How great would it be if we trade for Ben Roethlisberger this Spring?

T0mShane

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In other words, I think you are full of sh*t.

I really don't give a sh!t what you think. As far as I am concerned, you are garbage, complete and utter trash, scum of the earth. Your opinion is worthless to me.

Whether you believe me or not, is not overly important. What is important is you find joking about something as vile, and as harmful as rape, funny. And made multiple jokes about liking it, and doing it, and even "carbo loading" for it.

So you just keep making yourself feel good about that, with me having moral high ground, and me being butt hurt, and your psycho analysis BS. At the end of the day, your true colors are revealed.

I really don't give a sh!t what you think. As far as I am concerned, you are garbage, complete and utter trash, scum of the earth. Your opinion is worthless to me.

Whether you believe me or not, is not overly important. What is important is you find joking about something as vile, and as harmful as rape, funny. And made multiple jokes about liking it, and doing it, and even "carbo loading" for it.

So you just keep making yourself feel good about that, with me having moral high ground, and me being butt hurt, and your psycho analysis BS. At the end of the day, your true colors are revealed.

Heh, sounds like I was spot on.

Well, you certainly sound like someone that doesn't care what I think. I mean, you've followed me all over the site the past couple weeks taking pot shots at me trying to get me to react, but you don't care. Obviously.

You know what you should do? You should go tell a mod. I'm sure they'll be very sympathetic to your plight that your trolling blew up in your face, so in a fit of feigned moral outrage you cussed out another site member, when you could have cut the crap 20 posts ago.

In the meantime, I'll be out to pasture. ;)

Well, you certainly sound like someone that doesn't care what I think. I mean, you've followed me all over the site the past couple weeks taking pot shots at me trying to get me to react, but you don't care. Obviously.

You know what you should do? You should go tell a mod. I'm sure they'll be very sympathetic to your plight that your trolling blew up in your face, so in a fit of feigned moral outrage you cussed out another site member, when you could have cut the crap 20 posts ago.

Enjoy.......

Maybe you guys oughta ignore each other. Whether you want to use the cool ignore feature or self control, it's entirely up to you.

Steve, we specialize in irreverent commentary on this site. Don't take the (obvious) joking so seriously. I think it's pretty clear that no one here is pro-rape or pedophilia. We're mostly, allegedly, adults joking around in an adult, albeit often immature, fashion. It's all in edgy fun. You don't have to participate in the same type of humor, but you'd probably do well to just let it go when you see something you might find offensive.

That said, we will clamp down on politics and religion. :) Plenty of bandwidth elsewhere for that sort of thing.

we aren't getting Roethlisberger.  we aren't getting Mariota.

We're getting year 3 of Geno Smith barring a complete meltdown the next 10 games.  accept it, embrace it, exhale.

We're not getting Roethlisberger, that much is probably true. I wouldn't rule out Mariota, though. Geno Smith's future here doesn't hinge on not melting down, but showing considerable improvement. I think we all agree that his development (or lack thereof) was one of the prime reasons for the Harvin trade.

We're not getting Roethlisberger, that much is probably true. I wouldn't rule out Mariota, though. Geno Smith's future here doesn't hinge on not melting down, but showing considerable improvement. I think we all agree that his development (or lack thereof) was one of the prime reasons for the Harvin trade.

I listen the press conferences and can read between the lines.  They believe Geno is making improvements and talked about how the last handful of games the ball security is improved as has his decision making. 

Idzik strikes me as the type of guy who won't be so willing to admit defeat unless mistakes keep being repeated with no signs of hope.  Unlike many of the geniuses on this site he knows that 23 games is not enough time to make a final judgement on a QB especially given the fact he had to adapt to playing under center and until now has had a lackluster supporting cast.

I happen to think with Decker improving from the hammy, Harvin to open things up, and a nicely DEVELOPING weapon in Amaro, Geno will be fine. 

If Geno sh-ts the bed then look for a veteran signing and mid round QB prospect.  Mariota will be long gone by the time we draft in the mid to late teens.

I listen the press conferences and can read between the lines.  They believe Geno is making improvements and talked about how the last handful of games the ball security is improved as has his decision making. 

Idzik strikes me as the type of guy who won't be so willing to admit defeat unless mistakes keep being repeated with no signs of hope.  Unlike many of the geniuses on this site he knows that 23 games is not enough time to make a final judgement on a QB especially given the fact he had to adapt to playing under center and until now has had a lackluster supporting cast.

I happen to think with Decker improving from the hammy, Harvin to open things up, and a nicely DEVELOPING weapon in Amaro, Geno will be fine. 

If Geno sh-ts the bed then look for a veteran signing and mid round QB prospect.  Mariota will be long gone by the time we draft in the mid to late teens.

I understand that, but his body of work so far has not been enough to commit to him for another year, either. Maybe if he was a first round pick - but he wasn't. I knew the Jets weren't drafting a QB early last year, but next year is a different story, IMHO. Unless Geno plays very smart and much better down the stretch with an improved cast, they're going to have to make a big investment at QB. Whether that's a FA or a high draft pick, I don't know, but they'll have to bring in a QB with the potential to be a full time starter for years to come.

The likelihood of a new head coach also comes into play here.

I understand that, but his body of work so far has not been enough to commit to him for another year, either. Maybe if he was a first round pick - but he wasn't. I knew the Jets weren't drafting a QB early last year, but next year is a different story, IMHO. Unless Geno plays very smart and much better down the stretch with an improved cast, they're going to have to make a big investment at QB. Whether that's a FA or a high draft pick, I don't know, but they'll have to bring in a QB with the potential to be a full time starter for years to come.

The likelihood of a new head coach also comes into play here.

I'll concede that everything you said is possible.   I just believe that we're going to see him turn the corner here shortly.  A hobbling Decker has had a pretty nice year especially when you take into account that he's the #1 receiving target that opposing defenses have focused on.  With Amaro emerging, a couple Cumberland sightings, and the waterbug that is Harvin, I truly think they're about to break through.

Maybe you guys oughta ignore each other. Whether you want to use the cool ignore feature or self control, it's entirely up to you.

Steve, we specialize in irreverent commentary on this site. Don't take the (obvious) joking so seriously. I think it's pretty clear that no one here is pro-rape or pedophilia. We're mostly, allegedly, adults joking around in an adult, albeit often immature, fashion. It's all in edgy fun. You don't have to participate in the same type of humor, but you'd probably do well to just let it go when you see something you might find offensive.

That said, we will clamp down on politics and religion. :) Plenty of bandwidth elsewhere for that sort of thing.

Its all good in the hood. I am fine with irreverent commentary, ball busting, back and forth, its all good. Most topics don't bother me at all, but I do think certain things are off limits, but whatever..... I would rather not exchange barbs, or thoughts with scum bags who make jokes like that, so I am done with him. I am sure he can find plenty of other posters to get into his pissing matches with.

He's been trying to get under my skin for weeks here, and I've been brushing him off because he's not good at it. This was never about a rape joke, this was about him not being able to take what he tries to dish out, when I finally gave it back to him. He latched onto chastising me about making a rape joke so he could come away from the slap fight (that he started) saving face, if even in his own mind.

I suspect you realize this already. I hope you also realize that the quote from me was me ending this sh*t in a TKO so it didn't carry on further or escalate.

Anyhow, so yeah, Jake Locker to Decker... Anyone?

Its all good in the hood. I am fine with irreverent commentary, ball busting, back and forth, its all good. Most topics don't bother me at all, but I do think certain things are off limits, but whatever..... I would rather not exchange barbs, or thoughts with scum bags who make jokes like that, so I am done with him. I am sure he can find plenty of other posters to get into his pissing matches with.

I guess the personal attacks are justified because moral superiority. That's ironic.

its-a-trap-what-happens-when-advertisers

e31.jpg

allegedly. sanchez was accused of rape at USC. not saying ben or mark did it or did not do it, but that's why we have a criminal justice system, as imperfect as it may be

At least Sanchez didnt hire two PA state troopers to ensure his rapes weren't interrupted.  and BTW I never said I liked Sanchez either.

But he also came from an organization that drafted Wilson even though they hdd just signed the golden boy Matt Flynn a to  big ass contract. Though he did pass on Manziel and Garapolo. Not clear if he had any input in Seattle anyway though. Looks to me like Smith was the big idea and it will never work. 

Geno Smith is terrible. The Jets have to explore other options; due diligence on Rothliseberger's contract; what ever happens with the Skins. RG3 and his health; ; BrIan Hoyer; and the draft. option. Geno is not it. 

If you gave me the option; find out that RG3 is healthy but unloved and make a deal for a young talented guy who is what Geno Smith pretends to be. 

Archived