John Idzik Ripped On Air

MatthewPLP

It proven Harvin is NOT a WR. He is a slot receiver/scat back/kickoff returner.  He was jettisoned out of Minnesota, and even Pete Carrol, who adored him, got rid of his azz.  

So here we have Vick $5 million, Johnson $5 million and Harvin $5 million for half a season.  $15 million wasted.  Meanwhile, Desean Jackson is making db's cry all over the league.   

Very good point, Revis would have had a bigger impact than these 3 dudes combined.. or Jackson.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No politics, no personal attacks, and -my personal preference- no Francessa, either.

I'm sure the guy ranted all over the place and said things people wanted to hear -or not- but I'm not going to listen to it because I can't stand the pompous douche, and refuse to support him enough to hit play on a youtube video. And I'm in favor of a clean sweep of the front office, coaching staff, and most of the players. In fact, I'd like Woody to sell the team to a group from Nebraska, who'll move them there, change their name and colors, and have them start playing indoor soccer so that I can finally be free. But I won't give Francesca's opinions on the matter the time of day.

No politics, no personal attacks, and -my personal preference- no Francessa, either.

I'm sure the guy ranted all over the place and said things people wanted to hear -or not- but I'm not going to listen to it because I can't stand the pompous douche, and refuse to support him enough to hit play on a youtube video. And I'm in favor of a clean sweep of the front office, coaching staff, and most of the players. In fact, I'd like Woody to sell the team to a group from Nebraska, who'll move them there, change their name and colors, and have them start playing indoor soccer so that I can finally be free. But I won't give Francesca's opinions on the matter the time of day.

Yeah but this time you should. He said what needed to be said. The reporters don't have the clout, or editorial freedom, to go off on the type of honest tirade that is being done here. I don't love Francessa but he said nothing here that wasn't 100% accurate (which makes me sick). You really should listen because it's making the rounds all over the media and you should be informed about it

It's time to throw money at the problem Woody. BS to the nonsense that a top flight GM and HC won't come here. Pile the cash very high Woody, very high...and they will come.

While your bank vault is open call Irsay and offer him our next 2 number 1's and say $200M in cash for Luck. $300M, $400M whatever it takes. You know Woody you can't take it with you and it's time to stop embarrasing yourself, your reputation, your family name, your legacy.

A broken analog clock being correct twice daily, pointing out the obvious. There is no great insight in Francesa any more than Idzik knows how to draft.

A broken analog clock being correct twice daily, pointing out the obvious. There is no great insight in Francesa any more than Idzik knows how to draft.

Not a Francessa fan but it doesn't take Copernicus to observe the problems with this team, but nobody else has publicly stated it to the level that he has. If personalities and fans don't go off on epic rants and demand changes, they'll never come. Woody hides in his luxury box until it's either a winning season or the offseason after a newsworthy personnel move. If he's going to shack up in Florham park , he's going to deal with this on a regular basis until he does something about it. He deserves it with all of the gimmicky bullsh*t that the Jets marketing department can't wait to shove down our throats 24/7. Face the music and pretend you're an executive

This thread is downright embarrassing. I for one am not happy about the Jets however I am sick and tired of how people sink to the lowest common denominator - name calling etc. Really proud of patenting Idziot - what are you 8 years old? It is so easy to jump off the bandwagon when things are bad - let's just denigrate and name call and mock by all accounts good dedicated people. These same people who bash the Jets when they are down and out arethe same ones when they win (which they will with Idzik) bromancing and humping each other in drunken stupors. Do me a favor when the Jets win with Idzik stand to the side and be quiet - you don't deserve it. Does this mean you can't criticize Idzik and the Jets - no- but mocking name calling applauding the one trick pony Francesca whose schtick finally appears to apply is so easy to do and downright tiresome. Fans come in all sizes and shapes - I think Idzik is a good dedicated man and he is disciplined and has a plan. To call for his ouster is easy after less than 2 years on the job ( you don't think the likes of Francesca will bash that move either)- to support him in bad timescis a little more difficult but I will support him and when he wins it will be that much more enjoyable.

This thread is downright embarrassing. I for one am not happy about the Jets however I am sick and tired of how people sink to the lowest common denominator - name calling etc. Really proud of patenting Idziot - what are you 8 years old? It is so easy to jump off the bandwagon when things are bad - let's just denigrate and name call and mock by all accounts good dedicated people. These same people who bash the Jets when they are down and out arethe same ones when they win (which they will with Idzik) bromancing and humping each other in drunken stupors. Do me a favor when the Jets win with Idzik stand to the side and be quiet - you don't deserve it. Does this mean you can't criticize Idzik and the Jets - no- but mocking name calling applauding the one trick pony Francesca whose schtick finally appears to apply is so easy to do and downright tiresome. Fans come in all sizes and shapes - I think Idzik is a good dedicated man and he is disciplined and has a plan. To call for his ouster is easy after less than 2 years on the job ( you don't think the likes of Francesca will bash that move either)- to support him in bad timescis a little more difficult but I will support him and when he wins it will be that much more enjoyable.

Cute rant. Welcome to Jets fanhood, pre-2009

I usually dislike Francesa, but in this instance he speaks for me. Except milder. Whether he intended to or not, there is nothing he said that I can disagree with in any way. This organization is a joke right now and deserve every single bit of mocking they get. Let it continue until every single one of them is gone.

The Jets are not a joke organization. For once they have a GM who is deliberate disciplined and has a sound methodology. I agree the jury is out on the talent assessment - but it is too early to assess his drafts- he has had some nice pickups outside the draft and the misses were low financial risks.

The Jets are not a joke organization. For once they have a GM who is deliberate disciplined and has a sound methodology. I agree the jury is out on the talent assessment - but it is too early to assess his drafts- he has had some nice pickups outside the draft and the misses were low financial risks.

Buddy, 75% of his recent draft isn't even on the team. 12 picks. 12.

Deliberate and disciplined is not an end in itself. Tell me which of part of Idzik's approach he created or is innovative in any way? God, you act like he invented building through the draft and not overpaying for free agents.

You can make fun of Tannenbaum all you want but I can almost guarantee that Idzik will never achieve even the small success that Tannenbaum did in his time here. The guy is a laughingstock so far. Absolute joke.

It's all well and good to want to build through the draft, but the absolute arrogance to think you can financially half ass your way into a season because somehow you're going to be awesome at drafting even though you have no ******* proof that you know what the **** you're doing is ******* hysterical. A joke.

Passing on Desean Jackson because he's a bad teammate (based on nothing) or because his salary is too high and then trading for Percy Harvin is ******* funny. C'mon man, you don't see how that's comedy gold?

Dmitri Patterson HAHAHAHA

Every offensive lineman (some that are defensive lineman in real life) he has ever drafted HAHAHAHAHAHA

Not coming away with one drafted, serviceable WR in one of the deepest or the deepest classes ever when you tout building through the draft HAHAHAHAHAAHWHOOOHOOOHOOOO

Out of 19 picks 3 are out of football and these were a 4th rounder and two 6th rounders. 3 picks are injured. In two drafts they have a starting TE, guard, DL, safety , CB (injured), had a starting QB ( was the logical draft choice at the time). At this time not great drafts but certainly not the worst. Dozier will be a starter next year and so will one of their WRs draft picks in my opinion.

I laughed out loud a few times watching that. I did the same thing this weekend during the game. I think the Jets have finally broke me as a fan. I never understood the saying "I'm not mad, I'm disappointed" until this season but I don't care if they win another game right now.

Yup. I love the Jets, but I hate their employees... Easy to laugh at until that changes.

Who said he was inventive?

Deliberate and disciplined is not an end in itself. Tell me which of part of Idzik's approach he created or is innovative in any way? God, you act like he invented building through the draft and not overpaying for free agents.

You can make fun of Tannenbaum all you want but I can almost guarantee that Idzik will never achieve even the small success that Tannenbaum did in his time here. The guy is a laughingstock so far. Absolute joke.

It's all well and good to want to build through the draft, but the absolute arrogance to think you can financially half ass your way into a season because somehow you're going to be awesome at drafting even though you have no ******* proof that you know what the **** you're doing is ******* hysterical. A joke.

Who says he was inventive. MT bankrupted this team and it collapsed. As I said he has sound disciplined methodology that incorporates multiple ways to build a team with the draft being the foundation for depth. Trying to win with top heavy FAs is a recipe for disaster - See Oakland Raiders and Washington Redskins. The jury is still out on his drafts - if his drafts are a total bust then he will fail. I dont think the drafts are as a horrible as people say but we will find out in a couple of years.

Francesca was right.

Also, Francesa is always right:

Yup, poor Idzik got saddled with Rex. He's actually an awesome GM, his drafted players are studs, if not for being saddled with Rex who just can't DEVELOP them enough.

And here I was thinking this whole time that it was the GM's job to assess his coach and hire and fire him if needs be.

Rex needs to go, but Hay fvcking soos man, you can't defend Idzik with shots at Rex.

Who says he was inventive. MT bankrupted this time and it collapsed. As I said he has sound disciplined methodology thst incorporates multiple ways to build a team with the draft being the foundation for depth. Trying to win with top heavy FAs is a revipe for disaster - See Oakland Raiders and Washington Redskins. The jury is still out on his draft - if his drafts are a total bust then he will fail. I dont think the drafts are as a horrible as people say but we will find out in a couple of years.

John Idzik can't even carry Mike Tannenbaum's jock strap.

Who says he was inventive. MT bankrupted this time and it collapsed. As I said he has sound disciplined methodology thst incorporates multiple ways to build a team with the draft being the foundation for depth. Trying to win with top heavy FAs is a revipe for disaster - See Oakland Raiders and Washington Redskins. The jury is still out on his draft - if his drafts are a total bust then he will fail. I dont think the drafts are as a horrible as people say but we will find out in a couple of years.

When the players aren't even on the team still, it is as bad as people say.

Having a plan is nice, but you have to have the acumen to execute on it. Otherwise you just have an idealistic white paper that people champion throughout the organization, but nobody with the talent evaluation skills to find us true champions.

What's funny, and sad, is that Rex has so re-defined and minimized our expectations for what a coach actually does (or, is supposed to do), that we've completely stopped blaming that position for wins and losses. Instead, we blame everyone else around that coach--the OC, the owner, the GM, the quarterback, etc., but we've excepted the head coach from blame almost entirely. Rex has worked so hard to make sure the fans like him that he's practically pledged fealty to them and, as a result, we accept him as a constant. He's bevome that idiot buddy we all have that does stupid stuff constantly and we just write it off as "that's just Rex being Rex."

Yup, poor Idzik got saddled with Rex. He's actually an awesome GM, his drafted players are studs, if not for being saddled with Rex who just can't DEVELOP them enough.

And here I was thinking this whole time that it was the GM's job to assess his coach and hire and fire him if needs be.

Rex needs to go, but Hay fvcking soos man, you can't defend Idzik with shots at Rex.

You let Casey Anthony babysit your kids, bad things are going to happen to your kids.

Archived