Idzik Moves Should Receive Some Praise

JetNation

If Harvin is still on the roster next year, the likely cost is a 4th round pick. If all he winds up costing is a sixth, it means the experiment failed and it cost them $6.5M in future cap space. If he does stick, I do not expect him to stick for the approximately four years/$40M he has do to him unguaranteed starting next year. Right now it's wait & see mode with Harvin. If he's on the team at a lower cost (maybe a Decker-level $7.25M or so), the praise should start coming then. He's clearly a dynamic player, but he's not a true #1 WR by any stretch, and should not be paid like one. 

The Kerley signing is a respectable contract for both sides for a solid, middle-class WR. Before the Harvin trade, only he, Decker, and Amaro demonstrated any worth at the receiving positions. 

If Harvin is with the team next year, I'd say it all but takes the Jets completely out of the WR free agent market - but it shouldn't do anything to prevent them from taking a WR as high as the first round. The Jets could still use a more traditional #1 type WR. 

I agree, adding to that the fact that we still have Shaq Evans and Quincy Enunwa on the team. If the Jets dabble for a WR in free agency or picks one high in the draft then it basically spells disastrous for that Harvin trade, but more importantly our entire offensive approach to the draft last year as this would be speaking volumes about how the organization feels about the potential of both rookies and Harvin...if he's even on the team at that point. 

Im not too worried about the 6.5 million spent because I feel that for a guy of his caliber I find it very hard for Harvin not to be worth the money talent wise. It will be his attitude that would be the deciding factor. Whats so awesome about that is if Harvin is released from the Jets after just 9 games with them then he will NEVER see a pay day in the NFL because that would be 3 teams in 3 years wanting to have nothing to do with him. 

This 6.5 million I feel will be money well spent along with a 4th rounder that we tend to bust on anyway. 

Real degenerates go to horse fights.  This takes the best of cock fighting, bull fighting and the betting on the ponies.  Best experienced on the southern Philippines island of Mindanao where you run an equal risk of being kidnapped by Maoist guerrillas or Abu Sayyaf, or being hacked to death with a machete for giving the wrong person the stink-eye.  

LOL.  Island paradise.

LOL.  Island paradise.

Actually, it really is.  My post does it a bit of a disservice. Very few foreign tourists, great beaches, diving and fishing.  Very beautiful and open minded women. About as far from the every day grind as you can get.  Just need to know your way around and not act stupid, keep an eye out and have a high tolerance for roosters crowing at all hours.  I spend a month there annually and it straightens my mind, and everything else, right out.

I would not over-think the Harvin deal.  He did it simply because it was there -- not because he was proactive or, at the opposite end of the spectrum,  making a deal in panic. I know it is a slow season, but sweet jumpin' Jesus on an effin' pogo stick, the inane theories getting thrown around are something else.

Archived