My case for signing Brian Hoyer after the season.

Villain The Foe

36 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think we should sign Brian Hoyer?

• Yes
    • No
    • Resign Tim Tebow.

So lets say the JETS make that evaluation that they want to sign Hoyer. How much do you pay him ?

current making 1.95 mil with 250k guaranteed. basically the QB equivalent of a bag of doritos.

we could double that.

only problem is that hoyer is a cleveland native and loves the browns. playing QB for the browns is probably a dream job for him, tough to leave a place where your heart lies.

current making 1.95 mil with 250k guaranteed. basically the QB equivalent of a bag of doritos.

we could double that.

only problem is that hoyer is a cleveland native and loves the browns. playing QB for the browns is probably a dream job for him, tough to leave a place where your heart lies.

So will he be hold on to a clipboard and watch Manziel play all of next season just to be in Cleveland. No, he won't.

These are all ploys to gain leverage for a better contract.

I'd rather burn the whole thing down and get a rookie QB BUT if the Jets are going to keep Wrex (god please no) you simply CANT give him another piece of fresh meat QB to ruin.  He needs a vet that learned from a real head coach not a glorified DC.  Plus he is a Spartan...so there is that.

I never get when the majority of Jets fans who say this,

"but not for real money".

Who the f$ck cares how much money is spent if you can improve your football team?

What did sitting on $22MM get the Jets this year?

If Hoyer can provide stability at the QB position (something the Jets haven't had since forever), you pay him, and pay him well.

Pinch pennies elsewhere, but spend on a QB. The position has been murder for this organization.

Hell I'd even consider trading for him so he doesn't hit free agency.

I never get when the majority of Jets fans who say this,

"but not for real money".

Who the f$ck cares how much money is spent if you can improve your football team?

What did sitting on $22MM get the Jets this year?

GIve Brady's contract to Josh McCown and get back to me.  This team could have won several more games if they had spent Harvin's half-season salary on a CB and a WR.  Say Flowers and Andre Roberts.  Boom!  The GM was obviously trying to play the long game.  Paying Hoyer more than $10M per for 4 or more years gets problematic long-term.  

Archived