Martavis Bryant Going off again

SonnyJet

Receiving: 39-370-2

Rushing: 6-68-1

He's a gadget guy...didnt think he fit here. The Saints have to force him the ball and create specific plays for him...preferred an outside receiver.

Whatever, this is a silly argument...Cooks is a good player, you guys think he's Jerry Rice.

I was hoping for a Allen Robinson in the 2nd but the JETS went Amaro. Not a bad pick.

I was hoping Bryant in the 3rd but the JETS went McDougle. Again McDougle just might be a player but Bryant is a contributing now. Heck they could have gone Montcrief like Colts did.

I was hoping Bryant twice again in the 4th but the JETS went Midget and Butterfingers. Saunders is warming some PS and Evans might as yet become a player. But Bryant is a weapon now. But then again who knows. The way JETS develop WR's he might have played two seasons and been let go for not playing special teams at the end of the 3rd training camp.

I was hoping for a Allen Robinson in the 2nd but the JETS went Amaro. Not a bad pick.

I was hoping Bryant in the 3rd but the JETS went McDougle. Again McDougle just might be a player but Bryant is a contributing now. Heck they could have gone Montcrief like Colts did.

I was hoping Bryant twice again in the 4th but the JETS went Midget and Butterfingers. Saunders is warming some PS and Evans might as yet become a player. But Bryant is a weapon now. But then again who knows. The way JETS develop WR's he might have played two seasons and been let go for not playing special teams at the end of the 3rd training camp.

4th round was a sh*t show.

Looks like you called it pretty good, i would add though that martavius bryant is a name that wouldnt be known to anyone but diehard jets fans had he landed here.

Why couldn't Seth Ryan share some insight about this guy?   Had to be the idiot Boyd that he looked upto?  

After Round 1 (because I thought Beckham was the best pick for us, but he never made it), I thought Mathews, Moncrief, Bryant were the way to go.  Guys with size, speed, and agility to give one on one night mares.  We didn't get one.  

Why couldn't Seth Ryan share some insight about this guy?

He probably learned everything he knows about talent evaluation from his father, meaning he wouldn't be able to spot it if it walked up to him and punched him in the face.

How does that corner from Clemson the Redskins took in the 4th look? He's another guy we could've taken in the 3rd instead of Dexter McFragile.

That's not the debate.

He would have been a much better fit on the Jets than Pryor.

The argument always changes for Matt until he feels he won.  It's morphed into whether Cooks is an "outside receiver" even though that's where he lined up on the TD catch where he split two DBs and where he's been on probably more than half their plays from scrimmage this year. 

Cooks is on pace for 80 catches and over 1,000 all purpose yards as a rookie, has yet to ever have a major injury and is considered a good locker room, high character player. But we have Percy Harvin now... who's about 6 years older, a malcontent, always hurt and about 8 million dollars more a year.

Archived