John Idzik Ripped On Air

MatthewPLP

No offense especially to Max. This site is super cool but there are numerous posts like the ones above by mods and numerous members who would insult and throw tantrums for disagreeing with Idziot's Great Plan and Geno "Cat Piss" Smith. 

Now, with 'all the evidence' , the pendulum has swung.  Its convenient to play two sides of the same coin. All I'm doing is putting the mirror back in your respective faces.  There are many on here like MatthewPLP, BUGG, Lionel Ritchie, your favorite TomShane, latinlawyer and many others who have held fort regarding their opinion to Idziot's hiring, Rex resigning and Smith being drafted; I therefore respect their opinions slightly higher......well I lot higher.    

What is your point exactly? That I root for the Jets? I have never hidden from the fact that I am a FAN first. I have written a few thousand article on the homepage: http://JetNation.com under my stage name Phil Sullivan. When I do that, I have always been objective and fair.

As far as my forum posts, I throw a lot of stuff out there, I joke around a lot.  Would I have bet money on Geno hitting those numbers this year? Hell no. Was I rooting for it, oh yeah.

As far as the other part goes I am confused, because I never give people a hard time over their opinions. If a fan is wrong on their opinion, I really don't see the harm in it. We are just fans. We want the same thing, for the Jets to win the Super Bowl. Personally I don't care who is right and who is wrong in the fan base. I just want the Jets to be right. (which they aren't).

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No offense especially to Max. This site is super cool but there are numerous posts like the ones above by mods and numerous members who would insult and throw tantrums for disagreeing with Idziot's Great Plan and Geno "Cat Piss" Smith.

Now, with 'all the evidence' , the pendulum has swung. Its convenient to play two sides of the same coin. All I'm doing is putting the mirror back in your respective faces. There are many on here like MatthewPLP, BUGG, Lionel Ritchie, your favorite TomShane, latinlawyer and many others who have held fort regarding their opinion to Idziot's hiring, Rex resigning and Smith being drafted; I therefore respect their opinions slightly higher......well I lot higher.

You are living proof that you can be right and oh so wrong at the same time.

This is a fan site, the darksiders and pessimists are always going to take heat, especially before the season starts. Most jets fans want to believe. I don't blame them. Wish I could too. My point is you can't both be a contrarian and a little bitch when your views are held to be unpopular. Even worse is taking a victory lap and celebrating "being right" that the Jet stink--do you prefer that the Jets win or that you win some asinine internet debate? You're the guy who predicts a natural disaster and then laughs in the other victims' faces for "not believing you" when it happens.

It is the worst brand of poor sportsmanship and a disgrace to darksiderdom. I hereby revoke your darksider membership. Hand over your decoder ring, please.

No offense especially to Max. This site is super cool but there are numerous posts like the ones above by mods and numerous members who would insult and throw tantrums for disagreeing with Idziot's Great Plan and Geno "Cat Piss" Smith.

Now, with 'all the evidence' , the pendulum has swung. Its convenient to play two sides of the same coin. All I'm doing is putting the mirror back in your respective faces. There are many on here like MatthewPLP, BUGG, Lionel Ritchie, your favorite TomShane, latinlawyer and many others who have held fort regarding their opinion to Idziot's hiring, Rex resigning and Smith being drafted; I therefore respect their opinions slightly higher......well I lot higher.

Good for you, Powpow. I'm glad someone has taken up the chore of humiliating the agenda-driven, click-baiting, thin-skinned whore mods for their flip-flopping and transparent equivocation. They really do bring the site down. Get them and drive them into the ground. It shouldn't be hard, considering they're already on their knees.

post-28245-0-13424900-1414821601_thumb.jpost-28245-0-92753200-1414821338_thumb.j 

You are living proof that you can be right and oh so wrong at the same time.

This is a fan site, the darksiders and pessimists are always going to take heat, especially before the season starts. Most jets fans want to believe. I don't blame them. Wish I could too. My point is you can't both be a contrarian and a little bitch when your views are held to be unpopular. Even worse is taking a victory lap and celebrating "being right" that the Jet stink--do you prefer that the Jets win or that you win some asinine internet debate? You're the guy who predicts a natural disaster and then laughs in the other victims' faces for "not believing you" when it happens.

It is the worst brand of poor sportsmanship and a disgrace to darksiderdom. I hereby revoke your darksider membership. Hand over your decoder ring, please.

Seems you got it azz backwards. Not surprised. Not here to 'win' an argument. I just says it like it is.  I make my point and defend it in the face of adversity and unpopular criticism. For that, I and many others like me who don't adhere to the status quo of the Holy Trinity (Idziot, X-Rex and Cat Piss Smith), are labeled by  people like you as sellouts, 'wanting to be right', not real fans etc etc etc.  And YOU talk of my poor sportsmanship. I've been a Jet fan longer than you've probably been alive. I can hear the insolence in your words, which is often marked by youngins who just don't know any better or understand the path of least resistance.  Anyways, I admire your passion so whenever you're ready you're welcome to try and get my ring. 

attachicon.gifring.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_4566.JPG

Seems you got it azz backwards. Not surprised. Not here to 'win' an argument. I just says it like it is. I make my point and defend it in the face of adversity and unpopular criticism. For that, I and many others like me who don't adhere to the status quo of the Holy Trinity (Idziot, X-Rex and Cat Piss Smith), are labeled by people like you as sellouts, 'wanting to be right', not real fans etc etc etc. And YOU talk of my poor sportsmanship. I've been a Jet fan longer than you've probably been alive. I can hear the insolence in your words, which is often marked by youngins who just don't know any better or understand the path of least resistance. Anyways, I admire your passion so whenever you're ready you're welcome to try and get my ring.

No, i dont think you are a sellout for being anti-rex, anti-idzik and anti-geno. I am these things as well. I am also a darksider.

The reason for my response is because youve spent how many posts now berating other jets fans who changed their minds about rex, geno and/or smith? People are allowed to change their mind, and intelligent people often do--in fact it is one of the things that seperates the intelligent from the not. The only people who stick with their original view despite changing circumstances are stubborn brats, assholes, and the insane. Never understood the mentality of arguing for a position, then when people come around to your side, you attack them for it. Very interesting debate technique.

No, i dont think you are a sellout for being anti-rex, anti-idzik and anti-geno. I am these things as well. I am also a darksider.

The reason for my response is because youve spent how many posts now berating other jets fans who changed their minds about rex, geno and/or smith? People are allowed to change their mind, and intelligent people often do--in fact it is one of the things that seperates the intelligent from the not. The only people who stick with their original view despite changing circumstances are stubborn brats, assholes, and the insane. Never understood the mentality of arguing for a position, then when people come around to your side, you attack them for it. Very interesting debate technique.

Great post. It'll go right over his head.

The one difference between guys like this and those that change their mind, is that the intelligent people build informed skepticism through observation and fact gathering. To be so absolute in a point of view with no basis is ignorant, and it just so happens that ignorance put some people on the path to looking right. This time. Uninformed righteousness isn't intelligent, it is being on the lucky side of chance. To chastise people for reaching informed conclusions is a function of insecurity.

The one difference between guys like this and those that change their mind, is that the intelligent people build informed skepticism through observation and fact gathering. To be so absolute in a point of view with no basis is ignorant, and it just so happens that ignorance put some people on the path to looking right. This time. Uninformed righteousness isn't intelligent, it is being on the lucky side of chance. To chastise people for reaching informed conclusions is a function of insecurity.

Who knew you had this perfect post in you

It took me a week before I saw the video.  I never listen to the "Sports Dope",  We just went through six very tough opponents and our record is 1-6.  Maybe we should be 2-6, but we are 1-7.   This gives us a variance of -1 over on our expectation.  The "Sports Dope" is ragging on this...Child Please.  In his eyes his team should be 7-0, yet the record is 3-4.  His variance is -4!  He should gouge his own eyes out...like I said...Child Please

We knew our secondary was weak going into the season and picks on that, I'm surprised he had his eyes opened on that low hanging fruit.

Now he getting fans to buy a billboard ad for $10,000.  Stop It.  Stop empowering the dope!

I hope he is actually intellectually honest because in the next four weeks, his broadcast buddy who has a weekly call in with him on Mondays will be quarterbacking against four very tough qb/teams...IND, SEA, SF and DAL (combined winning pct of 66%).  I would want him to speak as passionately about that team as he is about the Jets.  I'll never will find out since I don't listen to the dope.

Well I was trying to be nice but now you can go **** yourself

Don't flatter yourself,  you obviously don't have the ability to change your mind - you're too ****in stupid.

Now 9 out of 12 draft picks are gone. Figure the math. I can't.

I will say this, based on the number of picks the Jets had this year, expectations were very high. I was trying to temper those expectations before the draft, pointing out that 9 of those 12 picks were going to be taking place on the last day of the draft.

Still, that draft is a clear disappointment. Four of the twelve picks on gone, including the high fourth rounder they got for Revis. A total of five of the twelve picks are on the active roster, and of them, one has been active for 5 games, one two, and the last none. So maybe 2 1/2 of the twelve players they took have been able to contribute to a 1-7 team. That's bad when you're drafting the standard seven players.

They took an injury prone CB in the third round who's on injured reserve, along with another fourth rounder at WR. These were rookies that John Idzik was completely counting on. The backup plan at CB was Dimitri Patterson, who flaked out before McDougle and the injury prone CB they took last year both went on injured reserve. They took three WRs in a deep WR class, handing the punt return to Saunders who fumbled it off the team. Evans is hurt, and Enunwa hasn't impressed them enough not to sign guys off the street to fill the bottom of the roster. The position has been handled so poorly that Idzik went somewhat -if not entirely- off script by trading for the injury prone Percy Harvin, and paying his rather impressive salary for half a year.

So while yes, it's early to judge a draft, you can certainly judge the third of it that's off the team already as pretty poor. You need Dozier, Enemkpali, and/or Reilly to produce this year - and really, you want to see Dozier as a starter as soon as next season. You hope McDougle or Evans shows something next year. Evans, maybe, because they seemed to be stashing him more than he was really that hurt. But McDougle, who wasn't a burner before his ACL, is a huge question mark now. As is Dee Milliner and his Achilles, for that matter.

Speaking of Milliner, last year's draft was touted for producing five starters! Milliner was one of them, we'll see how that goes. Geno and Winters are out, and other than Richardson, the last one is a FB. So really, one starter.

Not an impressive inaugural 19 draft picks overall.

• 4 weeks later...

Now 9 out of 12 draft picks are gone. Figure the math. I can't.

How anyone doesn't think johnny Idzik is not the worst evaluator of talent among all 32 NFL GM's is beyond my comprehension.

Look at New England.  They not only signed Revis they made a FANTASTIC under the radar move signing Brandon Browner to a small contract.  Now in 1 off-season the Pats went from a bottom 3rd NFL secondary to top 2 (Seattle is still better).  Why didn't Mr Seattle Seahawks Tree John Idzik go after Browner?  He wasted our time with puissant scrub D'Mitri Patterson. Dumbass.

We could have easily had both Revis and Browner last off-season and STILL BE UNDER THE F*CKING CAP AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived