At 1-6, how does Rex survive?

Latinlawyer

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He wins home vs. Buffalo (2nd win), home vs. Pittsburgh (3rd win), at Buffalo (4th win), home vs. Miami (5th win) and any ONE of the other games (at KC, at Minny, at Tenn, home NE, at Miami)

Finished 6-10, going 5-4 to finish.

Woody makes Idzik keep him, Idzik resigns. Rex gets GM #3.

He wins home vs. Buffalo (2nd win), home vs. Pittsburgh (3rd win), at Buffalo (4th win), home vs. Miami (5th win) and any ONE of the other games (at KC, at Minny, at Tenn, home NE, at Miami)

I don't  think Rex survives anything less than 8-8...I would let him go if he goess 8-8 or worse...get to 9-7 and we can talk.

If one of them HAD to survive...I would NOT want it to be Idzik....How many more drafts can he destroy for us?

The only answer is this: because the owner is an idiot. There is no other answer.

This is the credited response.

If Idzik had any balls or gravitas he'd resign under such circumstances; considering he appears to possess neither, I highly doubt he'd resign and leave all that money left on his contract on the table.

If one of them HAD to survive...I would NOT want it to be Idzik....How many more drafts can he destroy for us?

Yeah, let's give Wrecks his 3rd GM, that's not a completely insane idea or anything…I mean it's not like we'll be limited to a pool of the worst available candidates under such a scenario…AGAIN.

For me he has to go at least 8-1 in the rest of the season to save his job...8-8 or worse and its ADIOS Rex!

What do you guys think?

I don't think Harvin is worth 8 wins...maybe 3 but not 8.

catch Woody banging his Butler and blackmail him?

This is the credited response.

If Idzik had any balls or gravitas he'd resign under such circumstances; considering he appears to possess neither, I highly doubt he'd resign and leave all that money left on his contract on the table.

Yeah, let's give Wrecks his 3rd GM, that's not a completely insane idea or anything…I mean it's not like we'll be limited to a pool of the worst available candidates under such a scenario…AGAIN.

In opposition give Idzik a third draft to waste.  I want Rex out of here it is 3 seasons now......But I just hate Idzik more.

If Harvin helps Rex get to 8-8 he stays the inference being Rex just needed some talent. Woody likes Rex personally and the press would would all be pointing a finger at the offensive talent available to him for most of the first half. Idzik, however is probably banished from the draft room or should be. 

Do you write scrips for horror movies in your spare time? This is downright scary.

Woody makes Idzik keep him, Idzik resigns. Rex gets GM #3..

...and Warfish named special assistant to Rex for personnel decisions. Jets get to Super Bowl, first time since 1969 , Kyle Wilson gets called for interference in the end zone.... Jets lose to Eagles..... Mark Sanchez named MVP.

I think there's a pretty good chance of Rex being retained if they finish 7-9 or better. Anything less, it would be very hard. But if the team sticks together, Geno improves (maybe with the help of Harvin), and they win six more games in the process...

No one wants to hear it, but I think it could happen.

How does Rex survive?  By having Geno and the team show much improved play against opponents who are not as tough as the ones the Jets faced to date.  If the Jets look like they're on the way up, Rex stays.

What does that mean from a record perspective? Is that 6-10? 7-9? 8-8? 9-7?

For me, if he does not finish 9-7 or 10-6 then the Rex era is over...we cannot continue to languish. Hopefully, they hire an offensive sided HC.

LL

What does that mean from a record perspective? Is that 6-10? 7-9? 8-8? 9-7?

For me, if he does not finish 9-7 or 10-6 then the Rex era is over...we cannot continue to languish. Hopefully, they hire an offensive sided HC.

LL

I think if we've learned anything, it's not that we need a head coach who's a genius on either side of the ball, it's that we need one who'll actually be a head coach, or else we're just trading Rex for an offensive version of him.  

I think if we've learned anything, it's not that we need a head coach who's a genius on either side of the ball, it's that we need one who'll actually be a head coach, or else we're just trading Rex for an offensive version of him.

This. If there's one thing I've realized after 15 years of Herm, Mangini, and Rex, it's that the ability to prepare players and managing the little things during a game are by far the two most important qualities for a NFL coach. Rex might have been able to skate by ignoring the offense for so long if he was remotely competent at those two things. You don't need an offensive or defensive genius at the helm.

If Mangini was such a prick this could have been him.

I think there's a pretty good chance of Rex being retained if they finish 7-9 or better. Anything less, it would be very hard. But if the team sticks together, Geno improves (maybe with the help of Harvin), and they win six more games in the process...

No one wants to hear it, but I think it could happen.

Do you think Woody would reward a HC who goes 4 straight years without making the playoffs?

Do you think Woody would reward a HC who goes 4 straight years without making the playoffs?

no different than rewarding a guy who gets caught cheating and tarnishing the owners legacy forever and paying the highest penatly ever handed down by the NFL

Archived