets finish the season 7-2, but sentiments about him will start to shift with a finish that strong. Whether that will be enough? I don't know. It's not written in stone yet, though.

Here's one thing I do not flip flop on... Geno needs to go.

Trading for Harvin at 1-6 is a curious move. I think it's an admission by the GM that he didn't do enough at the position in the offseason, and that it's as much about seeing what Geno can do with a competent WR corps, as what Rex can do with a fuller cupboard.

Agreed. If this doesn't play out, Jets home games will be a ghost town next year.

How come?  Playing against the best teams in the NFL, The Jets had been in every game with a good chance to win it all, with the exception of SD yet having a Safety and a back up playing CB,  Salas, Nelson, Graham, at WR. 

I recall this same level of confidence last year, too. Lol. He'll be the same coach if the Jets finish the season 7-2, but sentiments about him will start to shift with a finish that strong. Whether that will be enough? I don't know. It's not written in stone yet, though.

Trading for Harvin at 1-6 is a curious move. I think it's an admission by the GM that he didn't do enough at the position in the offseason, and that it's as much about seeing what Geno can do with a competent WR corps, as what Rex can do with a fuller cupboard.

This was the root of my offseason angst (this year), that giving Rex this year leads to these conversations, again, and we end up beating the weak sisters at the end of the year--again--and we get to do it all over again next year. Again.

It makes me laugh, "we could go on a run, get to

8-8". This team may win 5 maybe 6 Max. The Jets do Not create turn overs! - We lose that battle every week, Genover, is due another bad game. Miami will kick our ass, the Pats will sweep us, and Buffalo will split.

Have we ever beat Pittsburgh? We are drafting in the 5-9 range. The Harvin thing is for Brevell. Rex is gone. Idzik is coming back (Unfotunatly), but the media will make him the focus of their hate when Rex is gone. We laid another egg, and it's hard to like this team at this point.

It makes me laugh, "we could go on a run, get to

8-8". This team may win 5 maybe 6 Max. The Jets do Not create turn overs! - We lose that battle every week, Genover, is due another bad game. Miami will kick our ass, the Pats will sweep us, and Buffalo will split.

Have we ever beat Pittsburgh? We are drafting in the 5-9 range. The Harvin thing is for Brevell. Rex is gone. Idzik is coming back (Unfotunatly), but the media will make him the focus of their hate when Rex is gone. We laid another egg, and it's hard to like this team at this point.

what?

Archived