Rex Ryan: Pryor not living up to expectations

Freemanm

THR...gave him 3rd round grade...it's paid site...there's more that were down on him...a snippet below:

He seems confused in zone coverage and consistently gets beat. 

That's smashing ... we don't have enough other dildo's back there consistently getting beat  ... I'm sorry ... I misstated that ... other 1st round dildo's ....

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Outside of beating Derek Carr in his first ever start in the NFL, it couldn't be worse.

This organization is a dumpster fire, and the problems start from the ownership on down. Rex will probably have more success at his next stop than the next head coach has here. 

This organization is a dumpster fire, and the problems start from the ownership on down. Rex will probably have more success at his next stop than the next head coach has here.

In fairness to our next head coach, he'll have a tougher job than the defensive coordinating gig that Rex is going to get.

The only way Rex gets another head coaching gig is if there's another owner as dense as Woody out there, because no GM is trusting Rex with their draft classes.

Rex gets another head coaching gig long before Tannenbaum or Idzik ever get a second look at GM. 

So Idzik deserves to be fired already?

I'm not a fan. He's got a plan to build thru the draft, but doesn't do that very well. Kinda went off script in this latest trade. I really don't know what to think of the guy. But he's gonna get another couple years here, deservedly so or not. 

Honestly, I'd be thrilled if they cleaned house and gave Jim Harbaugh the keys. 

I'm not a fan. He's got a plan to build thru the draft, but doesn't do that very well. Kinda went off script in this latest trade. I really don't know what to think of the guy. But he's gonna get another couple years here, deservedly so or not. 

I wouldnt hate that...but every time I get angry at Idzik I remind myself he was basically starting from scratch in 2013. The only guys that carried over worth their salt were Mo, Kerley, Brick and Mangold.

I wouldnt hate that...but every time I get angry at Idzik I remind myself he was basically starting from scratch in 2013. The only guys that carried over worth their salt were Mo, Kerley, Brick and Mangold.

I also would consider that the Jets last year were an anomaly - two calls by the officials gave them an 8-8 record vs a 6-10 record. I think Idzik honestly thought he was building on an 8-8 team and only had to make a few minor tweaks during the offseason, hence his conservative approach

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000415929/article/rex-ryan-calvin-pryor-hasnt-played-to-expectations

In all honesty I have seen Pryor make some big tackles, although he, all of the other Jets DBS, has dropped a pic here and there. Give him some time, his career is only 7 games old

Right.  I for one did not realize that they brought Pryor here to play center field.  I guess Landry is incapable.

Revis was 23 and had two good knees when Rex had him. San Diego dumped Cro because he was a headcase. There's a nice passage in Collision Low Crossers that details how Cro wasn't challenged here to play physical at all, and he was getting paid top dollar. He was also a bottom-five corner last season.

They wanted him to lay physical.  He just went nuts when they offered him criticism.

I also would consider that the Jets last year were an anomaly - two calls by the officials gave them an 8-8 record vs a 6-10 record. I think Idzik honestly thought he was building on an 8-8 team and only had to make a few minor tweaks during the offseason, hence his conservative approach

Could well be the case. But that's even scarier when there's such a disconnect  - if you don't know enough about talent to know you don't have it, I guess you're hard pressed to define and pick it in a draft. 

Could well be the case. But that's even scarier when there's such a disconnect - if you don't know enough about talent to know you don't have it, I guess you're hard pressed to define and pick it in a draft.

Orrrrrrr, Idzik knew that the 8-8 finish last year wasn't evidence of a sustainably competitive roster, and didn't run out (like Tannenbaum would have) to pad it with overpriced vets.

Don't worry REX is a defensive GENIUS.

Collision Low Crossers:   review--"..

.There is very llittle new that the author adds to our understandings of the players, other than glimpses into the childlesshness of quarterback Mark Sanchez and the strangely adversarial behavior of CB Cromartie, but one could have hoped for more insight from the time spent with the defensive unit, led by Gary Pettine. To be sure, we get a sense of the ridiculous time imposed on the coaches and the strain that it imposes on them. But the pressures are, for the most part, glossed over. Why did Sanchez interact so poorly with offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimier when it came time to carry out the game plan? In one crucial late-season game, the Jets kept passing when runs were called for. The reasons are never explored. On defense, Cromartie's seemingly incredible shortcomings, despite remarkable physical abilities, are passed over, although the coaches maintain their criticism. The reader keeps asking the author to probe further, but he never does. He seems so grateful of the access he's been offered that he doesn't want to go further.

Orrrrrrr, Idzik  .... didn't run out (like Tannenbaum would have) to pad it with overpriced vets.

Already on record for liking that a lot. But net - net we're still putting garbage on the field if we don't know who to pick in a draft.

I don't buy it.  I'm an Idzik fan, he understood the talent on this roster wasn't championship caliber so he didn't over spend on anyone and held his line on value.  Carrying over the extra cap money will allow him to spend when he believes they're ready to make a run - and when the time is right he will overspend (if necessary) to get the key pieces he needs to win.

I honestly think he had a fine offseason - but got some bad luck with injuries/headcases and Geno regressed.

He went way off script with the Harvin trade - which is why I don't believe he pulled the trigger.  The trade makes no sense based upon the way he's been doing things.  This trade is right out the Woody playbook.

My main problem is the defences lack of turn overs. One interception at the midpoint of the season really! - I know our DB's are bad, but I'd sooner they gambled on getting beat,going for a pick, than the sh*t I watch every week.

The sad part is we will beat a banged up Bills, I never thought I'd say this but with one win at this point and zero chance of the playoffs, I'd sooner lose every game from this point.

I want the house cleaning and I'm all in for Big Jim H, even though he's a AHole!

He'll be fine. He's never going to be a great cover safety, but he'll be a good in the box safety.

The Jets are LOADED at that spot. Landry, Jaiquann Jarrett, Pryor, Antonio Allen are all strong safety types. He was an unecessary luxury, although I wouldn't say his play has been luxurious. It was more like hilarious when I saw him slide on by Jordy Nelson against GB on his 80 yard TD catch and run. Deked both Milliner AND Pryor out of their shoes. Can't find comedy like that much anymore.

rex didn't blame pryor. turned himself in knots saying it isn't on pryor. like this gem:

"But he hasn't had the impact necessarily that I think all of us had expected. But quite honestly, we haven't done a whole lot of -- you know, our defense has been played a little differently than maybe we anticipated. So I think we had to make some of those adjustments along the way. And it hasn't gone according to plan, so to speak. Maybe we thought we were gonna be more of an emphasis on certain things and (we've) kind of played different coverages. ... I kind of envisioned us bringing that ball inside, letting him really hit some people but sometimes we have had to put him in different roles."

#accountability

Archived