Next GM/HC

MyFavoriteMartin28

my top 2 candidates are jim harbaugh and gus malzahn.   

Either way Idzik and Bradway need to go, I have no idea who would be GM for either HC.  

I understand Harbaugh, but I think I saw a report he prefers to stay in Cali (due to wife).

As far as Malzhan, do you see his offense translating to the NFL? 

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like Harbaugh as a replacement, and I think we could be an appealing situation if...

Woody gives him GM and HC duties (At this point why not take the risk?)

We will have a high draft pick

We have $20million in cap space or so

We have some pieces you can build around (Mo, Mangold, Brick, Amaro, Pryor, Sheldon, Decker, Harvin, Kerley)

For someone who wants control this is a very enticing offer, you get the power, lots of money to spend, and a high draft pick to start off with.

I've been quiet today, didn't watch the pressers. Read some tweets just now. I'm just disgusted. It's hard to stomach but it's nothing I'm not used to. Still wore my Jets 1960 established hoodie with pride, the Jets suck but they're still my team no matter what. With that said, we need someone to come in here with a proven track record. Give me Harbaugh, give me Gruden, give me something I have a reason to believe in. I love Rex but it's time to move on. It's just really disgusting, all of this.

Well stated. I too am a 40 year Jets fan.  Woody has got to clean house.  Idzik and his scouts have to be fired. Any Jets fan with a football magazine could have made better choices than Idzik in the last 2 drafts.  Its depressing to look at it.     where is the CB.... where is the WR...?

....Rex's early success was because he inherited a quality team from the Mangini years.  When the tough , hard nosed players like Damien Woody, Thomas Jones, T. Rich, etc..  were gone.... his choices as replacements and his other decisions were often poor. i.e ( Ruining Mark Sanchez in the Snoopy Bowl)   Leading to the slow decline of the team.  Now we are at the absolute bottom with no QB.

Otherwise I would pry Newsome's right hand man away from Baltimore and give him the job and hope some of Ozzie rubbed off.

Eric DeCosta is the heir to the throne in Baltimore, and he'd rather wait for Ozzie to retire than be a GM elsewhere. He was the most in-demand GM candidate the year we signed Idzik, yet he declined to meet with any team. 

Well stated. I too am a 40 year Jets fan.  Woody has got to clean house.  Idzik and his scouts have to be fired. Any Jets fan with a football magazine could have made better choices than Idzik in the last 2 drafts.  Its depressing to look at it.     where is the CB.... where is the WR...?

....Rex's early success was because he inherited a quality team from the Mangini years.  When the tough , hard nosed players like Damien Woody, Thomas Jones, T. Rich, etc..  were gone.... his choices as replacements and his other decisions were often poor. i.e ( Ruining Mark Sanchez in the Snoopy Bowl)   Leading to the slow decline of the team.  Now we are at the absolute bottom with no QB.

yes you are onto something and it wasn't just the skill of the departing players that exposed ryan--the guys who left were also the LEADERS in the locker room. what was left was an ass slapping funhouse with a cotton candy machine and pony rides.

Eric DeCosta is the heir to the throne in Baltimore, and he'd rather wait for Ozzie to retire than be a GM elsewhere. He was the most in-demand GM candidate the year we signed Idzik, yet he declined to meet with any team. 

i wish there was an option to auto-draft like in fantasy football

I understand Harbaugh, but I think I saw a report he prefers to stay in Cali (due to wife).

As far as Malzhan, do you see his offense translating to the NFL? 

Chip Kelly seems to be adjusting pretty well to the NFL.   Right now I probably like the idea of Malzahn better than I actually like him but I am just so tired of the same old same old from the Jets.  

Malzahn was OC at Auburn when they won the championship with Cam and was HC last season with a totally different offensive style.   You are already seeing a move to more hurry up and calling plays on the line.   I think given a personnel guy who can execute Malzahn's vision he would do pretty well in the NFL. 

Chip Kelly seems to be adjusting pretty well to the NFL. Right now I probably like the idea of Malzahn better than I actually like him but I am just so tired of the same old same old from the Jets.

Malzahn was OC at Auburn when they won the championship with Cam and was HC last season with a totally different offensive style. You are already seeing a move to more hurry up and calling plays on the line. I think given a personnel guy who can execute Malzahn's vision he would do pretty well in the NFL.

I definitely favor an experienced HC.

With that said, I'm always impressed with Auburns preparation and play-calling. They always have the other team off balance and they really dictate the tempo.

If I'm a well regarded HC at auburn and people love me there, do I want to come to the Jets?

Chip Kelly seems to be adjusting pretty well to the NFL.   Right now I probably like the idea of Malzahn better than I actually like him but I am just so tired of the same old same old from the Jets.  

Malzahn was OC at Auburn when they won the championship with Cam and was HC last season with a totally different offensive style.   You are already seeing a move to more hurry up and calling plays on the line.   I think given a personnel guy who can execute Malzahn's vision he would do pretty well in the NFL. 

Fair enough.

I do not think Chip ran that much at Oregon or the real U(NH). 

Malzhan and Mariotta?  Might be a nice fit together.

I've been quiet today, didn't watch the pressers. Read some tweets just now. I'm just disgusted. It's hard to stomach but it's nothing I'm not used to. Still wore my Jets 1960 established hoodie with pride, the Jets suck but they're still my team no matter what. With that said, we need someone to come in here with a proven track record. Give me Harbaugh, give me Gruden, give me something I have a reason to believe in. I love Rex but it's time to move on. It's just really disgusting, all of this.

Well, Gruden won a SB with an average (though very experienced)QB, but he had a peek at the other team's playbook, if you will.  He still had to get there.  Anything to get him out of the booth would be nice.  Harbaugh, to me, looks like a rubber band that has been stretched to its absolute limit.  Not made forNY, if you know what I mean.  His brother seems better suited to be here.

I agree, I think he could really help us out with the face paced attack. More and more teams are going to it now, and it really puts the defense at a disadvantage because it limits the exploits of the defensive coordinator. I think thats partially why these heavy schematic blitz type defensive coordinators such as rex, rob, dick lebeau (sp?), and monte Kiffin's have been less effective lately because the fast offenses can help to take them out of the game or play more limited defense because they can't sub.

Another couple of college candidates I liked are::

Kevin Sumlin: Another guy that employs fast paced offense, but he also seems to stress the run enough. He's also done a great job at developing lineman and young players.

Kliff Kingsbury: the guy at Texas Tech, I think he's having a down year this year, but he's apparently a qb guru, runs the air raid system. His offenses and QBs always seem to produce stats, so he could be interesting.

However Malzahn is the most proven of the three so he'd be my top choice.

Polian did pretty well with the Panthers and Bills before that. Manning going down and the record had more to do with building a certain type of team for Manning than it did the overall talent of the team.

Polian is too old. Would not want the pressure.   Jon Gruden would be a possible, if he wants to get back in the game; but he may not.  His personnel recommendations

would be so much better than what we get now.   Jets director of college scouting needs to be fired.  ( 12 draft picks and we wind up with....Loogatz. )    If fact, lets really clean house, guys.   New HC-- GM, Scouting,

Defense and Special Teams.  

Archived