At 1-6, how does Rex survive?

Latinlawyer

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Funny I was talking to the lady friend the other night about the Pat Sajak abomination of a late night show..  she had no idea it existed - I wish I didn't either.

You know Sajak currently makes 12 mil a year and Vanna White makes 7-8 mil a year for pressing squares.  she doesn't even need to turn them anymore!

Meanwhile some people were in an uproar because Jeremy Kerley signed for half of what Vanna White makes. 

This is why the terrorists hate us.

Mid-season votes of confidence are  often the pre-cursor of doom

Except for when they aren't.

I wish there were a convenient metric comparing the relationship of mid-season votes of confidence to firings in that same season. It would be cool if there was a way to actually prove it, rather than just saying it and seeing if it'll pass for legit.

Funny I was talking to the lady friend the other night about the Pat Sajak abomination of a late night show..  she had no idea it existed - I wish I didn't either.

You know Sajak currently makes 12 mil a year and Vanna White makes 7-8 mil a year for pressing squares.  she doesn't even need to turn them anymore!

Meanwhile some people were in an uproar because Jeremy Kerley signed for half of what Vanna White makes. 

My wife and I used to watch Wheel of Fortune just to make bets on which female contestants Pat Sajak would touch, which ones he wouldn't, and the nature of the touching. 

Unfortunately, I think this will be the reality. If Idzik is really as in love with Geno as it sounds like he is, he is betting his GM career on Geno.

I cannot imagine him brinigng in a new coaching staff in year 3, which would likely be his and Geno's last chance. That fails, he is done as GM. I think he will stick with the current regime for next year.

Unless this season is a 3-13 season, in which he may be gone too. But I find that highly unlikely given the incredibly soft schedule the rest of the way.

Schedule isn't as soft as people keep saying, not when you are one of the worst 5 teams in football. 

My wife and I used to watch Wheel of Fortune just to make bets on which female contestants Pat Sajak would touch, which ones he wouldn't, and the nature of the touching. 

I'm dating myself but the absolute king of that was Richard Dawson while hosting the Family Fued...  he used to kiss the pretty white ones on the lips while ignoring the fatties and non-whites.  At times during the overly long hugs it seemed like he was a second away from finger banging them.

Schedule isn't as soft as people keep saying, not when you are one of the worst 5 teams in football. 

I don't think the Jets are one of the worst 5 teams in football. I think they are a middle of the pack team. They could very easily be 3-4 or 4-3 right now if they had better coaching, and that was against a brutal schedule. I would put money on it they go at least 5-4 in there last 9, more likely 6-3 or even 7-2.

I don't think the Jets are one of the worst 5 teams in football. I think they are a middle of the pack team. They could very easily be 3-4 or 4-3 right now if they had better coaching, and that was against a brutal schedule. I would put money on it they go at least 5-4 in there last 9, more likely 6-3 or even 7-2.

First off, only the Raiders are a worse team than the 1-6 Jets.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/sports/wp/2014/10/21/nfl-rankings-broncos-are-no-1-seahawks-continue-to-fall/

And other than the Bills game at home, the Jets will be underdogs in all their remaining games, so how will they go 7-2 or 6-3?

I'm dating myself but the absolute king of that was Richard Dawson while hosting the Family Fued...  he used to kiss the pretty white ones on the lips while ignoring the fatties and non-whites.  At times during the overly long hugs it seemed like he was a second away from finger banging them.

No doubt.

Dude was my idol. :P

You are what your record is. 

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/sports/wp/2014/10/21/nfl-rankings-broncos-are-no-1-seahawks-continue-to-fall/

And other than the Bills game at home, the Jets will be underdogs in all their remaining games, so how will they go 7-2 or 6-3?

Oh, I must have missed that power ranking, I guess that settles it..... You better hope the Pats don't have to play any of those other 30 teams, because the Jets were the better team when they a week ago.

You are what your record is. 

Will see. I hope I am wrong, because I want nothing more than the two morons running this franchise to be gone, and I think a 1-15 to 3-13 season would likely do that, but I think this team has more than enough talent to win the majority of those games that are remaining.

Oh, I must have missed that power ranking, I guess that settles it..... You better hope the Pats don't have to play any of those other 30 teams, because the Jets were the better team when they a week ago.

The Jets lost that game, so how were they the better team?

TX...you've been around here forever. Don't you know by now this is Fantasy Land?

One might say the only reason those games were so winnable was because of good coaching.  Pretty sure that's a more accurate depiction.

Archived