Kiper's Current Top 10

SouthernJet

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

we bottom out and there's one QB worth having who's not even close to a sure thing. JetLiiiiiiiiiiiiiiife

Winston can play. And it seems that off the field stuff doesnt bother him on the field....he's a jackass...but its tough to ignore the talent.

Winston can play. And it seems that off the field stuff doesnt bother him on the field....he's a jackass...but its tough to ignore the talent.

He's got mediocre accuracy and is bailed out a ton by amazing skills positions. Did you see that moronic twisting falling to the ground on his own 20 throw up for grabs pick he had vs ND last week? My fear is that's Winston as a pro. The kid has never faced a legitimate defense in his life and he's not spectacular in the pocket and he's a complete moron. Like almost slow type moron.

However, he does seem to shake off everything that revolves around him come game day and that could bode well in NYC.

He scares the sh*t out of me. But you can't deny his talent.

He really should just play baseball.

He's got mediocre accuracy and is bailed out a ton by amazing skills positions. Did you see that moronic twisting falling to the ground on his own 20 throw up for grabs pick he had vs ND last week? My fear is that's Winston as a pro. The kid has never faced a legitimate defense in his life and he's not spectacular in the pocket and he's a complete moron. Like almost slow type moron.

However, he does seem to shake off everything that revolves around him come game day and that could bode well in NYC.

The Auburn game last year was eye opening to me...thought he stunk. Maybe I havent watched FSU enough this year...but their skill talent outside of Greene has fallen off dramatically. He's playing pretty well imo...he's not the smoothest guy in the world though.

The Auburn game last year was eye opening to me...thought he stunk. Maybe I havent watched FSU enough this year...but their skill talent outside of Greene has fallen off dramatically. He's playing pretty well imo...he's not the smoothest guy in the world though.

He's a great college player, I think he's going to fail miserably in the NFL, which is why he should just go play baseball.  More money, longer career, no where near the wear and tear on the body.  It's a no brainer.

Greene is enough of a bailout option for anyone. Guy can take a 5 yard dig route to the house.  He's really good.  Going to be a monster in the slot in the NFL.  O'Leary is the best passing catching TE in the nation.  Wilson and Rudolph are babies but they're going to be insanely good.  

Would love it if the board fell that way.    Got to disagree with JiF, think Winston, in spite of all foolish behavior, is going to one of the top QB's in the NFL.

Just can't see him falling out of the top ten

He's a moron on the field too.  Terrible decision maker and they dont play anyone, so thats a huge concern.  I think he's going to be terrible when he actually has to read a defense, make quick good decisions, go through his progressions and deliver the ball through windows.  I honestly dont think he can do any of those things.  He's a one read QB who still makes stupid mistakes and tries to force everything with arm strength.  Eventually his stupidity has to catch up to him.  He's not going to have an entire town and University covering up for him in the NFL. 

He's a moron on the field too.  Terrible decision maker and they dont play anyone, so thats a huge concern.  I think he's going to be terrible when he actually has to read a defense, make quick good decisions, go through his progressions and deliver the ball through windows.  I honestly dont think he can do any of those things.  He's a one read QB who still makes stupid mistakes and tries to force everything with arm strength.  Eventually his stupidity has to catch up to him.  He's not going to have an entire town and University covering up for him in the NFL. 

The test case for Winston is Cam Newton, for the same reasons. Newton was dismissed as a primadonna douche who had no respect for the rules and would come to the NFL and cash checks, but he's been a good pick and good dude. If there's a chance that Winston, like Newton (and Manziel fwiw), just doesn't give a sh*t about college and the NCAA, and will settle in as a pro, then somebody will get lucky with him. If he's on the board when the Jets pick, they better have a rock-solid personality as head coach who can handle him before they make that pick. 

The test case for Winston is Cam Newton, for the same reasons. Newton was dismissed as a primadonna douche who had no respect for the rules and would come to the NFL and cash checks, but he's been a good pick and good dude. If there's a chance that Winston, like Newton (and Manziel fwiw), just doesn't give a sh*t about college and the NCAA, and will settle in as a pro, then somebody will get lucky with him. If he's on the board when the Jets pick, they better have a rock-solid personality as head coach who can handle him before they make that pick. 

racist

Tough spot for Idzik, really. If he's on the board at 5, passes on Winston, Cook, etc, and takes Amari Cooper or an OT, he better hope and pray that Geno and/or the QB he finds gets good quick.

Best case scenario for the Jets right now is that Geno turns the corner after having a good game against New England and a new player with Harvin. Whether you like Geno or not that is what Jet fans should be wanting right now imo.

The test case for Winston is Cam Newton, for the same reasons.

The test for Winston is that he plays for FSU and still has this much sh*t hanging over his head already. FSU dude. That means that when he's done there, we could discover he engages in necrophilia during a full moon and it wouldn't surprise me at all. That's how absurd his baggage is, ******* Florida State can't even hide it.

The test for Winston is that he plays for FSU and still has this much sh*t hanging over his head already. FSU dude. That means that when he's done there, we could discover he engages in necrophilia during a full moon and it wouldn't surprise me at all. That's how absurd his baggage is, ******* Florida State can't even hide it.

lol They got us working in shifts

Winston can't play nfl football. He suck when he gets pressured. Most of the time his line gives him plenty of time and the receivers are open. That's not going to happen in the nfl.

Winston can't play nfl football. He suck when he gets pressured. Most of the time his line gives him plenty of time and the receivers are open. That's not going to happen in the nfl.

Tom off course being the racist he is, compared him to Newton but that's not the comparison.  The comparison is Lienart.  Both played with all world talent in a bull sh*t conference (at the time both were/are playing) with the best OL, the best skills players vs. the most cupcake schedule in the NCAA. He has all the time in the world, throwing to wide open guys, who can take a 5 yards out to the house.  They're 100% more talented at every single position the field vs. every single opponent they face.  And Winston when pressing, isnt very good.

Tom off course being the racist he is, compared him to Newton but that's not the comparison. The comparison is Lienart. Both played with all world talent in a bull sh*t conference (at the time both were/are playing) with the best OL, the best skills players vs. the most cupcake schedule in the NCAA. He has all the time in the world, throwing to wide open guys, who can take a 5 yards out to the house. They're 100% more talented at every single position the field vs. every single opponent they face. And Winston when pressing, isnt very good.

Lienart is a prefect comparison.

The Jets would probably mess up their top 5 pick and select a person nobody has heard of. That's what the Jets have done in their history and they would probably do it again. History repeats itself and the Jets usually repeat their mistakes over and over and over again especially when they have pick selections to make. Idzik probably wouldn't even select any of these players because he cant evaluate talent and that's proven in this past off season.

Where are the cornerbacks? that's why the jets are bad right now. I really don't trust Idzik as the general manager because of the foolish things he has done decision wise so far.

Let's not ignore the gator below the post......

Lol

but seriously, Jameis seemed 11x better last season. The team is the reason their winning, not jameis

Archived