Kiper's Current Top 10

SouthernJet

yeah i wasn't referring to #1 overall, I was referring to top guy left when it's your turn in a given round. sounds like we are actually agreeing?

When you refer to taking the #3 guy on your board to fill a need over the #1 guy, we're not agreeing. I've been talking about the early rounds of the draft this whole time.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When you refer to taking the #3 guy on your board to fill a need over the #1 guy, we're not agreeing. I've been talking about the early rounds of the draft this whole time.

did you even read the post you responded to?

ah ok so 'BAP' to you excludes QB and only counts for early rounds. any other exceptions to this pure BAP strategy all "the smart guys do" that we should be aware of?

did you even read the post you responded to?

Yes, And I also read this one:

i think there is a middle ground. i'm not saying a smart team should take #50 on it's board over #1 just because #50 fills a need. but if the choice is between #1 and #3? yeah, #3 might make sense if there is a need there and #1 is a luxury pick at a position of strength. Besides, i'm not sure every team ranks every player in absolute linear order. More likely that many guys are put into groups, especially outside of the first or second tier of prospects, and then need and prior picks plays a bigger part when deciding who from that group you will pick.

Yes, And I also read this one:

yes, then i said, in the next post you responded to, that i wasn't talking about the best player in the draft but the top guy left on your board when your turn game around in any given round.

yes, then i said, in the next post you responded to, that i wasn't talking about the best player in the draft but the top guy left on your board when your turn game around in any given round.

I think you need to read your own post again, rather than worrying about me reading it.

I see JiF is very active in this thread. Now I don't know any of the names in the first post and haven't watched 1 play of college football in years but I do know JiF is not to be trusted. I vividly recall him working himself up into a lather in the draft thread when we picked Brian Winters. Called it "a great move" and "watch this guy" blah blah..

Just a friendly public service announcement... carry on.

How dare I be wrong about a 3rd round pick.

Archived