Farewell Rex - Thanks for the memories

Pac

i know ill get ripped for saying this but i agree with pac. 09 and 10 teams were the most fun i ever had rooting for this team. rex with his guarentees and talking crap was a breath of fresh air for this franchise.  i really did believe everything that guy said back then and id imagine the players did too.  i know hes about to get axxed but i wish rex the best.  i like the guy but understand its time to move on. thanks for the memories rex and heres hoping we get a great coach to overtake your positon

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually I wasn't trolling. Just excercising my right to start a thread like anyone else. I knew I'd catch some grief but not sure what bp is blabbering about.

Other than that I do believe what I posted. As do most objective reporters nationwide.

Exercising. I'm really not surprised you'd spell that wrong.

Rex was given every chance as HC of the NYJ, maybe not in 2014 but over the course of 6 seasons it's hard to continue to come up with excuses. 

You cannot buck an industry trend for 6 years and get away with it unless you succeed completely.Ryan has failed. To keep pretending a real passing attack is optional under these rules in the NFL in 2014 is being a beeper salesman in an iPhone world.

Never liked Rex. Always saw him as an embarrassment. That being said, if Atlanta hired him as HC I think he could actually be the right fit. He has a ready made offense, and he could quickly help rebuild that defense. I hope he takes our two most overrated players off our hands like when he tried to build our defense around Leonhard and Scott LOL. What a joke.

Rex will never get another HC position in the NFL.

What team, including the Raiders, would hire a guy that is totally unqualified and brings a circus atmosphere to a franchise?

Exactly what would he do for the Falcons defense? Take them from 12 turnovers in 8 games to 1?

Rex will never get another HC position in the NFL.

What team, including the Raiders, would hire a guy that is totally unqualified and brings a circus atmosphere to a franchise?

Exactly what would he do for the Falcons defense? Take them from 12 turnovers in 8 games to 1?

These people are completely delusional. The entire league now sees what Ozzie Newsome saw when he passed Rex over for an obscure special teams coach from Philly.

Rex Ryan was only a good coach with Manginis borrowed talent in 2009,2010. The Rest of the seasons were very forgettable. Sure there are playoff memories of victories @Patriots @Colts @Chargers @Bengals in the 09 and 10 playoff seasons. The 2 AFC Championship appearences which they lost respectively in 09 and 10 vs the Colts and the Steelers. After that the teams Rex Ryan has built himself have been very disappointing. Sorry to say Rex Ryan has to go.

These people are completely delusional. The entire league now sees what Ozzie Newsome saw when he passed Rex over for an obscure special teams coach from Philly.

Obviously, Woody is color blind and didn't see that red flag.

Ozzie is one of the best in the NFL in evaluating talent and he wanted no part of Rex Ryan.

Team quit

Again.

For all the "master motivator" talk we've heard over the past 6 years, it cracks me up how often this team will quit on a game / season. 

Oh well, ******* it... bring us that #1 overall pick so we can **** that up too.

Again.

For all the "master motivator" talk we've heard over the past 6 years, it cracks me up how often this team will quit on a game / season.

Oh well, ******* it... bring us that #1 overall pick so we can **** that up too.

I thought harvin trade meant we were stuck with geno and Rex for another year. But this is one of those vomitus meltdowns that changes everything

I thought harvin signing meant we were stuck with geno and Rex for another year. But this is one of those vomitus meltdowns that changes everything

I was scared that might be the case too, but I'm guessing the Harvin thing might have been for internal appeasement. There's got to be a lot of finger pointing going on behind closed doors now... can't even imagine how toxic it is becoming.

Team should be fully "given up" within 2 weeks, I'm hoping.

The this pig needs to be gutted.

Worst thread by the worst poster lol only after this abismall performance do you submit. Hilarious

Jim we are friends but I will have no choice but to ban you if you are going to continue with the personal attacks.

Was holding out hope that the team would respond but this is a disaster.  We've been in 6 out of 8 games despite this terrible roster but at the end of the day it's about wins.  I don't think they'll be able to come back from this humiliating performance against the Buffalo Bills of all teams.

Thanks for 09' and 10' as those were 2 of the most fun years I've had watching 30 years of Jet football.

You got a raw deal but it is what it is.  Lets hope the next coach is given a fair shake.

09 and 10 were teams put together by Mangious and Tanny (remember??)...2011 it was all Rex, 2012 it was all Rex, 2013 its was all Is-Dick and Rex and now 2014 again all on Is-Dick and Rex......see a pattern?

Jim we are friends but I will have no choice but to ban you if you are going to continue with the personal attacks.

He's fine..  I live with my girlfriend.  I'm used to someone yelling at me for no reason. 

09 and 10 were teams put together by Mangious and Tanny (remember??)...2011 it was all Rex, 2012 it was all Rex, 2013 its was all Is-Dick and Rex and now 2014 again all on Is-Dick and Rex......see a pattern?

Actually Rex brought in Bart and JL and turned a mediocre defense into the leagues best.  Mangini was a terrible coach which is why Cleveland fired him and he hasn't been on a coaching staff since. 

Actually Rex brought in Bart and JL and turned a mediocre defense into the leagues best.  Mangini was a terrible coach which is why Cleveland fired him and he hasn't been on a coaching staff since. 

08 Jets were 8 and 3 (under Mangini/Tanny)....coming off back to back wins over Tenn. and the Pats (the two best teams then in the AFC)....Favre hurts is bicep.....and then we finish 9-7......the d was pretty good (enough to win) back then as well. Not saying Mangini is/was the answer, just we played much better than 2011,2012,2013 and 2014.....we have gotten considerable worse...No?

Archived