Idzik Is Giving His Mid-Season PC TOMORROW

SoFlaJets

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"we're constantly evaluating and those decisons will be made at the end of the year"

"every decision we make with regards to the roster is done with the best interests of the team in mind"

"1-7 is certainly not where we expected to be but lets let it play out and we'll see where we're at at the end of the year"

"I believe Geno has the ability to be a good QB in this league"

"I won't discuss private conversations we've had regarding that"

"I have to announce that at 12:35 AM Rex Ryan was told that he is being relieved of his duties as head coach of the New York Jets"

"we're constantly evaluating and those decisons will be made at the end of the year"

"every decision we make with regards to the roster is done with the best interests of the team in mind"

"1-7 is certainly not where we expected to be but lets let it play out and we'll see where we're at at the end of the year"

"I believe Geno has the ability to be a good QB in this league"

"I won't discuss private conversations we've had regarding that"

Fixed

I don't think anything is coming out of it, especially from him, because part of the problem with the roster is Idzik's mistakes.   We pretty much have JAGs running around as CBs, our best CB might be a converted safety who was a 7th rd pick to begin with.  Both of our seemingly inept QBs were brought in by him, offensive line has major pass blocking issues, and our special teams is retarded.  

I don't think he can just lay it at Rex's feet and get away with it, because then the rest of the season, the heat is on him.  It serves him much better to take the "We're going to be patient, this is unfortunate, blah blah blah" approach until after the season, and then possibly make a coaching change.  This buys him an extra year atleast to make things right, whereas firing Rex puts the scorn of the fans right on him as the next scapegoat.  

I would love to see Sanjay Lal fired though.  Absolutely useless, don't think I've seen one WR improve a bit since he's been here.  A bit.  

Woody will never fire Rex mid-season. Nothing to be accomplished by doing that.

Besides, Jets still have a shot at 9-7 and the playoffs.

Johnson has two big decisions to make one on his HC and the other on the GM. He can't make them BOTH at the end of the season Mike, which is why he kept Rex 2 years ago after firing almost everybody BUT the HC. If Rex is sh!tcanned tonight then Woody can fire Idzik if the Jets have a 1-2 or 3 win season 

you have to remember your candidate pool will pay attention to how you handle the incumbent

Idzik needs to support rex, say they are all working hard, and trying to get better everyday, while saying it's a results business and the results must get better

if you fire him with no corners and no QB, the potential candidates will not be thrilled to come here, if you give him the season at least you can say you gave rex every chance to turn it around

with that said, I hope he is fired the day after the season is over

Johnson has two big decisions to make one on his HC and the other on the GM. He can't make them BOTH at the end of the season Mike, which is why he kept Rex 2 years ago after firing almost everybody BUT the HC. If Rex is sh!tcanned tonight then Woody can fire Idzik if the Jets have a 1-2 or 3 win season

Just don't see it happening Jimmy.

Rex will be a goner at the end of the season, but personally I see Idzik staying.

Just don't see it happening Jimmy.

Rex will be a goner at the end of the season, but personally I see Idzik staying.

I do too, especially since Rex had to hire a head hunting firm to find someone stupid enough to work under these conditions in the first place. You would think that the owner of an NFL team would have 25 numbers of people that he himself knows and could open his cell phone and just press names and find someone. Not Woody.

should have fired Idzik BEFORE he was allowed to trade for Harvin.  

Rex really needs to be fired.

Idzik should probably be fired for this draft. 

The sad thing is Woody isn't "rash" or "impulsive", he's actually way worse. He hires the wrong people and then takes way too long to get rid of them. Even then, he brings guys back on a demotion (Bob Sutton, Terry Bradway). He fires the GM and forces a new GM to take on the HC. Like what other franchise does this chicken sh*t stuff?

Why wait?

Because you get a dead cat bounce and there becomes a small but definite groundswell to draw some positive conclusions from a mirage.

Questions for Idizk-

How are draft decisions made? Why was Smith drafted? Why did you pass on Garapolo and Mamziel? Why Pryor(who looks like crap)? Why was Vick signed? 

Bascially from 2 years of drafts we have Amaro and Richardson who are good, Pryor and Aboushi who  are serviceable, and that's it.  Idizk gets no credit for taking guys like McDougle and Milliner who were always hurt in college and still are.

Archived