Gerald Mccoy just got a lot of money

Matt39

i honestly wouldn't be surprised if Idzik lets Mo walk.  he isn't in to these big money deals.  until he does it, I'm thinking Mo will be elsewhere in 2016

Mo has two more years commitment to the Jets.   If that's Idzik's plan he should have traded him

Mo's only 25 years old. He may not want a seven year deal, preferring to have another shot at another big payday. These kind of numbers might be why you hear that Idzik isn't agreeing to Mo's price, though. Still, have to think that this guy should be a piece of the puzzle no matter who's the coach next year. We all thought he was one of the big reasons Idzik chose not to spend this offseason.

This isn't the type of guy you let walk. This is a cornerstone type of player. Low key guy who does whatever's asked of him very well.

Mo's only 25 years old. He may not want a seven year deal, preferring to have another shot at another big payday. These kind of numbers might be why you hear that Idzik isn't agreeing to Mo's price, though. Still, have to think that this guy should be a piece of the puzzle no matter who's the coach next year. We all thought he was one of the big reasons Idzik chose not to spend this offseason.

This isn't the type of guy you let walk. This is a cornerstone type of player. Low key guy who does whatever's asked of him very well.

Yeah, like that.

i honestly wouldn't be surprised if Idzik lets Mo walk. he isn't in to these big money deals. until he does it, I'm thinking Mo will be elsewhere in 2016

Then there is really no point in using 1st round picks if a team is not going to re-sign plus players.

Any GM with a brain resigns Mo. Revis waz a unique situation. Jets were willing to resign him long term but his price tag and desire to essentially renegotiate every year were non starters.

I don't think we can afford to trade Mo, unless we shore up the LB and CB crew next year.  

Although, if you were hypothetically going to trade Mo, what would you ask for?  Lets assume this offseason, instead of tomorrow.   He would have 1 year left at around 7 million on his contract.  What are we going to get that makes sense for the other team as well?

I don't think we can afford to trade Mo, unless we shore up the LB and CB crew next year.

Although, if you were hypothetically going to trade Mo, what would you ask for? Lets assume this offseason, instead of tomorrow. He would have 1 year left at around 7 million on his contract. What are we going to get that makes sense for the other team as well?

If we're going to move him it should be for a player. We don't need another first round pick to burn on hot garbage for the secondary.

Total numbers mean nothing: how much is guaranteed and what's the yearly breakdown.

It's really annoying that this has to be said every single time. That we even know entirely too much about how much these people make is a travesty on it, but how they get reported is disgusting.

He's garuanteed $51 million of that "close to $100MM" reported...Boo.

If we're going to move him it should be for a player. We don't need another first round pick to burn on hot garbage for the secondary.

That might be tough to get a player of fair value for him.  I'm guessing the criteria for a team trading for has to be:

1)  Plays a 3-4 defense, his cost is going to be too prohibitive to find out if he fits in a 4-3 or not at that point.  

2)  Believe they have a shot to make a playoff run that year 

3)  Have a need at DE

4)  Have cap space to fit him in for the future.   

I think there is probably one or two teams that really fit.  One would be the Browns I'd assume, and Pettine is familiar with Wilkerson.  But not sure what would make sense for a one to one deal.  Besides the horrible idea of Manziel, I'm not sure what fits with that team.  Gilbert has some potential, but he's been horrible this year, but do we chalk that up to rookie problems and see if we can develop him?  Haden would be great, but he's being paid handsomely the next few years, and I'd rather just use the money, sign a good CB in the offseason, and not lose Wilkerson in that deal.   

However, I really want him to resign with us, hate seeing home grown guys go, especially because he seems like a guy that has taken Sheldon under his wings and seems to be a leader.  I just wish these contracts weren't so ludicrous. 

Archived