Farewell Rex - Thanks for the memories

Pac

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My only memories of Rex Ryan are going to be all the 1-15 years he strung together with no significant wins.

Ever since the Ape started that young Shanny thread, I'm really starting to warm up to it.  He could be the answer with Jameis Winston to develop.

• 3 weeks later...

Was holding out hope that the team would respond but this is a disaster.  We've been in 6 out of 8 games despite this terrible roster but at the end of the day it's about wins.  I don't think they'll be able to come back from this humiliating performance against the Buffalo Bills of all teams.

Thanks for 09' and 10' as those were 2 of the most fun years I've had watching 30 years of Jet football.

You got a raw deal but it is what it is.  Lets hope the next coach is given a fair shake.

Screw you dude. Rex made his OWN bad luck, with no accountability he has reaped what he has sown and if he had any balls at all he would quit right now.

08 Jets were 8 and 3 (under Mangini/Tanny)....coming off back to back wins over Tenn. and the Pats (the two best teams then in the AFC)....Favre hurts is bicep.....and then we finish 9-7......the d was pretty good (enough to win) back then as well. Not saying Mangini is/was the answer, just we played much better than 2011,2012,2013 and 2014.....we have gotten considerable worse...No?

yes. Much worse. And if you really follow things, Rex's fingerprints are on EVERY bad move the team has made. First of all Favre was Tanny's mistake - should have drafted Joe Flacco but this team never gets it right. Let's hope the owner has had enough of being ridiculed by his own fan base and cleans house - now would be nice.

Was holding out hope that the team would respond but this is a disaster.  We've been in 6 out of 8 games despite this terrible roster but at the end of the day it's about wins.  I don't think they'll be able to come back from this humiliating performance against the Buffalo Bills of all teams.

Thanks for 09' and 10' as those were 2 of the most fun years I've had watching 30 years of Jet football.

You got a raw deal but it is what it is.  Lets hope the next coach is given a fair shake.

I never called a spade a spade before now - but, you're a not a smart person. Rex sucks!

Actually Rex brought in Bart and JL and turned a mediocre defense into the leagues best.  Mangini was a terrible coach which is why Cleveland fired him and he hasn't been on a coaching staff since. 

Weren't there like 14 different players brought in on the '09 roster to include the most important position of QB?  I love how the Mangini-lovers act like he did this Jimmy Johnson type of GM building that team.  If Eric Mangini was such a phenomenal evaluator of talent he wouldn't have lost almost every game during his tenure in Cleveland and 32 NFL Owners and GM's want nothing to do with him.

Hello to everyone;

I’m using one of my last posts on J.I. as my 1st on J.N. seeing that we are at crawling our way to the end of the Ryan era;

Rex, thanks for the memories. You gave this team some swagger and bravado that we haven't seen in a very, very long time. ALL OF US LONG TIME SUFFERING FANS REALLY WANTED YOU TO SUCCEED.
Unfortunately, you are a lousy head coach.

Archived