Stop with the Idzik Hate. I have spoken!

Villain The Foe

John Idzik came to a team that fielded this offensive lineup at the skill set positions on offense:

QB1. Mark Sanchez

QB2. Tim Tebow

QB3. Greg McElroy

RB1. Shonn Greene 

RB2. Joe McKnight

RB3. Bilal Powell

TE1. Dustin Keller

TE2. Jeff Cumberland

TE3. Konrad Rueland

WR1. Santonio Holmes

WR2. Stephen Hill

WR3. Jeremy Kerley

WR4. Chaz Schiliens 

WR5. Clyde Gates

We went from this travesty above heading along with someone of the worst cap situations in the league to this in two seasons:

QB1. Geno Smith

QB2. Michael Vick

QB3. Matt Simms

RB1. Chris Ivory

RB2. Bilal Powell

RB3. Chris Johnson

TE1. Jeff Cumberland

TE2. Jace Amaro

TE3. Zach Sudfeld

WR1. Eric Decker

WR2. Percy Harvin

WR3. Jeremy Kerley 

WR4. Greg Salas

WR5. TJ Graham

Last year everyone, including myself was very concerned with the fact that the Jets had the worst receiving corp in the league along with what the league would call "financial cap hell". In two seasons John Idzik changed this entire offensive skill set. The Jets have a top 6 or 7 RB in Ivory, who is statistically having a better season than the likes of Lesean McCoy, Eddie Lacy, Marshawn Lynch, Frank Gore etc. We have a top 5 rushing Tandem with Ivory and Powell. Now with the acquisition of Harvin, We have a respectable WR trio with Decker, Harvin and Kerley. What Idzik just did was not only provide the Jets with another another capable receiver to compliment Decker but it also gives the Jets the opportunity to actually evaluate Geno Smith....YES, evaluate a QB who in his first season had the worst receiving corp in the league and in the first 7 games only had Eric Decker. It also gives Amaro the chance to get some opportunities and it also open things up more for the running and hopefully Chris Johnson can get it going in the 2nd half. We can also contribute this trade to the Jets now having an elite Kick returner as well. 

Were their mistakes along this 2 year stretch?...sure. Our drafting outside of Sheldon Richardson hasn't hit, Dimitri Patterson was an obvious mistake. but many of these mistakes have been on the side of the ball that quite frankly we can deal with given that we have a defensive minded coach. My point here is that no matter your feeling regarding John Idzik, this upcoming Sunday he will field the most potent offense the Jets have had since 2010.

Leave my General Manager alone!  

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He blew the draft and free agency we needed a CB and he got NOBODY we needed WRs and he drafted NOBODY (unless Enuwa turns out to be decent)

Idzik sucks until he fixes this mess here he is our GM DAMMIT!!!!!!!!!!!

Willy, my point here is that we need ALOT. But much of that need was actually on the offensive side of the ball. Yeah, we need a CB, but we needed WR's much more than a CB. If you disagree with that then you simply haven't watched Jets football the prior 2 years. We still have Shaq Evan and Quincey Enunwa under the vest as well. We will have a sh_t load of money next offseason to add some pieces. My point here is that if anyone thought that we were going to get every piece that we needed in 1 season is being a bit ridiculous. I understand the frustration, dont get me wrong. But this Jets offense is legit from the perspective that we can fairly evaluate a QB, have young WR's learn from pretty good veterans at the position and open up opportunities for Amaro. If we score points we can help out the DB position by making opposing teams one dimensional. If it doesnt work then we could atleast see if its from the QB position or not, if its the coaching or not....etc. 

John Idzik isn't perfect, but this guy has officially provided Rex Ryan with offensive weapons at all levels at the skill set. We still need respectable guards on the oline, D'Brick looks finished in my opinion and soon we will need a Center. For what its worth, where we came from before Idzik has gotten here to where we are now this Jets team is better. That is hands down an absolute fact. 

Still waiting for you to break the cycle Rutgers. 

I'm incapable of feeling anything but sadness with this franchise right now. Same sh*t since I was 6 years old and here we go again. No coach and no quarterback. Again. At this point I'm at a wait and see approach with anyone running this team. I think so long as Woody owns it we are perpetually ****ed, and regarding Idzik until he shows he's remotely capable of finding a QB he's suspect. Especially with the way his drafts have played out.

I'm incapable of feeling anything but sadness with this franchise right now. Same sh*t since I was 6 years old and here we go again. No coach and no quarterback. Again. At this point I'm at a wait and see approach with anyone running this team. I think so long as Woody owns it we are perpetually ****ed, and regarding Idzik until he shows he's remotely capable of finding a QB he's suspect. Especially with the way his drafts have played out.

Respected. 

Not to mention we were in complete cap hell. Now we have flexibility. Idzik has made his mistakes no doubt, but he's done some good things as well. If Amaro and Pryor pan out that would be great though.

Exactly. The fact that we could even pull off a trade like this mid season could only be contributed our cap situation. Whats funny is that Idzik even stated this before the season started. He always want money available for things that may come available down the line. Percy may not be a top 3 WR in the league but he's leagues beyond what we had at the #2 position, and he has to be the best kick returner the Jets have had since.....ever. This guy is dangerous. 

And the bottom line is that though I hate it, Marty is going to run the Wildcat. We have a guy who is a legit threat for the formation. Harvin fits this run-first team. Speaking of "run-first" we could even put him in the backfield. 

The Jets should be thinking about next season. This season is over playoff wise.

I think they are. We are renting Harvin right now. And his salary isn't guaranteed next year until he makes the 53 man roster, which means we can have him throughout this year, have him go through camp and the entire preseason. John Idzik worked this trade just now. At the worst we lose a 4th rounder for a guy who before was traded to the seahawks was THIRSTING to get this guy. Now that we have him it seems like people are hating because Idzik did it. 

I was just sick of Tanny and his clueless, head scratching ways. And that memory is still fresh for some reason. Maybe every time when someone mentions the Holmes shower champagne pic it brings all of those cruel memories back from the Tanny era.

On the other hand I like a GM with a plan. Idzik is that guy. Although the Harvin trade was an aberration to that approach think he is still on his path to build thru the draft. Not impressed with his draft in the middle rounds at all. He has been awful there or this team would be much further along. But its just two off seasons. I won't mind being patient for another 2-3 seasons to see where this team is.

There is no doubt that the talent on the offensive side of the ball has been elevated in the skill positions. The offensive line has gotten worse and the QB still sucks. This has become a QB dominant league. The Jets don't have one. If he doesn't find one fast, he'll be looking for another job.

Exactly. The fact that we could even pull off a trade like this mid season could only be contributed our cap situation. Whats funny is that Idzik even stated this before the season started. He always want money available for things that may come available down the line. Percy may not be a top 3 WR in the league but he's leagues beyond what we had at the #2 position, and he has to be the best kick returner the Jets have had since.....ever. This guy is dangerous. 

And the bottom line is that though I hate it, Marty is going to run the Wildcat. We have a guy who is a legit threat for the formation. Harvin fits this run-first team. Speaking of "run-first" we could even put him in the backfield. 

so in summary.....the Jets are not competitive, have a ton of cap room, and just traded a future pick 7M of cap space, and 10M salary next year to improve the wildcat in a lost season.   

the OL is getting worse, the secondary is an embarrassment, and geno is no better than sanchez.   Big John is in over his head.  

I was just sick of Tanny and his clueless, head scratching ways. And that memory is still fresh for some reason. Maybe every time when someone mentions the Holmes shower champagne pic it brings all of those cruel memories back from the Tanny era.

On the other hand I like a GM with a plan. Idzik is that guy. Although the Harvin trade was an aberration to that approach think he is still on his path to build thru the draft. Not impressed with his draft in the middle rounds at all. He has been awful there or this team would be much further along. But its just two off seasons. I won't mind being patient for another 2-3 seasons to see where this team is.

I agree. If it wasnt for the fact that the Seahawks found Russell Wilson they would be under the same scrutiny. They just released Harvin for a 6th rounder that can turn into a 4th after giving up a 1st rounder. They paid a no name QB 25 million to ride the bench when Wilson got there. There's many more examples of what the Seahawks got wrong on their way to winning it all. John Idzik, a new GM is not going to be immune to this, and I believe that some of the hatred is unwarranted and its spill over from the Tanny days. Idzik is about to field a team with as much talent at the 2010 team on offense though Tanny destroyed the cap in order to do the same. 

John Idzik is doing a heck of a job in his less than 2 years here. 

There is no doubt that the talent on the offensive side of the ball has been elevated in the skill positions. The offensive line has gotten worse and the QB still sucks. This has become a QB dominant league. The Jets don't have one. If he doesn't find one fast, he'll be looking for another job.

This is something thats across the board. Atleast he's giving his QB every opportunity to find help, which is not something across the board. 

I hate these silly threads. In his time here Idzik has done what any accountant would have done to clear crap contracts.

Signing DJax when it mattered would have made more sense than this trade.

Do not let these silly thread deter you from visiting other silly threads and posting about their silliness over there! :-)

Willy, my point here is that we need ALOT. But much of that need was actually on the offensive side of the ball. Yeah, we need a CB, but we needed WR's much more than a CB. If you disagree with that then you simply haven't watched Jets football the prior 2 years. We still have Shaq Evan and Quincey Enunwa under the vest as well. We will have a sh_t load of money next offseason to add some pieces. My point here is that if anyone thought that we were going to get every piece that we needed in 1 season is being a bit ridiculous. I understand the frustration, dont get me wrong. But this Jets offense is legit from the perspective that we can fairly evaluate a QB, have young WR's learn from pretty good veterans at the position and open up opportunities for Amaro. If we score points we can help out the DB position by making opposing teams one dimensional. If it doesnt work then we could atleast see if its from the QB position or not, if its the coaching or not....etc. 

John Idzik isn't perfect, but this guy has officially provided Rex Ryan with offensive weapons at all levels at the skill set. We still need respectable guards on the oline, D'Brick looks finished in my opinion and soon we will need a Center. For what its worth, where we came from before Idzik has gotten here to where we are now this Jets team is better. That is hands down an absolute fact. 

Can we reserve judgment until he finds a QB?  I mean I get the whole Tanny left him a pile of dogsh*t...but until he fills this position of need...our trust has not exactly been earned.

so in summary.....the Jets are not competitive, have a ton of cap room, and just traded a future pick 7M of cap space, and 10M salary next year to improve the wildcat in a lost season.   

the OL is getting worse, the secondary is an embarrassment, and geno is no better than sanchez.   Big John is in over his head.  

If thats what you got from my statement then as noted, the hatred is strong for Idzik. 

Well, adding weapons will allow him to evaluate the QB position. Can I not judge that action? 

Brother, I smell the rock your cooking with Idzik...mixed bag of good/bad decisions...many things to like...enough bad to make one wonder...still hoping he succeeds...I'm trying to keep the faith as much as the next guy.

If thats what you got from my statement then as noted, the hatred is strong for Idzik. 

that pretty much sums it up.   The Jets owe Harvin $10M next season if they want to keep him on the team.  

Rather than pursue FA's Tate (5 yrs / $31M) or Desean Jackson (3 yrs / $24M) the Jets get Harvin after the season is lost (1+ yrs / $17M)

How about Vick?   What was the point of signing Vick if it wasn't to compete for the QB position?   This is Mark Brunell all over again and the competition was a sham that never happened. 

Goodsen?   Patterson?  Peterman?   Garrard?   

To top it all off Idzik just isn't very good at the draft.   I don't think he understands the process.   It's like he used all 12 picks to prove a point.   what point, I don't know but I know the results aren't very good and half of the picks aren't even on the team.   

In all honestly, I could have done as good of a job as Idzik over the past 18 months.   In fact, I would wager that I likely could not have done any worse.    The team is 1-6 with huge holes at the most important positions.   I certainly would not have allowed Greg Salas, David Nelson, or Phillip Adams to be a starter in yr 2 of the LionelRichie regime.    I also would have had a backup plan at QB should Geno not workout.   

Great points, Villian; I like the line-up comparisons.

Something has to be done about the drafting..last years draft was atrocious. One thing I do not understand is when idyzik came over, he kept bradway and co. in place? I've seen new GMs keep HCs (I think?) but is it common for new GMs to keep the scouting dept? Did he bring in ANY new blood? Maybe cleaning house there is a smart move?

In his 2 years, Idzik has fielded a team that has so far gone 9-14 and non-competitive in the AFCE.

How does that performance translate into a "heck of a job"?

are you more ashamed of the past* players murdering people, or is it the rape and domestic violence ?

John Idzik came to a team that fielded this offensive lineup at the skill set positions on offense:

QB1. Mark Sanchez

QB2. Tim Tebow

QB3. Greg McElroy

RB1. Shonn Greene 

RB2. Joe McKnight

RB3. Bilal Powell

TE1. Dustin Keller

TE2. Jeff Cumberland

TE3. Konrad Rueland

WR1. Santonio Holmes

WR2. Stephen Hill

WR3. Jeremy Kerley

WR4. Chaz Schiliens 

WR5. Clyde Gates

We went from this travesty above heading along with someone of the worst cap situations in the league to this in two seasons:

QB1. Geno Smith

QB2. Michael Vick

QB3. Matt Simms

RB1. Chris Ivory

RB2. Bilal Powell

RB3. Chris Johnson

TE1. Jeff Cumberland

TE2. Jace Amaro

TE3. Zach Sudfeld

WR1. Eric Decker

WR2. Percy Harvin

WR3. Jeremy Kerley 

WR4. Greg Salas

WR5. TJ Graham

It's depressing to see our offensive talent be worse, even though you were hoping for the opposite. Also, smart move leaving off the defensive starters, cause we're way worse talent wise there. 

but if we're patient and rational, then we wouldn't be able to use "clever" puns like Idziot or Izdick, and what's the point then?

how about Idziospin

Guy made me sick with his interview today and his BS spin he put on all his failings

ohhh but u dont like clever puns....ooops sorry

QB1. Mark Sanchez

QB2. Tim Tebow

QB3. Greg McElroy

RB1. Shonn Greene 

RB2. Joe McKnight

RB3. Bilal Powell

TE1. Dustin Keller

TE2. Jeff Cumberland

TE3. Konrad Rueland

WR1. Santonio Holmes

WR2. Stephen Hill

WR3. Jeremy Kerley

WR4. Chaz Schiliens 

WR5. Clyde Gates

QB1. Geno Smith

QB2. Michael Vick

QB3. Matt Simms

RB1. Chris Ivory

RB2. Bilal Powell

RB3. Chris Johnson

TE1. Jeff Cumberland

TE2. Jace Amaro

TE3. Zach Sudfeld

WR1. Eric Decker

WR2. Percy Harvin

WR3. Jeremy Kerley 

WR4. Greg Salas

WR5. TJ Graham

Last year everyone, including myself was very concerned with the fact that the Jets had the worst receiving corp in the league along with what the league would call "financial cap hell". In two seasons John Idzik changed this entire offensive skill set. The Jets have a top 6 or 7 RB in Ivory, who is statistically having a better season than the likes of Lesean McCoy, Eddie Lacy, Marshawn Lynch, Frank Gore etc. We have a top 5 rushing Tandem with Ivory and Powell. Now with the acquisition of Harvin, We have a respectable WR trio with Decker, Harvin and Kerley. What Idzik just did was not only provide the Jets with another another capable receiver to compliment Decker but it also gives the Jets the opportunity to actually evaluate Geno Smith....YES, evaluate a QB who in his first season had the worst receiving corp in the league and in the first 7 games only had Eric Decker. It also gives Amaro the chance to get some opportunities and it also open things up more for the running and hopefully Chris Johnson can get it going in the 2nd half. We can also contribute this trade to the Jets now having an elite Kick returner as well. 

Were their mistakes along this 2 year stretch?...sure. Our drafting outside of Sheldon Richardson hasn't hit, Dimitri Patterson was an obvious mistake. but many of these mistakes have been on the side of the ball that quite frankly we can deal with given that we have a defensive minded coach. My point here is that no matter your feeling regarding John Idzik, this upcoming Sunday he will field the most potent offense the Jets have had since 2010.

Leave my General Manager alone!  

idziot blows donkeys in mexico..that is why the horse teeth

Archived