For those of you ready to kick geno to the curb and draft mariota

bealeb319

It would be our luck to get the top pick this year, get stuck with Mariota.

Then the following year the top pick will be Hackenberg, and someone else will get the next great QB in the NFL

I say we draft the best Wr this year and see what Geno can do if not I say we move way up to get Hackenberg  like the skins did for rg3. (god that means we would be in a world of hurt)  GO JETS!!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I say we draft the best Wr this year and see what Geno can do if not I say we move way up to get Hackenberg  like the skins did for rg3. (god that means we would be in a world of hurt)  GO JETS!!

fluck geno he sucks moss and rice  couldn't make him better.

He's looked terrible. He doesn't prepress through reads. He panics. That throw off his back foot for an INT against Notre Dame was laughable. He's not ready and no thanks.

Sure, look at all qb's in college football and im sure one can zero in on one bad throw off back foot. All in all, I've seen him come up big in the biggest situations. You cant teach that. You can teach him not to throw off his back foot..

I can't say I don't want mariota cause I haven't really watched him? It seems like, based on posts here, he can, without a doubt, progress through all the routes and hit the right WR. If that' holds true in the pros, he's better than Geno.

I think Gurley is the next great RB though and I hope we draft him.

im getting sick of people who are crying for us to draft mariota. first off I believe we have a qb who may never be elite but will be good enough. first off mariota is a duel threat qb he does a lot of running meaning he is more likely to get injured, second there are not many qbs who like to scramble and end up being successful in the league (im not talking about scrambles that can be seen by aaron Rodgers where he will run if no one is open and he has a clear lane for a first down then he slides) but more along the lines of rg3 where he will sometimes run before checking for all other options. you can argue russel Wilson however he is a bit different in that once he begins to run he will still look down field to see if anyone is open before going into a full scramble. that being said duel threat qbs are fun to watch but if you really want to win you want a more traditional quarterback as they are typically more reliable (how many of the qbs in the elite bracket are duel threat qbs?) the other thing is any qb that we bring in is going to need time to build up a tolerance for the jets fan base who are quick to scream for the next guy up after a qb plays one bad game. I honestly think geno is going to develop still and we need to give him a little more time and be patient with him. atleast give him until the end of the season and see what he can do now that we have a couple of players who can catch the ball. that being said im just going to leave you all with some statistics to add some perspective to this.

payton manning rookie year 1998 3739 yards 26 td 28 int 3 fumbles / tom brady first full year 2001 2843 18 td 12 int 13 fumbles / drew brees 2002 first full year 3284 yards 17 td 16int / Philip rivers 2006 first full year 3388 yards 22 td 9int 8 fumbles / Andrew Luck rookie year 2012 4374 yards 23 td 18int 10 fumbles / geno smith 2013 rookie year 3046 yards 12 td 21 int 8 fumbles.

*note that the fumbles listed are not all fumbles lost but all total fumbles by the qb

before anyone goes crazy I want to make it clear that by no means do I think geno will ever be as good as any of these guys. but the point I am trying to make is these guys who are or will be in the elite bracket did not get there overnight their first seasons they looked nothing like the future hall of famers who they are now and if you guys really want a good qb regardless of who it is you need to give them time to develop and stop screaming that they suck and we need to replace them every year to every other year. Geno has not even played 1 and a half seasons yet in the NFL and it is ridiculous to already kick him to the curb.

alright anyway I am done so go ahead and bring on the trolls.

Stfu thx

Geno is a horrible NFL QB, not even sure he is good enough to be a backup to be honest. You can say what you want about the WRs on the team and I admit they are not great but he makes the worst decisions possible most of the time.

I don't think Mariotta will be that good of a QB. If you watch their offinse he always seems to be throwing to wide open WRs, I never seem him throw into tight spots. I think he is very much a product of the system.

Telling you right now the best college QB is Trevone Boykin out of TCU, many of you have no idea who he is but watch some of his film. Dude has wheels, cannon of arm, and seems to make good decisions.

I think Vick would be a good QB if he knew the playbook, it is sad to see a NFL vet get in the game and not know where his primary reads are. Thankfully he is still a great athlete.

Really torn. Crab Legs is physically the best. But he's gonna be an off field disaster.Winston despite great talent is a dumbass. A GM has to decide; is it gonna be a Rothliseberger type livable situation or Leaf/Schlichter/Russell/marinovich levels of recurring bad stuff.

let's not forget that Rothlesburger was a good attorney away from the hoosegow.   In the post-ray rice era rothlisburger would have likely been locked up or at a minimum indefinite suspension.  

im getting sick of people who are crying for us to draft mariota. first off I believe we have a qb who may never be elite but will be good enough. first off mariota is a duel threat qb he does a lot of running meaning he is more likely to get injured, second there are not many qbs who like to scramble and end up being successful in the league (im not talking about scrambles that can be seen by aaron Rodgers where he will run if no one is open and he has a clear lane for a first down then he slides) but more along the lines of rg3 where he will sometimes run before checking for all other options. you can argue russel Wilson however he is a bit different in that once he begins to run he will still look down field to see if anyone is open before going into a full scramble. that being said duel threat qbs are fun to watch but if you really want to win you want a more traditional quarterback as they are typically more reliable (how many of the qbs in the elite bracket are duel threat qbs?) the other thing is any qb that we bring in is going to need time to build up a tolerance for the jets fan base who are quick to scream for the next guy up after a qb plays one bad game. I honestly think geno is going to develop still and we need to give him a little more time and be patient with him. atleast give him until the end of the season and see what he can do now that we have a couple of players who can catch the ball. that being said im just going to leave you all with some statistics to add some perspective to this.

payton manning rookie year 1998 3739 yards 26 td 28 int 3 fumbles / tom brady first full year 2001 2843 18 td 12 int 13 fumbles / drew brees 2002 first full year 3284 yards 17 td 16int / Philip rivers 2006 first full year 3388 yards 22 td 9int 8 fumbles / Andrew Luck rookie year 2012 4374 yards 23 td 18int 10 fumbles / geno smith 2013 rookie year 3046 yards 12 td 21 int 8 fumbles.

*note that the fumbles listed are not all fumbles lost but all total fumbles by the qb

before anyone goes crazy I want to make it clear that by no means do I think geno will ever be as good as any of these guys. but the point I am trying to make is these guys who are or will be in the elite bracket did not get there overnight their first seasons they looked nothing like the future hall of famers who they are now and if you guys really want a good qb regardless of who it is you need to give them time to develop and stop screaming that they suck and we need to replace them every year to every other year. Geno has not even played 1 and a half seasons yet in the NFL and it is ridiculous to already kick him to the curb.

So.... regret this thread now, kiddo?

im getting sick of people who are crying for us to draft mariota. first off I believe we have a qb who may never be elite but will be good enough. first off mariota is a duel threat qb he does a lot of running meaning he is more likely to get injured, second there are not many qbs who like to scramble and end up being successful in the league (im not talking about scrambles that can be seen by aaron Rodgers where he will run if no one is open and he has a clear lane for a first down then he slides) but more along the lines of  rg3 where he will sometimes run before checking for all other options. you can argue russel Wilson however he is a bit different in that once he begins to run he will still look down field to see if anyone is open before going into a full scramble. that being said duel threat qbs are fun to watch but if you really want to win you want a more traditional quarterback as they are typically more reliable (how many of the qbs in the elite bracket are duel threat qbs?) the other thing is any qb that we bring in is going to need time to build up a tolerance for the jets fan base who are quick to scream for the next guy up after a qb plays one bad game. I honestly think geno is going to develop still and we need to give him a little more time and be patient with him. atleast give him until the end of the season and see what he can do now that we have a couple of players who can catch the ball. that being said im just going to leave you all with some statistics to add some perspective to this.

payton manning rookie year 1998 3739 yards 26 td 28 int 3 fumbles / tom brady first full year 2001 2843 18 td 12 int 13 fumbles / drew brees 2002 first full year 3284 yards 17 td 16int / Philip rivers 2006 first full year 3388 yards 22 td 9int 8 fumbles / Andrew Luck rookie year 2012 4374 yards 23 td 18int 10 fumbles / geno smith 2013 rookie year 3046 yards 12 td 21 int 8 fumbles.

You obviously wrote this BEFORE the Buffalo game.

Geno is not the answer, however if we have a top 3 pick and Amari Cooper is there you need to take him. He is the number 1 we need. 

we have no quarterbacks on this team at all. our receivers are decent. our quarterbacks are the absolute worst in the league.

we have no quarterbacks on this team at all. our receivers are decent. our quarterbacks are the absolute worst in the league.

Our WR's are decent? Decker is decent, kerley is avg at BEST, and Harvin will not be here due to the salary number.

Plus I will say that I am not all that impressed with the QB's coming out, especially if we have a top 5 pick. Amari Cooper is the best player in college football. Draft a qb in the second round or get a veteran FA for the time being.  

Our WR's are decent? Decker is decent, kerley is avg at BEST, and Harvin will not be here due to the salary number.

Plus I will say that I am not all that impressed with the QB's coming out, especially if we have a top 5 pick. Amari Cooper is the best player in college football. Draft a qb in the second round or get a veteran FA for the time being.  

who do you suggest we draft in the second round? or sign as a vet free agent? you CAN NOT win in this league without a good qb. idc who your receivers are, you need a qb. the most important part of having a consistent winning team is the qb. for instance, matthew Stafford is winning with just about zero "weapons". we need a real qb. when you don't have one you have to do everything you can to get one

who do you suggest we draft in the second round? or sign as a vet free agent? you CAN NOT win in this league without a good qb. idc who your receivers are, you need a qb. the most important part of having a consistent winning team is the qb. for instance, matthew Stafford is winning with just about zero "weapons". we need a real qb. when you don't have one you have to do everything you can to get one

Moving up from the 2nd round into the late 1st is an option as well.  It won't be difficult given that our 2nd rounder will basically be like a late 1st anyways.

Archived