Indy Screwed Us Again?

win4ever

I think we all know about us and Peyton, but could we have been screwed by the Colts for Vonte Davis?  There were substantial rumors that the Jets all but had a deal in place for Vonte Davis this offseason, only he went back to the Colts and asked them to match the offer, and they did.   Now he's one of the best CBs in the game this year, and we're whiffing left and right.   

http://www.si.com/nfl/2014/10/22/vontae-davis-indianapolis-colts-defense-nfl-week-8

I think it's a good article showcasing how he's been really good this year with his recovery speed and play recognition.   I didn't think he was worth all that money in the offseason, and wasn't too worried about it when they Colts matched, but now it looks like we could've used him for sure.  

I'm pretty happy with our current corner play. Plus it was important to have enough money while simultaneously being a complete non threat at 1-6, making us the desirable destination for contenders looking to unload their malcontents with no worry of it haunting them in January.

We had the #1 pick but manning didn't come out. Hardly their fault. Obviously if they were willing to match the offer for davis to stay they liked him and if he went back and asked them to match he liked playing there as well. 

To me anyway that is hardly "screwed"

We had the #1 pick but manning didn't come out. Hardly their fault. Obviously if they were willing to match the offer for davis to stay they liked him and if he went back and asked them to match he liked playing there as well.

So we do have some rational fans.

I think we all know about us and Peyton, but could we have been screwed by the Colts for Vonte Davis?  There were substantial rumors that the Jets all but had a deal in place for Vonte Davis this offseason, only he went back to the Colts and asked them to match the offer, and they did.   Now he's one of the best CBs in the game this year, and we're whiffing left and right.   

http://www.si.com/nfl/2014/10/22/vontae-davis-indianapolis-colts-defense-nfl-week-8

I think it's a good article showcasing how he's been really good this year with his recovery speed and play recognition.   I didn't think he was worth all that money in the offseason, and wasn't too worried about it when they Colts matched, but now it looks like we could've used him for sure.  

but but but wrecks gets guys that want to play for him and will run through a wall for him................just another reason he needs to go not many people will choose a circus over a football team if the salaries are close.

but but but wrecks gets guys that want to play for him and will run through a wall for him................just another reason he needs to go not many people will choose a circus over a football team if the salaries are close.

The only reason the Colts aren't a bigger joke than us with Irsay is pure luck with the draft.

The only reason the Colts aren't a bigger joke than us with Irsay is pure luck with the draft.

well you could say that but you could also say if they didn't have luck in the draft i am sure they would find a better coach than the clown we have and i am sure they could put a better QB on the team then the loser we have.

his current players love him.  guys with options always take the money and if it's money plus a better QB you are golden.  jets lost FA's to luck and both mannings

it happens

can't fault Vontae if he wanted to stay in Indy, shopped around to get his value up and told the Colts he's theirs if they match offers.

Yeah, I can't really fault him I guess.  I just wish the Colts didn't match, because they didn't really pony up the money before he hit free agency.  

Yeah, but the rumors were that Manning would've come out if Parcells guaranteed him that the No.1 pick wouldn't be traded (much like Eli, he wanted to play in a big market).  I guess screwed is too direct a term, but just sucks that the Colts benefited from players that were so close to being with us.  It just hurts to know that things were so close.  Like we lament not picking Wilson even though we passed on guys like Kapernick because we know atleast some people in house vouched for Wilson, so it had a decent shot.  Just hurts a bit more.  Sort of how a heart breaker at the end stings more than a blowout.  

Archived