The Consequence of Winston?

win4ever

What would happen if we drafted Winston?

Would the media think we're a joke?

Would other fanbases think lower of us? 

Would our fans revolt againt the team? 

Would you stop watching?  

In a convoluted fashion, aren't we the PERFECT landing spot for Winston?

The media already hates us, goes out of their way to make sure to kick us when we're down.  And short of drafting the next Luck, it's going to be that way.  

Other fanbases think we're a joke, so unless we start winning, that's going to be the way anyway.   

Our "fans" revolt because we want a winner.  There were plenty of people calling for Vick to start, and no one liked him as a person before the season.  

You most likely won't stop watching if you are here reading this the day after we fell to 1-7.  

Just from an on the field perspective, Winston is a stud.  He seems to a leader, always talking to his offensive players on the sideline, pumping them up, and his teammates seem to love him.   His talent level is great, very good arm, size, and decent mobility.  People couldn't wait for EJ Manuel to leave so Winston could take over, and once he did, I don't think they've lost.  

If Winston fails and screws up, could we go much lower than where we are right now?  

Plenty of teams have taken shots at guys with immense talent, and off the field issues.  Dez, Blackmon, Gordon come to mind.  One worked out great, one not so great, and one in the middle with suspensions.   Don't we have to take the shot now if we get a chance at Winston?

I'm not really arguing Winston over Mariotta, I'm just arguing the prospective of us picking Winston here.  

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I hope we let them develop before putting them in.  Get acclimated to the pace of the game, the NFL life, and adjusting to it. 

One thing that might not be mentioned enough is the money.  I watched the 30 for 30 documentary "Broke", and it talked about how most of these guys barely had any money, and then they get millions and they focus time on just spending money and acting crazy.  I'm wondering if that might have an effect on QBs, because they may not be as focused the first year, because this is the first time they've had real money and might not be able to dedicate all their time to the craft.  But by year two, you get more used to it, and can start to step away and focus more on games.   Just an outlandish though, but maybe it has some merit?   

What would happen if we drafted Winston?

Would the media think we're a joke?

Would other fanbases think lower of us? 

Would our fans revolt againt the team? 

Would you stop watching?  

In a convoluted fashion, aren't we the PERFECT landing spot for Winston?

The media already hates us, goes out of their way to make sure to kick us when we're down.  And short of drafting the next Luck, it's going to be that way.  

Other fanbases think we're a joke, so unless we start winning, that's going to be the way anyway.   

Our "fans" revolt because we want a winner.  There were plenty of people calling for Vick to start, and no one liked him as a person before the season.  

You most likely won't stop watching if you are here reading this the day after we fell to 1-7.  

Just from an on the field perspective, Winston is a stud.  He seems to a leader, always talking to his offensive players on the sideline, pumping them up, and his teammates seem to love him.   His talent level is great, very good arm, size, and decent mobility.  People couldn't wait for EJ Manuel to leave so Winston could take over, and once he did, I don't think they've lost.  

If Winston fails and screws up, could we go much lower than where we are right now?  

Plenty of teams have taken shots at guys with immense talent, and off the field issues.  Dez, Blackmon, Gordon come to mind.  One worked out great, one not so great, and one in the middle with suspensions.   Don't we have to take the shot now if we get a chance at Winston?

I'm not really arguing Winston over Mariotta, I'm just arguing the prospective of us picking Winston here.  

He would be walked out of a Target store in handcuffs before he  ever took a snap.

How many ******* Winston threads are you dipsh*ts going to start? Just comment in one of the ******* threads about future QBs.

Was the title not clear as to who I was talking about? Or were you too illiterate to read? Why click on it if you didn't care about the topic?

Are there any convicted felons we can sign to teach Winston how to be a pro?

Can hire tone to be a coach, or maybe he and dez could form a connection through their prison stories.

If his wonderlick is over 35 then yes. If not then no fing way.

No more QBs that are not brilliant.

I think as far as football goes, he's pretty smart.

He would be walked out of a Target store in handcuffs before he  ever took a snap.

That would be perfect, we can hire an attorney to plead to misdemeanor and possibly house arrest. This way he can sit at home, learn the play book the first year.

Winston is the new Brandin Cooks and Kelvin Benjamin. He is clearly a player, but some people have to be pessimistic for no reason. Kid is gonna grow up hes gonna learn.

He could be a really good player, but has to mature!

61ce62e0-d09f-11e3-8fb2-970ba373c181_Win

I did laugh, lol.

Was the title not clear as to who I was talking about? Or were you too illiterate to read? .

Yea it was a$$hole. Why don't you try reading the ******* board and add your dumbass comment to one of the 30 threads that has been started already that involve Winston. Who is a QB so he'd be in a thread about future QBs.

You clearly don't watch him play.

+1. Aside from the perp factor, he's comically overrated as a player on here.

Jameis Winston is the best QB in college football. if he ends up in Jets green, that's good news. 

Derp.

And there's the final kiss of death.

I'm convinced most people here don't actually watch college football.

If Winston or Mariota are available when we are on the clock, you make the selection.  I'm not a huge fan of either, but both are better than anything we've had for the past 6 years and we might as well grab one soon, before we dumb-luck our way into a 7 win season next year and fall out of the running for any talented QBs.  

On a side note, f*ck the Colts man, it's just not okay they get to transition from Peyton Manning to Andrew Luck after enduring only one sh*tty year. 

Yea it was a$$hole. Why don't you try reading the ******* board and add your dumbass comment to one of the 30 threads that has been started already that involve Winston. Who is a QB so he'd be in a thread about future QBs.

Or why don't you go **** yourself? If you don't want to read my posts, put me on ignore. Or actually make some threads worth talking about instead of bitching about the amount of posts you see on a message board.

Jameis Winston is the best QB in college football.

This season? I'd have him 3rd behind Mariotta and Prescott as of right now.

It's a real shame that the NFL has changed their version of the game this much. Was in Lincoln this past weekend, and I must say that a lifetime ago Ameer Abdullah would have been one heck of a player to land where we'll be drafting. That kid is stuck coming out in the wrong era.

If Winston or Mariota are available when we are on the clock, you make the selection.  I'm not a huge fan of either, but both are better than anything we've had for the past 6 years and we might as well grab one soon, before we dumb-luck our way into a 7 win season next year and fall out of the running for any talented QBs.  

On a side note, f*ck the Colts man, it's just not okay they get to transition from Peyton Manning to Andrew Luck after enduring only one sh*tty year.

Yeah there is no perfect prospect and I like Mariotta more so than Winston, but both are talented. I'm not sure there is a stud in waiting the year after either, hackenberg (sp? The kid from PSU) is supposedly really good, but I'm not sure he's without some clear flaws as well.

This season? I'd have him 3rd behind Mariotta and Prescott as of right now.

It's a real shame that the NFL has changed their version of the game this much. Was in Lincoln this past weekend, and I must say that a lifetime ago Ameer Abdullah would have been one heck of a player to land where we'll be drafting. That kid is stuck coming out in the wrong era.

Abdullah's a stud, I'd love to grab him in the 3rd. I think enough stud RBs will be taken early this year that he'll last that long.

Winston looks like mr magoo trying to see the sidelines. Looks weird to me. He didnt impress me against the Irish.

If what I'm hearing about mariota - intelligence w progressions and good kid- is true, I'd take him over some Florida state dirtbag with questionable character and eh talent.

Gurley is best player in the country, IMO. I'd rather take him than any dog I've seen. I'm not a CFootbAll nut but I'm never wrong Bout this sh*t.

What's up with the WR at Alabama? Product of playing on Stud team and getting 20 targets a gMe or real deal?

Abdullah's a stud, I'd love to grab him in the 3rd. I think enough stud RBs will be taken early this year that he'll last that long.

I think if this were 10-15 years ago, he's a top 15 pick hands down. I'd like to see him get another shot at Michigan St, IMO it's not fair if that game knocks him out of the Heisman convo. Should be a real fun game when they play Wisconsin in 2 weeks and we get to see him square off against Gordon.

Gregory is the real deal too. Nebraska's a tough team.

Winston looks like mr magoo trying to see the sidelines. Looks weird to me. He didnt impress me against the Irish.

If what I'm hearing about mariota - intelligence w progressions and good kid- is true, I'd take him over some Florida state dirtbag with questionable character and eh talent.

Gurley is best player in the country, IMO. I'd rather take him than any dog I've seen. I'm not a CFootbAll nut but I'm never wrong Bout this sh*t.

What's up with the WR at Alabama? Product of playing on Stud team and getting 20 targets a gMe or real deal?

Cooper's a legit #1 WR, and if Mariota's off the board it would be easy to justify him as the pick.

As much as I like Gurley, I'm not taking any RB in the 1st as high as we'll be picking, especially in a RB class as deep as this one where there will be bonafide studs to be had in the 3rd and 4th.

I think if this were 10-15 years ago, he's a top 15 pick hands down. I'd like to see him get another shot at Michigan St, IMO it's not fair if that game knocks him out of the Heisman convo. Should be a real fun game when they play Wisconsin in 2 weeks and we get to see him square off against Gordon.

Gregory is the real deal too. Nebraska's a tough team.

Yeah, Gordon's another stud. This is shaping up to be the best RB class in quite a while.

Archived