GM Candidates

sourceworx

Idzik's sh!t-show of a press conference has me thinking Woody might clean house after all.  If so, I think Woody should consult Ernie Accorsi to help find a new GM.   

No coaching restraints.  A clean slate. Who would be the top candidates? 

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I personally think we need a Director of Football Operations, a GM and a completely new coaching staff, and scouting dept.

You can't fire the scouting department right away.  There simply isn't enough time to assemble a staff, get full scouting reports, etc.

Start with the GM and coach, and work your way down from there.

You can't fire the scouting department right away.  There simply isn't enough time to assemble a staff, get full scouting reports, etc.

I think we'd be better off with new guys that are still unpacking their moving boxes over the guys who have helped influence every draft for the past 10+ years.

Tom Gamble andf Steve Ross were the 2 young up and comers 2 years ago. You can retain Ryan for the rest of the season. But within a week Idzik should be leaving. That half hour was a catastrophe.

I personally think we need a Director of Football Operations, a GM and a completely new coaching staff, and scouting dept.

Agreed.

Idzik, based on today, must go as well.

This sshouldn't be a thought in anyone's mind. Idzik isn't going anywhere. Woody isn't going to fire a second year GM no maybe how sh*tty he does. It's just the Woody way.

I thought that too.....till today.

if you guys thought the Jets were a tough sell to GM candidates two years ago, try getting one after firing Idzik this year.

I see it differently. shows that an owner see's a problem and acts promptly to fix it. its obvious to the entire nfl world that idzik is not qaulified

Tom Gamble was our guy, but after we trashed him through the media for supposedly being a "bad interview" after he declined the job because he didn't want to take on Rex ('slats' will be by any minute now to assure everyone this isn't how it went down), I doubt he'd come here now. Maybe if we publicly apologize to him and beg him to reconsider and promise him, in writing, full control of football operations, we'd have a shot. Otherwise, just give Harbaugh the Parcells role and let him have carte blanche to do whatever he wants.

if you guys thought the Jets were a tough sell to GM candidates two years ago, try getting one after firing Idzik this year.

Much better situation this year IMO. Tons of cap space, opportunity to actually choose your own coach, and what's looking like a top 5 draft pick in a substantially better draft. All key factors.

I loved Idzik's plan in theory, but don't think he's the right guy to execute it. And if a new GM planned on coming in, preaching building through the draft, and subsequently botching draft picks left and right I'm sure he'd expect to get fired as well.

So we should keep him because it'll be hard to find a new one? 

Tom Gamble was our guy, but after we trashed him through the media for supposedly being a "bad interview" after he declined the job because he didn't want to take on Rex ('slats' will be by any minute now to assure everyone this isn't how it went down), I doubt he'd come here now. Maybe if we publicly apologize to him and beg him to reconsider and promise him, in writing, full control of football operations, we'd have a shot. Otherwise, just give Harbaugh the Parcells role and let him have carte blanche to do whatever he wants.

Only because it absolutely didn't, and you repeating this drivel over and over again doesn't change that fact. 

That's been the excuse with this scouting department for a decade.  Bradway has to go....you have to clean house - it's not like the drafting is going to be that much worse.  Heck you could take a consensus of the "experts" and do as good and/or do a better job than we've done.

Get a good GM with a personnel background and build from there...Just pull off the band-aid.

Yeah, just like Rex was sitting right beside Gamble during the interview, right? Oh wait, he was down at Atlantis catching rays at the time:

I said that Rex had sat in on GM interviews, not that one specifically. But given your recollection of the events surrounding Gamble, I'm not surprised that you got that wrong, too. 

Archived