Martavis Bryant

SonnyJet

Without exaggeration or hyperbole, I swear to God I'd feel more comfortable hand-picking 10 posters on JN and swapping them with the people who comprise our scouting/drafting department.

You're right. Pryor and Amaro both stink too. This draft pool was loaded with talent...and the best we got out of it was a doofy slow tight end.

Moncrief too. And it's not like we could have had him instead of Dex McDou...oh...oh, well sh*t.

It boggles my mind. It really does.

Jets have a tremendous need at WR + Draft is loaded with WR talent = Let's wait until round 4 to take a WR and still end up with 2 highly questionable prospects with limited athletic upside and a flier late in the draft with a body catcher who has to relearn how to catch a ball.

Jets have a tremendous need at WR + Draft is loaded with WR talent = Let's wait until round 4 to take a WR and still end up with 2 highly questionable prospects with limited athletic upside and a flier late in the draft with a body catcher who has to relearn how to catch a ball.

Pretty much every WR we passed on looks like a league starter.

Without exaggeration or hyperbole, I swear to God I'd feel more comfortable hand-picking 10 posters on JN and swapping them with the people who comprise our scouting/drafting department.

I love this idea. In fact, we have a resident poster who speaks very fondly of his once prized talent and flourishing high school football career that was unfortunately cut short due to being vertically challenged. And quite frankly I've had enough of him not getting the shot he deserves.

A draft that deep isn't rocket science either. The Jets pretty much just had a list of players that they wanted and selected from that without care paid towards concepts like grades or value.

You're right. Pryor and Amaro both stink too. This draft pool was loaded with talent...and the best we got out of it was a doofy slow tight end.

hey pryor hit a guy out of bounds....and didn't get flagged for it

that's progress

A draft that deep isn't rocket science either. The Jets pretty much just had a list of players that they wanted and selected from that without care paid towards concepts like grades or value.

Again, as the guy from Walter Football said:

"It doesn't appear as though the Jets understand the value aspect of the draft. They see players they like, and they take them, completely ignoring the fact that they can obtain better prospects at earlier picks all while still securing the players they covet much later."

Again, as the guy from Walter Football said:

"It doesn't appear as though the Jets understand the value aspect of the draft. They see players they like, and they take them, completely ignoring the fact that they can obtain better prospects at earlier picks all while still securing the players they covet much later."

That quote basically sums it up. I mean is our front office just lazy? ALl I can come up with at this point...do we have enough scouts? It's sad we have to ask this...but this draft is alarming to say the least.

That quote basically sums it up. I mean is our front office just lazy? ALl I can come up with at this point...do we have enough scouts? It's sad we have to ask this...but this draft is alarming to say the least.

I think it's a combination of ineptitude in our scouting department, coupled with the fact that we've never had a strong personnel man as GM, so our HC's have outsized input on who we draft.

Archived