Getting close to who we take at #1 or #2 discussion

SouthernJet

Step 1: Clean house. Gut the scouting department, especially the guys that have guided the roster development going all the way back over 10 years.

Step 2: If [capable QB] then Amari Cooper.

Step 3: If [no QB] then Marcus Mariotta. 

Step 4: Fix the offensive line. 

Step 5: Fix the secondary.

Step 6: Move the team back to Long Island, because why not? We're day dreaming no?

*Marcus Mariota QB 1 Oregon rJr 6-4 215 1 2 *Leonard Williams DT 1 Southern California Jr 6-5 298 1 3 *Jameis Winston QB 2 Florida State rSo 6-4 235 1 4 Cedric Ogbuehi OT 1 Texas A&M rSr 6-5 300 1 5 *Andrus Peat OT 2 Stanford Jr 6-7 312 1 6 Brandon Scherff OT 3 Iowa rSr 6-5 320 1 7 *Landon Collins SS 1 Alabama Jr 6-0 215 1 8 *Randy Gregory DE 1 Nebraska rJr 6-6 245 1 9 *Shawn Oakman DE 2 Baylor rJr 6-8 275 1 10 *Marcus Peters CB 1 Washington rJr 6-0 198 1 11 *Shilique Calhoun DE 3 Michigan State rJr 6-4 257 1 12 Kevin White WR 1 West Virginia Sr 6-3 209 1 13 *Connor Cook QB 3 Michigan State rJr 6-4 220 1 14 *Todd Gurley RB 1 Georgia Jr 6-1 232 1 15 Vic Beasley OLB 1 Clemson rSr 6-2 235 1 16 *P.J. Williams CB 2 Florida State Jr 6-0 196 1

They have to, I mean, HAVE TO, take a QB in the first round. They HAVE to. Keep swinging. And swinging. And swinging. etc. etc. That's all you can do until finally the sun shines on your ass. Seriously, eventually...someday...they have to get one out of pure chance, no? Mathmatical percentages and stuff? 

Step 1: Clean house. Gut the scouting department, especially the guys that have guided the roster development going all the way back over 10 years.

Step 2: If [capable QB] then Amari Cooper.

Step 3: If [no QB] then Marcus Mariotta. 

Step 4: Fix the offensive line. 

Step 5: Fix the secondary.

Step 6: Move the team back to Long Island, because why not? We're day dreaming no?

Good plan, as long as Step #1 is "Fire Rex and the Coaching Staff", then +1

They have to, I mean, HAVE TO, take a QB in the first round. They HAVE to. Keep swinging. And swinging. And swinging. etc. etc. That's all you can do until finally the sun shines on your ass. Seriously, eventually...someday...they have to get one out of pure chance, no? Mathmatical percentages and stuff? 

Maybe we can petition NFL to let us have a coach (hire Namath)  stand behind the QB and talk him through the plays like in Practices

ku_fbc_practice_05_t960.JPG?b8ea04f16efc

Considering the best QB available in FA is gonna be Hoyer, our #1 target in the draft should be Mariota. That's why we should do everything possible to ensure we lose out. 

trade entire draft for a QB that is already developed. i wouldn't trust jets to develop game film of a college QB

That's why it's imperative that we fire the entire coaching staff and bring a new one on board that can develop a QB. 

only if we get someone with a track record of developing qbs. if we get someone who has never done it before, make a trade rather than just hope he can make it work.

m

They'd be better off taking a vet. This years QBs are going to suck in the nfl. Get a vet QB and draft to fix the line and DBs.

It depends on who will be doing the drafting next year.If it's an entirely new regime with a track record of picking and developing QB's then by all means go for it.If not, take best O-lineman or trade down. Can't in any way, shape or form let anyone who was responsible for Sanchez or Geno pick the next QB. 

I really  want Bradway gone.  There is something perverse about keeping him around.  When you fire a GM, he should be gone.  You would not fire Idzik and keep him around for the salary cap.  They say he is a good scout.  He was no draft guru when he was GM.  I do not know much about college guys, but they have to do something at QB.  Another potential starting wideout. Two injured corners coming back, they will need to draft one and sign one.  It would help to know who the coach was going to be.  I am a BPA guy, but I do not see how they avoid the QB need.  

Chip Kelly loves him some Mariota. If we get the 1st pick trade it to Philly for Foles and Mccoy.

Wouldn't it be so Jet like to trade the 1st pick to the Eagles for Sanchez, and their 1st, they take Mariota make him a star, and we got the Sanchize back all mature, and stuff.

Archived