"Geno Smith is our starter at Kansas City, definitely. He gives us the best chance to win."

SAR I

Good, the second half of the thread title is entirely true. Vick is finished as a starter. Starting Simms is the equivalent of that lion with a broken off jaw laying down by the river after wandering around unable to hunt, eat, or drink. The NFL is too parity friendly to just roll over and die like that, I would hope the Jets pay dearly for such a move.

I hope Geno doesn't see the field again this year. I think he killed his career today.

I would like to see us start Simms too, because even if it turns out he sucks, we would now know that and be able to move on. He wasn't any good last year when he came in for Geno. But with some actual weapons, if he can simply be a game manager (make accurate enough throws, pretty much), hand the ball off to Ivory, and get the ball to Harvin, Decker and Amaro, maybe we have something there. I wouldn't get my hopes up for that in any possible way, but you don't know until you try.

I hope Geno doesn't see the field again this year. I think he killed his career today.

I would like to see us start Simms too, because even if it turns out he sucks, we would now know that and be able to move on. He wasn't any good last year when he came in for Geno. But with some actual weapons, if he can simply be a game manager (make accurate enough throws, pretty much), hand the ball off to Ivory, and get the ball to Harvin, Decker and Amaro, maybe we have something there. I wouldn't get my hopes up for that in any possible way, but you don't know until you try.

Actually there is a whole group of people paid a lot of money to analyze data and make reasonable predictions so they do "know before they try"--scouts and GM are paid to find, evaluate and acquire talent based on college game film and other data while coaches and coordinators are expected to extrapolate players' performance in practice to make decisions on who gets into the game. The old "dont know til you try" method is not how competent teams make decisions.

Now the problem is the jets suck at identifying, signing, and evaluated on-team talent so maybe you have a point!

Actually there is a whole group of people paid a lot of money to analyze data and make reasonable predictions so they do "know before they try"--scouts and GM are paid to find, evaluate and acquire talent based on college game film and other data while coaches and coordinators are expected to extrapolate players' performance in practice to make decisions on who gets into the game. The old "dont know til you try" method is not how competent teams make decisions.

Now the problem is the jets suck at identifying, signing, and evaluated on-team talent so maybe you have a point!

unfortunately, this is FAR from a competent team. When you end up in this much of a mess, it can't hurt to try.

Yep

That's why they BOTH need to go.   Geno Smith is toast.  His era is over in NY.

Vick is here for a paycheck.  This might be his last year in the league.  He made a few plays today, but goodness you can't turn the ball over like that.  

Simms?  Who the heck knows.  Kid has a cannon for an arm.  Sucked in college.  Couldn't even win a starting job.  Turned up on the Jets as a camp arm.  Played well.  PS

Has seemed to get better each year.  Still hanging around.  Has a cannon for an arm.

Jets have to turn the page next year and get another QB in (sigh)  Why not give Simms the ball with a week of prep.  If he sucks?  So what.  Could it really be any worst then what we saw today?

Did I mention that Simms has a cannon for an arm.

Boy things are bad

agreed brother.

I don't see how it's even surprising, he did the same thing with Sanchez and he has a mark sanchez tattoo. 

how bush league is that. a tattoo of your (horrible) starting QB. No wonder no real GM wanted this crap job. So we hired a guy no one ever heard of and now no real HCs want to come here to work for him. Awesome cycle of sewage we created here.

how bush league is that. a tattoo of your (horrible) starting QB. No wonder no real GM wanted this crap job. So we hired a guy no one ever heard of and now no real HCs want to come here to work for him. Awesome cycle of sewage we created here.

You make an excellent point. We might get yet another lines coach who will fail and Idz will get fired in 2 years...We won't be able to get a real GM because we will force a circus coach on him and on and on.

Archived